15. Kyle Stanley
16. Joel Thompson
17. Tyson Frizell
20. Mike Cooper

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/03/ ... igers.html

We'll beat that mob I rekon

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:09 pm

don't take them lightly, otherwise wests-tigers will be on the wrong side of the score line.

their 6 & 7 will go well.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:14 pm

Wasn't Michael Witt a Parramatta reject quite a few years ago ? I think the Dragons are in for a long year.
If we can't beat this side then we should be favourites for the wooden spoon
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:17 pm

That has to be one of the poorest sides we'll play all season. MUST win game.

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:18 pm

I don't mind their back row... It's the strongest part of the side....

Front row is a little light on!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:31 pm

Round one all teams are a chance, I actually think its a lot better team than last year, so I think it will be a tough contest for us.

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:03 pm

Strong side tbh

BrotherJim05

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:07 pm

It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
They have a fairly strong back row but I believe a Front row rotation of Woods, Galloway, Gavet and Tupau will be enough to smash through their middle defense. If Farah can control the ruck and the forwards make the meters, Brooks will have a field day working his magic once again
New Generation

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:12 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
They have a fairly strong back row but I believe a Front row rotation of Woods, Galloway, Gavet and Tupau will be enough to smash through their middle defense. If Farah can control the ruck and the forwards make the meters, Brooks will have a field day working his magic once again
Galloway is out mate.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:14 pm

Only one full time prop in their squad. Surely our engine room should be able to get on top of theirs?

They lose a lot of attacking strike without Dugan there, and whilst I rate Mitch Rein, a lot of their attack will fall on Widdop. Shutting him down should be the key.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:08 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Wasn't Michael Witt a Parramatta reject quite a few years ago ? I think the Dragons are in for a long year.
If we can't beat this side then we should be favourites for the wooden spoon
Agreed, it's a weak side. They will fight it out with Canberra and Parramatta for last. If we can't beat them, then we will also be in that log jam.

Witt is most known for putting a goal line dropout dead on the full, he went well at the Warriors behind a monster pack. He won't get that kind of go-forward from this pack.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:09 pm

We should pump that

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:15 pm

A very beatable side. We'll be in for a long year if we can't put that mob away.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:31 pm

My boss is a fanatical dragons fan, and to say he was disappointed with this team would be a massive understatement! He has very little time for Ah Mau, and was critical of the fact they have no prop rotation off the bench.

They will be hyped up given it is the first game of the season, but they have lost Dugan and are coming off the back of a Souths shellacking. And where is Sam Williams? How is Witt better than Williams?

The only thing worrying me is that Price knows he needs results. I can't see what he is getting at with this side so I assume he knows something that we all don't. Kick to the fullback all day!!

BrotherJim05

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:52 pm

phil1986 wrote:
BrotherJim05 wrote:It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
Galloway is out mate.

Damn...that really hurts our chances. Hopefully Ava or Buchanen can step up
New Generation

BrotherJim05

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:55 pm

Tigersmurf wrote: Kick to the fullback all day!!
This is where I think Anasta will provide great value. His deep kicking game and huge bombs will keep Quinlin busy
New Generation

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:57 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:My boss is a fanatical dragons fan, and to say he was disappointed with this team would be a massive understatement! He has very little time for Ah Mau, and was critical of the fact they have no prop rotation off the bench.

They will be hyped up given it is the first game of the season, but they have lost Dugan and are coming off the back of a Souths shellacking. And where is Sam Williams? How is Witt better than Williams?

The only thing worrying me is that Price knows he needs results. I can't see what he is getting at with this side so I assume he knows something that we all don't. Kick to the fullback all day!!
Hes been one of there best late last year and in trials

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:58 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote: Kick to the fullback all day!!
This is where I think Anasta will provide great value. His deep kicking game and huge bombs will keep Quinlin busy
That's an area he really needs to step up in this year, to take pressure off Brooks and Farah. Not sure if the groin injury impacted his kicking game last year, but I expect him to take a lot more responsibility in this department this season.