Dragons Team

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6898
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Dragons Team

Post by Sabre » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:06 pm

1. Adam Quinlan
2. Brett Morris
3. Dylan Farrell
4. Gerard Beale
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Michael Witt
8. Jack de Belin
9. Mitch Rein
10. Dan Hunt
11. Leeson Ah Mau
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Kyle Stanley
16. Joel Thompson
17. Tyson Frizell
20. Mike Cooper

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/03/ ... igers.html

We'll beat that mob I rekon


User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4727
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: North of Hexham Bridge

Post by westTAHger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:09 pm

don't take them lightly, otherwise wests-tigers will be on the wrong side of the score line.

their 6 & 7 will go well.
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 11979
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:14 pm

Wasn't Michael Witt a Parramatta reject quite a few years ago ? I think the Dragons are in for a long year.
If we can't beat this side then we should be favourites for the wooden spoon
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:17 pm

That has to be one of the poorest sides we'll play all season. MUST win game.

phil1986
Member
Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by phil1986 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:18 pm

I don't mind their back row... It's the strongest part of the side....

Front row is a little light on!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6944
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 2:31 pm

Round one all teams are a chance, I actually think its a lot better team than last year, so I think it will be a tough contest for us.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:03 pm

Strong side tbh

BrotherJim05
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:07 pm

It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
They have a fairly strong back row but I believe a Front row rotation of Woods, Galloway, Gavet and Tupau will be enough to smash through their middle defense. If Farah can control the ruck and the forwards make the meters, Brooks will have a field day working his magic once again
New Generation

phil1986
Member
Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by phil1986 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:12 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
They have a fairly strong back row but I believe a Front row rotation of Woods, Galloway, Gavet and Tupau will be enough to smash through their middle defense. If Farah can control the ruck and the forwards make the meters, Brooks will have a field day working his magic once again
Galloway is out mate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 3:14 pm

Only one full time prop in their squad. Surely our engine room should be able to get on top of theirs?

They lose a lot of attacking strike without Dugan there, and whilst I rate Mitch Rein, a lot of their attack will fall on Widdop. Shutting him down should be the key.

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4264
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:08 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Wasn't Michael Witt a Parramatta reject quite a few years ago ? I think the Dragons are in for a long year.
If we can't beat this side then we should be favourites for the wooden spoon
Agreed, it's a weak side. They will fight it out with Canberra and Parramatta for last. If we can't beat them, then we will also be in that log jam.

Witt is most known for putting a goal line dropout dead on the full, he went well at the Warriors behind a monster pack. He won't get that kind of go-forward from this pack.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28411
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:09 pm

We should pump that

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:15 pm

A very beatable side. We'll be in for a long year if we can't put that mob away.

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1872
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:31 pm

My boss is a fanatical dragons fan, and to say he was disappointed with this team would be a massive understatement! He has very little time for Ah Mau, and was critical of the fact they have no prop rotation off the bench.

They will be hyped up given it is the first game of the season, but they have lost Dugan and are coming off the back of a Souths shellacking. And where is Sam Williams? How is Witt better than Williams?

The only thing worrying me is that Price knows he needs results. I can't see what he is getting at with this side so I assume he knows something that we all don't. Kick to the fullback all day!!

BrotherJim05
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:52 pm

phil1986 wrote:
BrotherJim05 wrote:It may not look like the strongest team, but we can't take any teams or any games lightly. Every round has to be a MUST win to bring a winning culture back to the Wests Tigers.
They have a fairly strong back row but I believe a Front row rotation of Woods, Galloway, Gavet and Tupau will be enough to smash through their middle defense. If Farah can control the ruck and the forwards make the meters, Brooks will have a field day working his magic once again
Galloway is out mate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Damn...that really hurts our chances. Hopefully Ava or Buchanen can step up
New Generation

BrotherJim05
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:55 pm

Tigersmurf wrote: Kick to the fullback all day!!
This is where I think Anasta will provide great value. His deep kicking game and huge bombs will keep Quinlin busy
New Generation

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28411
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:57 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:My boss is a fanatical dragons fan, and to say he was disappointed with this team would be a massive understatement! He has very little time for Ah Mau, and was critical of the fact they have no prop rotation off the bench.

They will be hyped up given it is the first game of the season, but they have lost Dugan and are coming off the back of a Souths shellacking. And where is Sam Williams? How is Witt better than Williams?

The only thing worrying me is that Price knows he needs results. I can't see what he is getting at with this side so I assume he knows something that we all don't. Kick to the fullback all day!!
Hes been one of there best late last year and in trials

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 4:58 pm

BrotherJim05 wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote: Kick to the fullback all day!!
This is where I think Anasta will provide great value. His deep kicking game and huge bombs will keep Quinlin busy
That's an area he really needs to step up in this year, to take pressure off Brooks and Farah. Not sure if the groin injury impacted his kicking game last year, but I expect him to take a lot more responsibility in this department this season.

Post Reply