Wests Tigers Round 1 Team - Official Line Up

softlaw

Re: Wests Tigers Round 1 Team - Official Line Up

Post by softlaw » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 8:29 pm

Love that bench :)
& if you look at the size of the State Cup bench there may be a pattern forming...
Madgic!

willow

Post by willow » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 9:05 pm

Tigersman wrote:I have no idea why Bodene is in the Squad let alone in the top 13 :crazy Same goes for Blair at 13 I think he is best on the bench as a rotating prop he did OK last year doing it.
He was very good against the Sharks and surprised me with the quality of his work, hit hard in defence and ran the ball hard. He could very well be in for a good season if his attitude is anything to go by so far.

Looks like we have a few troops back on deck for round 2 but I'm really liking the bench with the size and impact we have.

I didn't notice BMM or Buchanan listed in NSW Cup so I assume they're on standby...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 9:42 pm

bodene will surprise many.

if you doubt him, go watch round 24 vs the dragons and lookout for bodene in defence. I honestly believe we may have come close to losing that game if not for him and braith.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:01 pm

Not really feeling Thompson and Fulton being in the starting line up together. They are very similar players who get their work done but aren't anything overly special. Would have preferred Paterson to start.

Disappointed with BMM as well like many, I think his attitude isn't quite right. It's a real shame because he can be such a great weapon for us but he just hasn't been in the right head space over the last few years. This may be the last year he has to impress, otherwise I'm worried we might lose him.

nuggetron

Post by nuggetron » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:11 pm

who loses their spot for sauce when he returns and when does he return?
how do we see the minutes for the forwards?

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:14 pm

nuggetron wrote:who loses their spot for sauce when he returns and when does he return?
Ava mate... I can see it being evenly split, woods knee, probably no point pushing him 60+ mins a game if the other forwards are pulling their weight.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

nuggetron

Post by nuggetron » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:22 pm

phil1986 wrote:
nuggetron wrote:who loses their spot for sauce when he returns and when does he return?
Ava mate... I can see it being evenly split, woods knee, probably no point pushing him 60+ mins a game if the other forwards are pulling their weight.

sounds good to me
as long as we dont field taupau and gavet at the same time we have a front row worth fearing
our 2nd row is a tad disappointing at the moment, but when sirro returns it could be a damaging pack
austin hopefully bides his time and proves his worth in juniors, and im sure he will get his opportunity in due time

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:22 pm

I dont know why so many dont like the Fulton/Thompson starting combo... Im a fan, they can grind us into the game, then once we open the rotation up we have all kinds of angry and damaging runners and hitters with Gavet, Sue and Patterson... Ava isnt a slouch either.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm

pHyR3 wrote:bodene will surprise many.

if you doubt him, go watch round 24 vs the dragons and lookout for bodene in defence. I honestly believe we may have come close to losing that game if not for him and braith.
That is exactly how I saw that match also.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:30 pm

Don't like Teddy Blair at lock, don't like Waste Anasta in the 17. Bodene Thompson and Martin Taupau need to play well to cement their spots.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:36 pm

No one questions Fulton heart or commitment to the team he gives 100 percent every game but we always get rolled in the forwards because he lacks size and power as does Boedene and as for Blair well look at the last two seasons enough said his overrated and over paid.

If we want to compete with the better sides we need a better back row , to be honest can only see Fulton coming of the bench once Sironen is back.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 10:42 pm

you know, for some reason i always see fulton's name and go "meh", but he always plays well. i think i, along with a lot of others, get put off because he isnt that big.

he deserves to be there. he will outplay expectations as always. :)

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 11:01 pm

Fulton is the man. Love me some Liam Fulton.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 11:21 pm

Patterson should've got the starting spot over Thompson

Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 11:35 pm

sheer64 wrote:Don't like Teddy Blair at lock, don't like Waste Anasta in the 17. Bodene Thompson and Martin Taupau need to play well to cement their spots.
Hmmm .....an aspiring coach I see

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 11:57 pm

I know Bodene is small in stature but I think what people seem to forget is that he is one of the strongest players (in terms of muscle strength) in the squad, I think that over the preseason he has began to use that and tighten his defensive technique. His pace and footwork combined make him an extremely damaging backrower if he can take advantage of this skill set.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 11:59 pm

Fraze23 wrote:I'm glad Seumanafagai was able to grab a bench spot along with Sue. It's good to see they've been rewarded for their efforts last season.
Only thing to raise an eyebrow is Thompson in ahead of BMM. Seems strange. We'll just have to trust Potter's judgement.
BMM does not deserve to be in the team. I am glad Ava made the squad I watched both trials and he deserves to be there as does Thompson.
I was also impressed with Lulia and Richards.
Looks like Potter has taken his own advice and picked the team on form..... except for Blair.....OK Mick give Blair two games max and that's it we can't afford to carry him.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 12:34 am

Irvine wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:I'm glad Seumanafagai was able to grab a bench spot along with Sue. It's good to see they've been rewarded for their efforts last season.
Only thing to raise an eyebrow is Thompson in ahead of BMM. Seems strange. We'll just have to trust Potter's judgement.
BMM does not deserve to be in the team. I am glad Ava made the squad I watched both trials and he deserves to be there as does Thompson.
I was also impressed with Lulia and Richards.
Looks like Potter has taken his own advice and picked the team on form..... except for Blair.....OK Mick give Blair two games max and that's it we can't afford to carry him.
ive read THIS is really going to be blairs year!!