Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

Tiger In The Gong

Re: Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:09 pm

Fair enough, give them one more chance.

Im angry too, everyone is but its no reason to carry on and lose your head like a lot of what has been posted already.

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:23 pm

Considering Galloway and Nofo will most likely come into the side and I think Fults will be lucky to play that will be 3 changes anyway.

How many changes do people want?

Also aside from maybe Austin for Anasta this is pretty much the best we have available.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:43 pm

BMM injured? Not named in state cup side either

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:I dont see this as a positive reaction by Potter, but thats just me.
A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance

Yes i get it, i just dont agree with it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Post by Guest » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:45 pm

20tigers14 wrote:The only thing anasta has is his defence I guess that's what's keeping him in

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 7:45 pm

tig_prmz wrote:BMM injured? Not named in state cup side either

He's named in the backrow
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:13 pm

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:I dont see this as a positive reaction by Potter, but thats just me.
A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance

I'll be with you this time next week

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance

I'll be with you this time next week

I didnt expect Braith to be dropped but i was hoping for some positive change in the backrow. I saw BMM as a must in the 17, even starting. Or maybe Sue to start. Someone with more punch than Thompson.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:18 pm

In my work if you do a dud first job, you get to have another go at it. Most people are horrified they stuffed up and the good ones try much harder - with some guidance. The others don't get another chance soon. I am sure that many of the team will put in a lot harder this week, I hope it'll be enough.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:58 pm

Just hope the boys turn up to play this week. Sure would prefer to see a competitive game than a repeat of the last 20 minutes last week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:01 pm

Nofo named so that could cause something of a late reshuffle.

Expect changes...as someone used to always say

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:29 pm

I just look at Raheem Sterling who was playing like a busted for liverpool for 2 months or more and now he's a deadset world beater. If I was coach I would have dropped him after 3 games, but the coaches see the players every day at training and make decisions based on that and players available. Nobody seriously expected us to win the comp not in round one anyhow.

Tigers for 2022!

tiger tragic

Post by tiger tragic » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:38 pm

supercoach wrote:Gold coast by plenty, it will be a repeat of last week except the margin may be greater. IMO the coast are a pretty good side with tons of speed and mobility and they should be able to burn our mob up pretty easy. We need Austen in the six role
I watched them play cronulla last night and I thought they were very poor. They had plenty of ball and could only score 2 tries from an intercept and a lucky kick I thought their halves had nothing. It was a very boring game I don't think there a single break all night.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:40 pm

would be good to see the sauce play together with Nofo

My biggest disappointment is not seeing BMM in there, he brings in a lot of energy.
Does a lot of ball running off the halves..

Ah well, im sure he will eventually be in together with Austin

All i want is us winning unlike some so called fans saying Titans by a lot
like seriously :wtf

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:47 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:I just look at Raheem Sterling who was playing like a busted for liverpool for 2 months or more and now he's a deadset world beater. If I was coach I would have dropped him after 3 games, but the coaches see the players every day at training and make decisions based on that and players available. Nobody seriously expected us to win the comp not in round one anyhow.

Potter is the same coach who kept selecting the second rower (Spence) who shifted to Parramatta this year. Santi who also went to Parramatta this year wasn't ever selected for first grade but most agree he was the better second rower. We could certainly use him now.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't know why some people want wholesale changes after one week...

The attitude needs to change, not the individuals.

Potz had to go with the same squad for this week and probably for next week as well regardless of the result with the only changes being players returning from injury, but if the performance hasn't improved by round 4 or 5 then some heads might roll.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:28 pm

People can say it's only Round 2, and they deserve a second chance. True I will give them another chance. However i just hope the players don't see it this way. They clearly did under Sheens and it set in a culture of mediocrity amoung senior players.

Its not bout losing its the way you lose, and sometimes guys need to be said no second chances, conceed 40+ to Saints and there are consequences. I don't see any urgency from WT's and I wonder why sometimes?? Blokes are not playing for their postions they are is cruise mode (Lawrence, Anasta, Blair, Thompson etc)

They had a disrupted prep last week but it was still unacceptable. Sometimes I think their needs to be consequences for unacceptable things in any walk of life. I would have preferred Austin in the Braith and Blair out of the starting side, but thats just me.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:21 pm

reading all these comments, im so glad potter is in charge and not this forum.

dropping half the squad after one game is the same as having half our squad injured (like last year) and losing all cohesion as players come in and out week after week.

consistency in the squad WINS GAMES.

so what happens if austin has a horrible game next week? drop him too and bring up moses? oh he gets injured, well it's time for fults to slot in at 6 again.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."