Rd 1 AFTERMATH thread

Black Orange White

Re: Rd 1 AFTERMATH thread

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Tigersman wrote: :roll I am 15 and I know more about footy then you do lol!
If you think that performance was good or this team is good then you are vastly overrating your knowledge.

the third

Post by the third » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:46 pm

a 15yr old as as valid opinion as the rest. Typical of wests tigers fans we turn on each other instead if entering a siege mentality.

Late points equals fitness issues. 65 mins in on the replay and we are huffing. Stains aren't even sweating..

No established playmaker (5/8) kills is as farah is competitive and overplays his hand.

Teddy, Richards, taupou looked good. Lawrence is going ok, Patterson will be great offloading to teddy soon. Tough year ahead, but at least support the team

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:50 pm

Black Orange White wrote:
If you think that performance was good or this team is good then you are vastly overrating your knowledge.
Ofcourse today's performance wasn't good and Ofcourse our team Isn't that great but Remember this season is a RE-BUILDING SEASON.
Tigersman since 2013!

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:55 pm

since this is the aftermath thread i'm getting a little worried of the amount of head knocks and concussions fulton has had in his career. definitely missed his defence when he went off.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:57 pm

Tigersman wrote:
Ofcourse today's performance wasn't good and Ofcourse our team Isn't that great but Remember this season is a RE-BUILDING SEASON.
I can excuse poor players to some degree. What I can't excuse is no effort, terrible attitude and lack of fundamentals in tackling and defence in general. Whether you are 16th or 1st, I expect some sort of physicality and pride in your defence.

I don't care if it's a rebuilding season, I actually like the fact that the team is clearing house. But I cannot give them a pass for this 'effort' they put in. This isn't a one game reaction. This is a 13 year reaction.

Post by Guest » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:58 pm

Tigersman wrote:
I can excuse poor players to some degree. What I can't excuse is no effort, terrible attitude and lack of fundamentals in tackling and defence in general. Whether you are 16th or 1st, I expect some sort of physicality and pride in your defence.

I don't care if it's a rebuilding season, I actually like the fact that the team is clearing house. But I cannot give them a pass for this 'effort' they put in. This isn't a one game reaction. This is a 13 year reaction.
Yep. Nobodyy minds us losing. But its how we are losing. A

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:02 pm

Guys i know we played sh*t and our defence especially was atrocious,but it's the first round wait until the round 6-7 and if we are still playing like this then I will join you guys.
Tigersman since 2013!

Post by Guest » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:06 pm

king sirro wrote:This will mean nothing to the chumps earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, but the $100 that just cost me to watch them play like that hurt. I dont struggle financially, i consider myself middle of the road, so i really feel for those who struggle and forked out their hard earned. A large bunch of those players should be afraid to face their team mates.

Tedesco, besides a bad mistake before half time can hold his head up. Nice debut by Taupau and decent return by Richards. Blair looked strong and tried hard.
100%

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:08 pm

Tigersman wrote:
What was last season and the season before? A proper re-building will require replacing the common denominator (Mick Potter) who hasn't shown any ability in coaching and replacing him with Fletcher. A proper re-building would entail wisely spending the money from Benji's exit on proper players. Unfortunately this didn't happened - why? Is it because Wests Tigers are financially down the drain and the supporters aren't being told? Forget about the players we are stuck with for this year and ask Mayer what is the True situation with Wests Tigers finances. The club cannot justify battlers and their families paying what to them is big money from their budget to watch a shambles of a team.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:12 pm

Tigersman wrote:Guys i know we played sh*t and our defence especially was atrocious,but it's the first round wait until the round 6-7 and if we are still playing like this then I will join you guys.
Mate, this is what everybody said this time last year after we were trashed by Newcastle. If anything this defeat is worse. I know you are only 15 but one advice everyone will give you is that you learn from your mistakes.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:18 pm

The sides preparation was poor and it showed in its performance. Too many penalties, too many errors and the inability to build pressure really hurt the side today.

After getting in front, we invited them back into the game and once we got close on the scoreboard again, we came up with ordinary plays.

The loss of Fulton hurt. Hopefully he'll be alright next week.

Brooks struggled today and it won't be his last this season. Rugby League isn't an easy game and he has plenty of upside in his game.

A couple of player reviews. James Tedesco was awesome. Looks bigger and faster. Richards was good too. Taupau and Gavet showed they'll have a go each week. Paterson came up with a few errors so he'll want to be better next week. Luilia had a disappointing miss early on that led to a try.

