Sirro Injured

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Sirro Injured

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 4:00 am

Jirskyr I'll explain it to you , not every club is taking this competition serious and us for example that are using alot of inexperienced 1st graders from the under 20s to step up and tackle some big boys like Fafita and Dave Taylor 1 on 1 is putting you at massive risk.
We're as 13 aside you have alot more support around you , 2 can go in a tackle.
You are going to get injuries it is part of the game.
There giving $110,000 just to turn up and $130,000 to make the quarters so not much more of an incentive , so all we need is a team to turn up to pocket $110,000. My team would be mostly of NSW cup players, we have had more of our fair share of injuries over the years and it's continued .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:19 am

Looked a lot worse on field...
6 weeks isn't so bad....?

Sirro is the man, looking forward to a big season from him.
Quick recovery !

Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Kul » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:22 am

They just showed Moses without a sling or anything so it must not be too bad

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:24 am

Good news!
Hopefully resting him is just precautionary for a bit of bruising.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:10 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Jirskyr I'll explain it to you , not every club is taking this competition serious and us for example that are using alot of inexperienced 1st graders from the under 20s to step up and tackle some big boys like Fafita and Dave Taylor 1 on 1 is putting you at massive risk.
We're as 13 aside you have alot more support around you , 2 can go in a tackle.
You are going to get injuries it is part of the game.
There giving $110,000 just to turn up and $130,000 to make the quarters so not much more of an incentive , so all we need is a team to turn up to pocket $110,000. My team would be mostly of NSW cup players, we have had more of our fair share of injuries over the years and it's continued .
So you are saying tackling is more dangerous in 9s than 13s, because there is less support? Are you not watching the game out there? Plenty of 2-man tackles and plenty of touch footy, I am not seeing many dangerous collisions.

Since when are 1-1 tackles the most dangerous type of contact in the game anyway? You are saying to keep the young guys away from the Dave Taylors - newsflash, if you are on the cusp of firsts you gotta be able to tackles these guys. 9 or 50 on the park aren't going to help you if he lines you up.

The idea of sending a team of NSW Cup nobodies to represent the club makes a mockery of the whole tournament; everyone is taking it fairly seriously and naming decent sides. We of course omitted our unfit players. We were also obliged to send a certain number of our regular first-graders.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:24 pm

Well that is your opinion if you classify this Tournament so important to a 13 a side format you are nuts .
I have played S.G Ball and Flegg and played 7 a side and let me tell you that the pace of the game is amazing to a 13 a side Format .
We have had players such as Moses , Rowe, Hoertier ,Cherrington these guys are babies there is the added pressure of tackling some big men and what happened ? Led to tries .
Why did Moses get a Shoulder injury is it that his body is just simply not up to tackling these men.
Anyway your entitled to your opinion just like I am.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:31 pm

Can't believe people are getting worked up over a Mickey Mouse tournament

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:38 pm

You are more exposed in a 9 a side Format , if you don't have mobile forwards who can offload and keep the defence on the back foot you won't get nowhere , and the Forwards we did take being Woods,Gavet and Tapau not much offloads was happening .
Patterson did o.k , but no halfback was the issue with us.
Melbourne didn't take any of there stars in Slater , Smith , Cronk how do you know a certain number of 1st graders have to go to this Tournament the club pays the wagers not the people that run the Auckland 9's .
Some clubs don't agree with the 9's just cause you might doesn't mean the club does .
Just to rock up you get $110,000 anyway so who cares what players you put there and if you make the Quarters you get $20,000 more hardly worthwhile busting your gut over.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:38 pm

Furious1 wrote:Can't believe people are getting worked up over a Mickey Mouse tournament

Exactly

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 4:46 pm

I think people wouldnt be so ''worked up''....if it wasnt us that put in probably THE single most pathetic performance of the weekend.

I dont give a s*** about this comp, but we are supposed to be a professional outfit...we were embarrasing....and that gets me worked up, because its MY team

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 4:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think people wouldnt be so ''worked up''....if it wasnt us that put in probably THE single most pathetic performance of the weekend.

I dont give a s*** about this comp, but we are supposed to be a professional outfit...we were embarrasing....and that gets me worked up, because its MY team
That is it,we were pathetic.
Go hard or go home

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 5:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think people wouldnt be so ''worked up''....if it wasnt us that put in probably THE single most pathetic performance of the weekend.

We were promised a club with a different attitude in defense and culture ..what I have seen this weekend is 2013 revisited,jersey grabbers,poor discipline and disinterested players .there has been a whole off season for a attitude change ...we'll I didn't see it.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 5:36 pm

Why don't we wait to see what is dished up in round 1 before the noose comes out.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 6:14 pm

Furious1 wrote:Why don't we wait to see what is dished up in round 1 before the noose comes out.
I agree, To me its not a big deal. Its more like a trial to see who has it in them.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 8:34 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Furious1 wrote:Why don't we wait to see what is dished up in round 1 before the noose comes out.
I agree, To me its not a big deal. Its more like a trial to see who has it in them.
x3. It was a good experience for the young guys but I'm much more concerned with how we turn up for round 1.

Return to “Preseason || Trials || Auckland 9's”