Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Robbie Farah says gains worth pain at Auckland Nines

Unread post by willow » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 8:18 am

Robbie Farah says gains worth pain at Auckland Nines
February 16, 2014
Michael Chammas
Rugby league reporter

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah has urged clubs not to be deterred from sending their best players to the Auckland Nines, adamant the positives of the tournament outweigh the injuries suffered there.

Tigers back-rower Curtis Sironen is expected to miss the start of the season and could be sidelined for an extended period after a suspected broken toe at the Auckland Nines.

The fitness of the players was always going to be the major factor in determining whether coaches would send their best players back to Auckland next year.

As well as Sironen, Cronulla's Todd Carney (hamstring), North Queensland fullback Lachlan Coote (knee), Gold Coast forward David Taylor (leg), Manly's Michael Chee-Kam (elbow) and Sydney Roosters forward Isaac Liu (knee) all suffered injuries on the opening day of the tournament at Eden Park.

It is likely to leave coaches contemplating whether risking their best players just three weeks out from the start of the season is a worthy exercise.

However, Farah has backed the Nines concept and believes injuries should not deter clubs from sending over their strongest sides.

''What do you do, don't play?'' Farah said. ''Dene Halatau broke his ankle last week in a trial game. It's part of the game, injuries. I know Toddy Carney did a hammy as well but what do you do, stop playing?

''Whether it happens now or in the season, it's going to happen. It's unfortunate but there are a lot more positives to this than there are negatives. It's been brilliant.''

Sironen left the field midway through the Tigers' second game and will have scans on Sunday.

tigergirlz

Unread post by tigergirlz » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 8:36 am

Moses out today with shoulder injury. BMM and Hoeter in

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Kul
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Kul » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 9:53 am

Yep I saw Moses grab the shoulder early in the Sharks game but he kept on playing and threw some good passes.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 10:17 am

Sharks into the qtrs.

Wheres Beau??

He'd be well suited to this mickey mouse - circus type footy

1/4 chicken,chips
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 1:58 pm

Beau is still injured ...I just hope we can get our 6 and 7 running the show ... I'm so over Farah being our playmaker ...I didn't see much in the playmaking ranks in the. Nines either .

Return to “Preseason || Trials || Auckland 9's”