Wests Tigers v Cronulla Sharks - Trial Match Video Highlight

Phantomlock

Wests Tigers v Cronulla Sharks - Trial Match Video Highlight

Unread post by Phantomlock » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 10:42 pm

Highlights courtesy of Wests Tigers Official website.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-disp ... ghts/90844

PL

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:40 am

Great work PL

I know Koroibete is quick , but what about the referee ??

Annoyed the boys didn't come running in when Gavet (?) gets poleaxed

Phantomlock

Unread post by Phantomlock » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 7:19 am

Koro's like lightening and I noticed how much gas the ref had too!

I think it was Fiagatusa who got "poleaxed" but yeah I agree with you. I remember the WT's journo mentioning it.

PL

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 11:23 am

the referee woulda got a massive headstart, no? he's not gonna be standing on the try line
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 11:36 am

pHyR3 wrote:the referee woulda got a massive headstart, no? he's not gonna be standing on the try line
He would still have had to stop and turn

He foots it with him for at least the last 50 metres pHyR3

Actually when he turns (the ref ) he maybe had 3-4 metres start but Koroibete was through already

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 11:47 am

oh wow, that's impressive then. i thought it'd be 10-15m head start. and i forgot about him having to turn
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

reyre2000

Unread post by reyre2000 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:05 pm

4 things in that short video stood out to me

1 - Put that Ref in a jersey, he would be the fastest player in the NRL
2 - Blair's embarrassing arm grab at Fifita for his first try, an experienced NRL player just made to look very amateurish.
3 - Finally after too many years we have a goal kicker, we might just win those 4 or so matches a year we traditionally loose by 2 points because we had no goal kicker.
4 - The boys are still absolute cats with no aggression. Dont know about you but if i saw my 'mate' get smashed like that Polynesian dude got hit, i would have thought 12 players would have swamped him, not a light massage from Farah on his shoulders.....they're all still complete cats
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:28 pm

reyre2000 wrote: 4 - The boys are still absolute cats with no aggression. Dont know about you but if i saw my 'mate' get smashed like that Polynesian dude got hit, i would have thought 12 players would have swamped him, not a light massage from Farah on his shoulders.....they're all still complete cats
and get a couple of 1-2 game suspensions? yea that'd be a good way to start the season

BrotherJim05

Unread post by BrotherJim05 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:56 pm

reyre2000 wrote:4 things in that short video stood out to me

The boys are still absolute cats with no aggression. Dont know about you but if i saw my 'mate' get smashed like that Polynesian dude got hit, i would have thought 12 players would have swamped him, not a light massage from Farah on his shoulders.....they're all still complete cats
Let me guess, if they swamped him and one of them got suspended you would be complaining about how we lack discipline?

Calling them "cats" in a trial game is just ridiculous.
New Generation

BrotherJim05

Unread post by BrotherJim05 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 1:02 pm

Question for someone who was at the game, how did Brooks play overall?

I'm really keen to see how he goes running off Farah and whether he can continue the form we saw in the Dragons game last year.
From the snippets I saw from the highlight reel, he seemed to follow Farah like a hawk and is quick enough to react to sudden changes in play.
New Generation

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 1:09 pm

Why should they swamp him, he hit him i a good and fair tackle.

Reacting to that is soft....tough players get up and get on with it.

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 1:28 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:Question for someone who was at the game, how did Brooks play overall?

I'm really keen to see how he goes running off Farah and whether he can continue the form we saw in the Dragons game last year.
From the snippets I saw from the highlight reel, he seemed to follow Farah like a hawk and is quick enough to react to sudden changes in play.
He got through the game. He does the little things right and his not a show pony. He doesn't think his any better than what he is and most importantly he doesn't do annoying off the cuff stuff. His a real footballer.

Brooks wasn't targeted in defence which was a surprise. He just does his job. He will have a great season.

Austin on the other hand looks cocky and spends too much time flicking his hair out of his face, he doesn't have the same touch on his kicks that Brooks does. He reminds me a bit of Miller but I don't really know him so will reserve judgement .

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 1:37 pm

Austin to me is trying very hard to impress, maybe a little more than he has to. I do like the look of his play when he runs the ball to the line, and that's probably the biggest thing I've noticed since benji departed - Our attack is now a lot more direct, as is the running of Brooks/Anasta/Austin. I think this will serve us well coupled with the extra size up the middle and on the edges and the speed we have out wide.

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 2:01 pm

willow wrote:Austin to me is trying very hard to impress, maybe a little more than he has to. I do like the look of his play when he runs the ball to the line, and that's probably the biggest thing I've noticed since benji departed - Our attack is now a lot more direct, as is the running of Brooks/Anasta/Austin. I think this will serve us well coupled with the extra size up the middle and on the edges and the speed we have out wide.
Yes that could be it Willow. Austin looks to be trying too hard while Brooks is just sitting back waiting for his turn. I noticed that Austin does straighten our attack which gives a lot more room to the outside backs.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 3:25 pm

austin HAS to try hard.

brooks knows he will start at 7 if fit, and potter has probably told him to NOT over play his hand in this trial and maybe focus on one or two particular areas of his games (maybe long kicks, grubbers, positioning, whatever). While Austin knows he's no. 2 to Anasta and has to do something spectacular to get chosen in round 1 or even down the track

reyre2000

Unread post by reyre2000 » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 3:56 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:
reyre2000 wrote:4 things in that short video stood out to me

The boys are still absolute cats with no aggression. Dont know about you but if i saw my 'mate' get smashed like that Polynesian dude got hit, i would have thought 12 players would have swamped him, not a light massage from Farah on his shoulders.....they're all still complete cats
Let me guess, if they swamped him and one of them got suspended you would be complaining about how we lack discipline?

Calling them "cats" in a trial game is just ridiculous.

They're not playing soccer, this is a mans game
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 3:57 pm

pHyR3 wrote:austin HAS to try hard.

brooks knows he will start at 7 if fit, and potter has probably told him to NOT over play his hand in this trial and maybe focus on one or two particular areas of his games (maybe long kicks, grubbers, positioning, whatever). While Austin knows he's no. 2 to Anasta and has to do something spectacular to get chosen in round 1 or even down the track
You took the words out of my mouth,I was just about to say the same thing lol.
Tigersman since 2013!

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 7:15 pm

By gee Gavet gets smashed, I reckon Wade Graham wouldn't be out of place with an interchange Jersey for Origin this year, this kid can play.
Was very impressed with him in the 9's tournament.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Return to “Preseason || Trials || Auckland 9's”