Wests Tigers v Knights - Nines - game III

radiowave82

Re: Wests Tigers v Knights - Nines - game III

Post by radiowave82 » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 12:15 pm

smeghead wrote:Just don't care about it at all.

From my exposure to the three trials I have seen (NRL, NYC & NSW Cup) Potter has focused very much on structure and numbers in tackles. Exactly the opposite of what you want in a 9's format in many ways and the team played in a fashion reflective of that.

Great fluctuations every game and within games and zero attention to detail.

If anything it makes me happy to see the difference in trial form to the 9's. One bred success and the other bred errors and losses. Hopefully set in the minds of our guys the benefits of structure over ad lib
I just hope if that's the case we cut down on the number of offloads conceded.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 12:27 pm

southerntiger wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
Missing his mate Benji - that's for you mate!
Not sure I get that reference. Are saying I was a Benji supporter or Benji basher? I don't recall being either.
It wasn't aimed at you at all, princess.

It was a simple jibe at where and why Farah would chip kick - ala Benji

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 1:33 pm

smeghead wrote:From my exposure to the three trials I have seen (NRL, NYC & NSW Cup) Potter has focused very much on structure and numbers in tackles.
The 1 on 1 hapless arm grabbing attempts were what worried me...

Look at Ayshford's run on one of the Sharks tries yesterday, he just ran straight and 3 Tigers arm grabbed and fell off him, he didn't step, he didn't fend, he didn't even run hard, he just strolled through 3 seperate 1 on 1 attempts and not one of them got close to stopping him... It was embarressing.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 1:42 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
smeghead wrote:From my exposure to the three trials I have seen (NRL, NYC & NSW Cup) Potter has focused very much on structure and numbers in tackles.

Look at Ayshford's run on one of the Sharks tries yesterday, he just ran straight and 3 Tigers arm grabbed and fell off him, he didn't step, he didn't fend, he didn't even run hard, he just strolled through 3 seperate 1 on 1 attempts and not one of them got close to stopping him... It was embarressing.
I said the same thing to my mate yesterday . lucky they had a player in the sin bin.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 2:19 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:

I said the same thing to my mate yesterday . lucky they had a player in the sin bin.
Ayshford made a similar break again today v the Titans