Overall, we just have to be better then what we were today and I think we are. It's not a great start to the year it is only round one. There is plenty of time to turn it around.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:21 pm

Black Orange White wrote:There is no overreaction. This team has been terrible for 12 out of 13 years on defense (2010 is the exception) and it is terrible now. The worst attacking side in football scored 44 easily with no issues. I can only imagine that this terrible squad who are disgracing every single fan will concede 90 in a game. It's going to happen, because no one out there cares at all about winning and not embarrassing themselves. Every try teams score is easy. They require 0 creativity or 0 spark, no it's just simple bargeover or a couple of passes.

Yes I'm mad, but I'm just reacting to a 13 year sample size, not a 1 game one. This team is going nowhere right now and I see nowhere but down to 16th.
Mad is right.

After reading some of the statements on this forum at half time, I thought that the world had come to an end.

I was not going to watch the second half but decided to do so. I am glad I did. There were a number of players who should not be there next week, but there were a number of players who played well.

It is easier to name the forwards who earned their pay today than those who did not. Martin "Kapow" was great. Scored one try and dammed near scored another. Gavat was another who was great. I can't believe some of the comments about him on this forum. I can only deduce that the rubbishers know nothing about football and should have kept their statements until they had calmed down. Martin should have been given more game time instead of Woods.

Thompson, Leloa? Anasta, Woods, Patterson and on form, Farah, should not be in the team next week.

The ref's were hopeless. They allowed play to go on whilst two WT players were on the ground injured and Saints got 6. They allowed play to go on from a forward pass from the Saints and they got another 6.

The penalty count was a least 2 or 3 to 1. On a hot day, first game of the season and some of you wonder why some tackles were missed.

Watch the game again in a few days time. The defence was not that bad. It was just some of the players mentioned above let us and themselves down.

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:21 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tigersman wrote:Guys i know we played sh*t and our defence especially was atrocious,but it's the first round wait until the round 6-7 and if we are still playing like this then I will join you guys.
Mate, this is what everybody said this time last year after we were trashed by Newcastle. If anything this defeat is worse. I know you are only 15 but one advice everyone will give you is that you learn from your mistakes.
Lets see what happens Round 6 On wards,if we are still playing sh*t then I will gladly join the gang.
Tigersman since 2013!

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:31 pm

well, negative, heat of the moment, whatever. the fact is the tigers have some serious work to do if today is any indication.
i tipped the tigers to come 7th this season, and while not throwing in the towel after one game, right now they are a mile off.

still. early days! there were some positive signs: richards showed his value, ummm... there weren't more players injured!! thats positive!

they can obviously improve on today, so heres hoping it starts soon!

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:58 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tigersman wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Tigersman wrote:This forum needs an after the game thread.
90% of you will be calling us spooners but last week you guys where saying we where a chance of making the 8 what happened what? 1 game with out 5 of our best players (Nofo,Sirro,Simona,Galloway,Halatau) and we bring out the pitch forks? :crazy
Man your a goose , fair dinkum . Overreaction go with Underdog and get yourself seen aswell
How many people have you insulted today??? When some one doesn't agree with you you insult them.....
Just a word of advice , when you get older don't ever go to a pub and have a drink if you got your feelings hurt over Goose.
So what do you want people to say after that performance ? we played probably the worst team in the comp.
Look if Goose made you upset ? I apologise .
Yes it did :bawling
Tigersman since 2013!

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:34 pm

The more things change the more they stay the same

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:38 pm

Tigersman wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Tigersman wrote:This forum needs an after the game thread.
90% of you will be calling us spooners but last week you guys where saying we where a chance of making the 8 what happened what? 1 game with out 5 of our best players (Nofo,Sirro,Simona,Galloway,Halatau) and we bring out the pitch forks? :crazy
Man your a goose , fair dinkum . Overreaction go with Underdog and get yourself seen aswell
How many people have you insulted today??? When some one doesn't agree with you you insult them.....
To be fair I gave it to him as well.
Healthy banter in my opinion.

Lets all move on - remember lads, we do share a common love here - :sign:

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:56 pm

get lulia out. let 2 tries in from missed tackles didnt even attempt to tackle them. paterson didnt do much. Also that is the worst kicking performance i have EVER seen. it was atrocious !!! backwards kicks, kicks to person on the full in goal with players having no chance of getting there, kicks straight down the throat of the fullback and wingers. For me there were really only four players who played well Tedesco, Taupua, Gavet and richards. Farah didnt have much impact but we all know what we can do. Brooks wasn't that great but it was his 2nd game for goodness sake.