we are so bad, we make park footballers look good

pacman
Member
Member
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

we are so bad, we make park footballers look good

Unread post by pacman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:52 pm

Gareth Widdop - average at the storm and for england for many years, an okay footballer at best.
we allowed him a stroll in the park FOUR try assists and FOUR line break assists, was just left to roam around, break tackles all game, if this isn't signs of failure, i dont know what is!


User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Unread post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:53 pm

pacman wrote:Gareth Widdop - average at the storm and for england for many years, an okay footballer at best.
we allowed him a stroll in the park FOUR try assists and FOUR line break assists, was just left to roam around, break tackles all game, if this isn't signs of failure, i dont know what is!
How many threads are you going to make?
Tigersman since 2013!

pacman
Member
Member
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

Unread post by pacman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:54 pm

Tigersman wrote:
pacman wrote:Gareth Widdop - average at the storm and for england for many years, an okay footballer at best.
we allowed him a stroll in the park FOUR try assists and FOUR line break assists, was just left to roam around, break tackles all game, if this isn't signs of failure, i dont know what is!
How many threads are you going to make?
I have made two threads in the last week? What is it to you?

X-Pac
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:25 pm

Unread post by X-Pac » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:24 pm

Widdop isnt avg he just had a lot of star power at the storm so he couldnt lead a team
now hes got a chance u will see what he will do

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Unread post by Tigersman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm

pacman wrote:
Tigersman wrote:
pacman wrote:Gareth Widdop - average at the storm and for england for many years, an okay footballer at best.
we allowed him a stroll in the park FOUR try assists and FOUR line break assists, was just left to roam around, break tackles all game, if this isn't signs of failure, i dont know what is!
How many threads are you going to make?
I have made two threads in the last week? What is it to you?
I keep seeing players names pop up as threads lol...
Tigersman since 2013!


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:20 pm

X-Pac wrote:Widdop isnt avg he just had a lot of star power at the storm so he couldnt lead a team
now hes got a chance u will see what he will do
Agreed, Widdop can play and he showed that in the world cup I thought. Probably better figures than he anticipated but he is no slouch.

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Unread post by laufoofan » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:26 pm

I won't be watching park footballers playing in the NRL like the way the West Tigers played today.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:31 pm

Sheesh he'd have been a good buy for us... Would have given up Lulia and Paterson for a shot at him...

Meevinman
Member
Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat 25 Sep, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: Central Coast

Unread post by Meevinman » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:39 pm

Going away from Widdop and focusing on how bad we were, I literally face palmed when Tedesco destroyed one of our most important players and caused him to end up on a stretcher, who knows, we might of won if Fulton stayed on the field.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 10:51 pm

Meevinman wrote:Going away from Widdop and focusing on how bad we were, I literally face palmed when Tedesco destroyed one of our most important players and caused him to end up on a stretcher, who knows, we might of won if Fulton stayed on the field.
You're deadset kidding me aren't you? Fulton is an average NRL first grader.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Meevinman wrote:Going away from Widdop and focusing on how bad we were, I literally face palmed when Tedesco destroyed one of our most important players and caused him to end up on a stretcher, who knows, we might of won if Fulton stayed on the field.
You're deadset kidding me aren't you? Fulton is an average NRL first grader.
Fulton is one of the best backrowers in the comp, like ink stated in another thread, "New bloke, sight unseen...wild hair neck tatts equates to mongrel and a hard arse....people judge a lot on appearance" just because Fulton is small doesnt make him average.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:03 pm

Fults is a safe defender and a tireless worker, but has no penetration with the ball, has no sting to his defence and is really only filling a spot until one of the kids decides to step up and have a shot at securing the position.

Milky, he is a loyal and hard working servant of this club, for which I am appreciative, but at this stage of his career would not make the starting 17 of too many other clubs. Certainly not at the pointy end for the comps best backrowers.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3068
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:09 pm

Fulton is a good toiler however he is no world beater. I like him being out there, but only because there are guys that are even worse in defence. He was responsible for the first try with a soft attempt at tackle. He probably stands out because we have so many shirt grabbers, however he lets in his fair share of tries don't worry about that.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:30 pm

Fulton was pivotal to our game plan because he trained to cover Brooks. Unsurprisingly they went after Brooks all day long and as soon as Fulton wasn't there to protect him it was a goldmine for them.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:41 pm

Milky wrote: Fulton is one of the best backrowers in the comp
:roll

You have to be joking, seriously...

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 6:29 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Milky wrote: Fulton is one of the best backrowers in the comp
:roll

You have to be joking, seriously...

No he is not joking. Fulton has been a top player for at least 15 years. He played prop for the Wests Jersey Flegg back in the day. He is still being picked in first grade. And so he should.

Majere77
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:23 pm

Unread post by Majere77 » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 6:59 pm

magpiecol wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Milky wrote: Fulton is one of the best backrowers in the comp
:roll

You have to be joking, seriously...

No he is not joking. Fulton has been a top player for at least 15 years. He played prop for the Wests Jersey Flegg back in the day. He is still being picked in first grade. And so he should.
Yeah he is joking. would not get a run in any other side in the competition.

Massive heart but massively overrated.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 2406
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 6:22 pm

Nevermind widdop.
Witt made us look second rate.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”