learnings from 9s so far(early days)

innsaneink

Re: learnings from 9s so far(early days)

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 2:19 pm

alexaki wrote:Biggest learning from the 9's for us is that our discipline issues from last year around the ruck have not been addressed...this was also evident at last weeks trial
Which boils down to being unable to compete with the opposition defensively.
While I didnt see last weeks trial, there did appear to be a few repeat sets to the opposition on our line due to penalties.

Its my biggest concern..yet again

Post by Guest » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 2:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
smeghead wrote:Payten ran the 9's tournament for us.

Potter was there as a spectator to see a few guys and how they shape up
No wonder they played like an U20's team.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
hahaha... Good call!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 2:56 pm

Anthism wrote:
smeghead wrote:Payten ran the 9's tournament for us.

Potter was there as a spectator to see a few guys and how they shape up
Poor form if so. We should have taken this competition seriously. We are a club struggling with money and members both of which would have been helped by doing well in this. Bet that was part of the reason we were favourites at some point.
We better be smashing it in the actual season.

I'd rather 6 wins in the regular season than winning the entire 9s tournament. You can be assured we took this tournament seriously once the players took the field, but we are building a team for the 13-man version of the game, not the 9s.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 2:57 pm

Bodene is still a lazy, ill-disciplined waste of space who can't tackle.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:52 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Bodene is still a lazy, ill-disciplined waste of space who can't tackle.
We'll I would put many others in that list I thought 2013 was over !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 4:01 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Bodene is still a lazy, ill-disciplined waste of space who can't tackle.
Not sure if it was a learning or just a reminder Hybrid

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:10 am

Fulton and Patterson not only look like twins but play identical. We can't have both in the side so unfortunately goodbye Patterson. Bodene is very similar, it looks like our balance is all screwed up!

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:46 am

TIGER wrote:Fulton and Patterson not only look like twins but play identical. We can't have both in the side so unfortunately goodbye Patterson. Bodene is very similar, it looks like our balance is all screwed up!
lol. you obviously have no idea! fulton and patterson twins??!!!! well yes , they're both bald. thats where the similarities end. patto would be 20cm taller and 15kgs heavier than fults. patto is a damaging runner with an offload. fults is a tackling machine.
not even close to being similar!!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 1:12 am

I think we would have learnt very little.
9 a side League would be like judging a cricket test team playing in a 20/20 match. There are just so many differences between the 9 & 13 man games to get too accurate a portrayal. One is very structured and the other is play what you see.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 4:00 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
TIGER wrote:Fulton and Patterson not only look like twins but play identical. We can't have both in the side so unfortunately goodbye Patterson. Bodene is very similar, it looks like our balance is all screwed up!
lol. you obviously have no idea! fulton and patterson twins??!!!! well yes , they're both bald. thats where the similarities end. patto would be 20cm taller and 15kgs heavier than fults. patto is a damaging runner with an offload. fults is a tackling machine.
not even close to being similar!!
we'll see

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 5:41 pm

Patterson and Fulton are polar opposites, end of. For me the Nines showed that Gavet could be exactly what we need - a big, hard-running forward - along with Taupau (who I was underwhelmed by tbh, expected him to steamroll more than a few people). Patterson will be an absolute weapon on the edges: big, hard to handle, offload, and like in his time at Newcastle, hopefully the target of a few little dinky kicks in to the in-goal.
Koroibete still has a lot to learn in the way of footy smarts, someone summed it up perfectly in saying that he seems to believe he'll just run his man down eventually, then is surprised when they've scored 5 metres out. Richards is what we need, calm and consistent, and what we may lose in attack/speed by playing him we gain tenfold in other areas.
The youngsters still have a way to come, was underwhelmed by Moses (albeit with somewhat limited game time/freedom) and Cherrington, especially the latter. A few years against the big blokes in NSW Cup first before they get a chance I hope.
I'm taking nothing in the way of tactics from our matches, it's a completely different ball game that will see little to no crossover. A few glaring defensive errors from the usual suspects (how Thompson continually gets a run is beyond me, surely being a "good trainer" can't hold you forever) but I'll hold judgement until the real stuff starts.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 6:15 pm

For the record im a Fulton fan and if patterson is half as good as you think he is he will be interesting to watch. Why do I have a suspicion a lot of people will be calling for him to be dropped before rd6.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 8:27 pm

TIGER wrote:For the record im a Fulton fan and if patterson is half as good as you think he is he will be interesting to watch. Why do I have a suspicion a lot of people will be calling for him to be dropped before rd6.
Because you dont like him for whatever reasons you have????

Why would you think this when he really hasnt even gotten a crack yet?...as have any of them...seasons barely begun.