My run down of all grades Today

Snake

My run down of all grades Today

Unread post by Snake » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:02 pm

Nyc ..this is a big side with heaps of talent and speed , just toyed with the Sharks many good performances and should be right up there this season.

Premier league ... Considering they had no real 1/2s pairing they went OK ,Watch out for
Fiagatusa this guy is a machine, Ava is huge and fit both played NRL as well, Rowe scored a great try heaps of pace , Luani went ok . When the 1/2s are worked out the season looks promising as well, Brown played around 30 min tops came though ok..

NRL ....Well what a pleasant surprise structured defence and solid hitting, Brooks was off the ball all 1st half and never really took part except for a few kicks and the intercept he was being brought in slow and he only played about 20min max in the second half where things went up a gear and was more involved with the ball nothing to special which is good at this stage. Richards has plenty to offer great kicking and still has good pace he will be on one wing , a few standouts .Lulia ,Paterson went ok my standouts were Teddy , Lawrence,a great game by Thompson and Gavet don't forget this name what a goer!! Anasta played OK but is on old legs reliable though.... Koro was Koro hit it up hard all night... Austin will this guy be the dark horse his defence was ok and a ball looks good in his hands and certainly has some pace time will tell don,t right him of just yet .A lot of the guys came off with 15 to go including Farah don't think he was injured just came of a sat down with the rest of the guys.

Now for other things Blair will be lucky to hold his spot the Fafita try a jersey grab 15 out to score Blair was immediately taken off , he will be struggling especially with the way Gavet is playing! Don't be to concerned about the penalties 60% should not have been given and 20% were questionable but in saying that refs could perceive the Tigers as bad offenders generally the referring was pathetic.

On the Side lines ... Siro was there on crutches sorry site, Moltzen with a bandage on the Knee, Galloway, Fulton, Nofo enjoying the night as with Moses, The Hulk was there Mr Sue he is just all muscle cant wait to see him on the paddock.

This squad is a team make no mistake every time one came off they went up to all seated players and high 5 them every single one,I was siting near the players section and these are a happy bunch of guys.
My impression of the night if you are a Weststigers fan this is a real footy team!! make no mistake. I think the whole thing will rest on the 1/2s and keeping injuries to a minimum how far they will go who knows, or if they can sustain the load week in week out .I left tonight feeling pretty dame good!

greatodensraven

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:28 pm

Cheers for that mate, sounds good

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigergirlz

Unread post by tigergirlz » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:35 pm

Promising overview. Tax

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks for the post snake .. Sound very positive!!!

Phantomlock

Unread post by Phantomlock » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:38 pm

Loving these overviews. Cheers Snake, much appreciated!

Positive signs with all 3 grades really. Cronulla's State Cup side is always strong considering who 'feeds' it.

NYC side sounds a class in their own and our NRL team is sounding promising even if only from a couple of trials.

PL

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:45 pm

Good read snake we will improve this year.
But one thing is for sure the referees will never improve. Worse than ever.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 1:56 am

get discipline sorted and we can make a stab at the 8.

sounds positive though, two good signs so far. But, obviously, Rounds 1-6 or so will give a pretty solid indicator as to where we are at.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 7:17 am

Snake wrote:Nyc ..this is a big side with heaps of talent and speed ,

Fiagatusa this guy is a machine, Ava is huge and fit both played NRL as well, Rowe scored a great try heaps of pace ,

Well what a pleasant surprise structured defence and solid hitting,

Richards has plenty to offer great kicking and still has good pace

my standouts were Teddy , Lawrence,

Gavet don't forget this name what a goer!!

Austin will this guy be the dark horse his defence was ok and a ball looks good in his hands and certainly has some pace

The Hulk was there Mr Sue he is just all muscle cant wait to see him on the paddock!
Thanks Snake, great post, and hope you don't mind my editing,

My take. More young size and speed on the way up. A beefed up and much more aggressive pack (Irvine's post re Ava's stoush) that is belatedly learning how to defend properly, and for which you will have to earn your spot, even when a couple are out injured. Love "The Hulk" comment.

A better kicking game, although that should be a given, and we may well have our left centre back playing decent footy. The halves, well again, can't be much worse and have the potential to be great.

The impression I have gained from photos, interviews and reports from the two trials etc, is that they are a genuine team and now Potter's one at that. Certainly the most positive I have felt for the season ahead since this time in 2011 (we lost Dwyer, then our half in Lui the next off season,so I held little hope for 2012), but not expecting too much, just being competitive.

Overall though, our continuing junior development, coupled with new team and club structures being put in place, the coming years look very promising indeed.

softlaw

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 10:45 am

Really good news on Fiagatusa. His motor and attitude were very impressive at the end of last season.
He, Brown, Sue, Woods and Sirro are going to be the base of a great pack over the next few years.

& thanks for the report!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks Snake for the report

Good to hear Rowdy was a standout , lets hope he can stay fully fit for 26 rounds and hopefully then some

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 11:50 am

happy tiger wrote:Thanks Snake for the report

Good to hear Rowdy was a standout , lets hope he can stay fully fit for 26 rounds and hopefully then some
by, 'then some' i hope you mean 4 more ;)
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tigerbenji

Unread post by tigerbenji » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:00 pm

Well done Snake, Good to see Rowdy played well, He deserves some injury free Seasons.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:04 pm

Sorry was one other question

Who kicked the most in general play Farah ,Anasta or Brooks ??

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:33 pm

Snake wrote: Now for other things Blair will be lucky to hold his spot the Fafita try a jersey grab 15 out to score Blair was immediately taken off , he will be struggling especially with the way Gavet is playing!
I've never been much in favour of dropping players unless there is a better alternative, but I'm hoping to see Blair make an appearance in NSW Cup this year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Danoss

Unread post by Danoss » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:42 pm

Snake wrote:Now for other things Blair will be lucky to hold his spot the Fafita try a jersey grab 15 out to score Blair was immediately taken off , he will be struggling especially with the way Gavet is playing!
Video footage tells a different story..
- 01:44 Gavet shirt grabbing and brushed off by Fafita. Blair not even on the field.

fergiefurr

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 1:00 pm

Appreciate the feedback, always prefer reading a fans point who was there as opposed to a journo or the clubs

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 1:21 pm

Danoss wrote:
Snake wrote:Now for other things Blair will be lucky to hold his spot the Fafita try a jersey grab 15 out to score Blair was immediately taken off , he will be struggling especially with the way Gavet is playing!
Video footage tells a different story..
- 01:44 Gavet shirt grabbing and brushed off by Fafita. Blair not even on the field.
Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember seeing Fifita score when I watched Azspotza's highlights, let alone Blair missing him.

willow

Unread post by willow » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 2:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:Sorry was one other question

Who kicked the most in general play Farah ,Anasta or Brooks ??
Shared fairly evenly between Anasta and Brooks I though. Farah didn't kick a great deal.

Return to “Preseason || Trials || Auckland 9's”