To all the people...

Zaibatsu

To all the people...

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:43 pm

Who gave me crap when I said our squad is ordinary, especially defensively, and anyone who thinks we have aspirations of a finals spot is beyond optimistic, I hope you enjoyed the match today...

Worst attack in the comp tore us to shreds :?

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:49 pm

we have significant number of starting players out. today is hardly the benchmark.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:52 pm

Ah well as long as your happy Z and feel vindicated

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:54 pm

Yossarian wrote:Ah well as long as your happy Z and feel vindicated
Not happy at all about the match result, was pretty unhappy about the comments directed at me during the week though in regards to a simple opinion, which oh look, was spot on the money.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:55 pm

mtd wrote:we have significant number of starting players out. today is hardly the benchmark.
You're right, if Galloway & Simona were playing Dragons would have been held scoreless... :crazy

Today's defensive effort was exactly the same as last year showing the core thing that's missing - Attitude.

A few players coming back will make no difference to attitude.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 4:59 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:we have significant number of starting players out. today is hardly the benchmark.
You're right, if Galloway & Simona were playing Dragons would have been held scoreless... :crazy

Today's defensive effort was exactly the same as last year showing the core thing that's missing - Attitude.

and nofu
and sirronen
and halatau

but hey don't let 5 out of 17 players get in the way of you being right

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:02 pm

mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:

and nofu
and sirronen
and halatau

Nofo is only slightly better than Koro, Siro & Halatau would be bench warmers only :lol:

We got 44 points put on us by the worst looking attack in the comp.

You obviously don't understand rugby league, defense is about ATTITUDE more than the name on the jersey, swap a few players in and out and it will make little to no difference, the entire team's attitude in defense was nothing other than ABYSMAL.

And there-in lies the problem.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:06 pm

Flogged by St George says it all to me. Spoon this year methinks.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:07 pm

TJL wrote:Flogged by St George says it all to me. Spoon this year methinks.
But hey! We won a trial against the Sharks, so anyone who thinks our squad is ordinary is very misguided! *Wests Tigers forum logic* :D

tigerstoroar

Post by tigerstoroar » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:14 pm

I guess it all boils down to that ........

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:15 pm

I apologise for overestimating our team.

That being said I was happy with how Tedesco looked. That was very impressive. We were good with the ball in hand until the back end of the match and it all went very very pear shaped. Defensively I think we lost a lot when Fulton when off. Considering it was 12-6 when he went down and they scored a few tries right where he'd have been next to Brooks. Paterson has never been a noted defender either.

Was pretty disappointed with Farah. I thought he was our worst today.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:15 pm

Disgusting defense. Fire Mick Potter for this awful awful defense. They can't tackle, they can't slide, they will give up 90 some point this year.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:19 pm

Black Orange White wrote:Disgusting defense. Fire Mick Potter for this awful awful defense. They can't tackle, they can't slide, they will give up 90 some point this year.

And replace him with who? Todd Payten? David Kidwell?

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:31 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:

and nofu
and sirronen
and halatau

Nofo is only slightly better than Koro, Siro & Halatau would be bench warmers only :lol:

We got 44 points put on us by the worst looking attack in the comp.

You obviously don't understand rugby league, defense is about ATTITUDE more than the name on the jersey, swap a few players in and out and it will make little to no difference, the entire team's attitude in defense was nothing other than ABYSMAL.

And there-in lies the problem.
oh i don't understand rugby league. please, tell me more about myself wise one.....
:roll

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:33 pm

mtd wrote:And there-in lies the problem.
oh i don't understand rugby league. please, tell me more about myself wise one.....
:roll[/quote]

Well, if you honestly believe bringing in Siro & Halatau etc is going to solve this defense then you obviously have no clue.

Defense = Attitude, simple.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:36 pm

MacDougall wrote:I apologise for overestimating our team.

That being said I was happy with how Tedesco looked. That was very impressive. We were good with the ball in hand until the back end of the match and it all went very very pear shaped. Defensively I think we lost a lot when Fulton when off. Considering it was 12-6 when he went down and they scored a few tries right where he'd have been next to Brooks. Paterson has never been a noted defender either.

Was pretty disappointed with Farah. I thought he was our worst today.
Tedesco does look good and I agree about Farah, he was well off his game, tried to take too much on himself I feel :| .

I have no doubt we have points in us, but also no doubt the opposition will always have more in them until we get some bloody steel about us in defence, that display today was just embarressing...

When opposition teams get in our red zone it just feels like we can pencil them in for a try and not even both trying to stop them.

Post by Guest » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:36 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:Disgusting defense. Fire Mick Potter for this awful awful defense. They can't tackle, they can't slide, they will give up 90 some point this year.

And replace him with who? Todd Payten? David Kidwell?
Does it really matter? What is certain is he's a very, very poor coach. Everyone last year was saying that this season should be the one he's judged on, given he chose the team and the coaching staff. I know it's only one game in but today was as bad, if not worse than last year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by westTAHger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:37 pm

wests-tigers got their pants pulled down today. :oops:
hopefully they will re-group, learn from this, identify issues and get things in order, so it does not happen repeatedly in season 2014.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie