Anasta

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Anasta

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:30 pm

How come Potter was able to drop Benji to the bench yet he won't touch Anasta or Lawrence?


Guest

Unread post by Guest » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:33 pm

20tigers14 wrote:Lawrence wasn't 2 bad don't forget he's had some bad injuries last few yrs and there finally behind him in wks 2 come he'll b good and well be getting few key players back in nxt few wks don't write us off yet ok we were bad 2day but only game one

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
That's rubbish mate he doesn't look like a centre he has no pace no fend no footwork. Simona straight in for leluia for Chris not sure. We in for a tough year boys looked tired bordering weak James gavet is a back rower not prop sue had no time out there and should of started woods Farah lets just blame it on the boils Anasta we'll bring in Austin can't be losing anything there. Teddy great performance best on field

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Properossi
Member
Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:17 pm
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Properossi » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:42 pm

Always said his eyes are too close together…….

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:46 pm

He wasnt terrible, he just didnt do anything. He went missing when the young guys got a bit lost and needed guidance. That as I see it is his sole role in this team and today he failed miserably.

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 6:55 pm

Not good!!!


User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:03 pm

complete waste of a jumper.
He added nothing as a:
'senior player providing a calming, controlling influence' and
he added nothing as an:
'attacking weapon in the halves'

ie. whoever we put in will be an improvement.

Get rid of him.

Won;t happen until at least round 3 -5 though
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:12 pm

alexaki wrote:He didn't do much wrong today....it was lost in the forwards, not the halves or backs....
i must agree... I can blame 10 others today before i focus on Anasta

He got the gig at 5/8 because of his experience.. Admit he was rubbish at the best but there were people worse out there playing in Tigers jerseys today.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:16 pm

stryker wrote:He wasnt terrible, he just didnt do anything. He went missing when the young guys got a bit lost and needed guidance. That as I see it is his sole role in this team and today he failed miserably.
"he was'nt terrible"???

What has he got to do in your eyes to be terrible?

He was crap and has been for two years. Youth and speed. We have a lot of it now and we will get more after injuries. Stay calm.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:25 pm

magpiecol wrote:"he was'nt terrible"???

What has he got to do in your eyes to be terrible?

He was crap and has been for two years. Youth and speed. We have a lot of it now and we will get more after injuries. Stay calm.
He wasn't terrible but you make a good point. Why not play Moses there and see how he goes. Anasta is a waste of a player out there.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:26 pm

Ok Col, he wasnt our worst.
However I saw his selection as one to aid Brooks and if needed take the reigns if the young bloke became overwhelmed or was targetted. He failed to do either. So what I am saying is that technically I didnt think he was terrible, just useless, but for the role he was given today I would rate him a 1/10.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:36 pm

stryker wrote:Ok Col, he wasnt our worst.
However I saw his selection as one to aid Brooks and if needed take the reigns if the young bloke became overwhelmed or was targetted. He failed to do either. So what I am saying is that technically I didnt think he was terrible, just useless, but for the role he was given today I would rate him a 1/10.
I agree,and he should be playing reserves next week,he is not a rookie,he knows how things roll,he is past it by a long way.
Go hard or go home

Tuiaki Chicken Wings
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:16 pm

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:42 pm

851 wrote:
stryker wrote:Ok Col, he wasnt our worst.
However I saw his selection as one to aid Brooks and if needed take the reigns if the young bloke became overwhelmed or was targetted. He failed to do either. So what I am saying is that technically I didnt think he was terrible, just useless, but for the role he was given today I would rate him a 1/10.
I agree,and he should be playing reserves next week,he is not a rookie,he knows how things roll,he is past it by a long way.
100% correct. His kicks were terrible, his passing was non-existent and he failed to do anything at all. Austin had his dress rehearsal in NSW cup and performed tremendously, I can't see how big nose Anasta will keep him out for much longer.

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:46 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
851 wrote:
stryker wrote:Ok Col, he wasnt our worst.
However I saw his selection as one to aid Brooks and if needed take the reigns if the young bloke became overwhelmed or was targetted. He failed to do either. So what I am saying is that technically I didnt think he was terrible, just useless, but for the role he was given today I would rate him a 1/10.
I agree,and he should be playing reserves next week,he is not a rookie,he knows how things roll,he is past it by a long way.
100% correct. His kicks were terrible, his passing was non-existent and he failed to do anything at all. Austin had his dress rehearsal in NSW cup and performed tremendously, I can't see how big nose Anasta will keep him out for much longer.
Yet Potter will collar Brooks and Anasta will play next week and most likely still in halves

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:51 pm

stryker wrote:He wasnt terrible, he just didnt do anything. He went missing when the young guys got a bit lost and needed guidance. That as I see it is his sole role in this team and today he failed miserably.
I wonder if it was Brooks who Anasta asked for guidance. One thing about Potter is that except for one exception (Marshall last year) he lacks the courage to drop his high profile player. Is he frightened of a clique against him after what happened to Sheens?

20tigers14
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:24 am

Unread post by 20tigers14 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
20tigers14 wrote:Lawrence wasn't 2 bad don't forget he's had some bad injuries last few yrs and there finally behind him in wks 2 come he'll b good and well be getting few key players back in nxt few wks don't write us off yet ok we were bad 2day but only game one

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
That's rubbish mate he doesn't look like a centre he has no pace no fend no footwork. Simona straight in for leluia for Chris not sure. We in for a tough year boys looked tired bordering weak James gavet is a back rower not prop sue had no time out there and should of started woods Farah lets just blame it on the boils Anasta we'll bring in Austin can't be losing anything there. Teddy great performance best on field

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
How bout this it's only rd one let's stop hating on our players

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Unread post by laufoofan » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 8:30 pm

We looked like a bunch of amateurs out there today.At least Tedesco gave it a go. Gavet did it in glimpses. Brooks seemed lost. The forwards had nothing to brag about. Koro must still be on holidays.Lawrence still way out of form. It is a sad day for the West Tigers. You cannot blame Anasta alone, the rest are just as bad.Farah is only a shadow of himself and must ranked as the worst hooker in the NRL after this round. The boys look tired and lost out there.We must have miss players with a bit of agro, like Nathan Brown. There are too many pussy cats in the team and th players looked slow. Is there any hope for the West Tigers fans?
Maybe Potter is not cut out for the NRL!!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 9:28 pm

Maybe if the forwards go forward consistently - the halves can run to the line with options, have more time for kicks and generally can mount a better attack and build pressure - e.g. Reynolds at Souffs.
The Saints forwards got on top of us (not all the time but most of the time) and so we lost badly.

You can't blame the halves - it is the forwards who need the wake up call.

The Anasta haters are out in force. Most of last year he was out of position to fill gaps because of injury or injured himself. So after one game in 2014 where the forwards went backwards blame Anasta.
Put the blame where it belongs please!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”