Referee's

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Referee's

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:29 pm

I'm not making any excuses for our team's lack of fight and poor execution, but these blokes were having a deadset laugh today, they were appalling along with the video ref. Blatant forward pass before Rein's try, the double obstruction in the lead up to Witt's try (Bozo on 2GB was unsure as to the legality and interpretation as he thought it was a no try), and the three or four offside players when Rein kicked for Brooks to knock on before they scored through Beale. Oh, and I had the impression the play the ball would be quicker this year than others something like the Roosters v Rabbits game, but its fair to say they had no intention of that today.

It's quiet disturbing that every year the ref's seem to lose ground and get worse every year. It's going to cost teams again this year!

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:30 pm

LOL

Zaibatsu

Unread post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:32 pm

I like your username sir, but there's no point even mentioning the word referee... We were ordinary, beyond ordinary.

Our attack seems like its not too bad and a couple of blokes can hold their heads up (Teddy, Richards), but our defense as a unit was abysmal... We could have gotten 20 more penalties and still got pumped.

Majere77

Unread post by Majere77 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:35 pm

Give it up mate, they awarded us two try's we never scored.

Cant blame the Ref's today.

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:45 pm

Majere77 wrote:Give it up mate, they awarded us two try's we never scored.

Cant blame the Ref's today.
The tapau one was pretty funny tho, he "saw" tapau ground it but still went to the video reff...

sunshine coast tiger

Unread post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 10:50 pm

At the game it seemed that Saints held us down a lot longer in the tackle and got away with it. My angle may have been poor but some of the forward pass calls against us seemed a bit harsh.

When Fulton and Tedesco were down a tackle was made and play should have been stopped for treatment. They play the ball and score.

Morris was falling and the ref didn't call it in the run, should not have been a penalty.

What was amazing was at half time with the Saints leading 8-3 in the penalty count their captain was having a massive chat to the refs. Robbie should have been there and giving it to the inept men in pink.

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:29 pm

I was just disappointed with the penalty count, both teams. They were very quick to the whistle, both teams made massive yardage on piggyback penalties and scored on most of these possessions. I lost count of how many closely consecutive penalties we gave away in the middle 40 mins.

monkey

Unread post by monkey » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 8:07 am

I think all the refs should get a kick up the backside in all games leave the whistle in your pocket and let the game flow .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 8:50 am

We got a few favorable calls that never comes our way. Especially when Shane Hayne is the referee.
We were beneficiary of sus calls but we shot our own selves in the foot by not taking advantage of it.

Karma one would say ?

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 9:09 am

i thought all video reffing was fine today. obstruction did NOT impede play, he went about 30m right and scored. No where near the obstruction.

the two tries to us were fair, i reckon they got it down. And even if they didnt, how could anyone as a video ref make a decision otherwise? No evidence to overturn = on field decision.

the reffing on field wasn't great though, but ive seen a lot worse. we've got more to focus on internally than worry about reffing atm
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”