Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

innsaneink

Re: Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 9:00 pm

Last two posts shed more light on the topic..good posts....its not as easy as just dropping players, theres more to it.
Finaly some sense

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 9:22 pm

willow wrote:There are salary cap issues you need to consider when giving new blokes a go all the time. We have a top 25 for a reason.
Wow, some common sense comes to the topic. Without going looking through our lists, a little math shows six regular first grade players not available for the opening round plus the squad that played we basically have the use of twenty three for round one of a twenty six round season.

My memory is not quite what it once was, but last years second tier problems should be easy to recall for any supporter that posts here. I too hope to see Austin and others come into the side and carve it up and hope that they can do so in the near future.

However there is good reason that other NRL squads are older than ours, you also need experience and I will defer to the coach's choice for now as it is his head that will be on the chopping block if it does not work and/or no change is made.

For those with an axe to grind, enjoy the grindstone time if you wish, but really it is way too early to have the axe out of its jacket in early March.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 9:46 pm

I am trying to get to the airport to see the team land and fingers crossed get an autograph or two for the young fella

Will keep an eye out for Simona .....

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 6:31 pm

willow wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
innsaneink wrote:So what do you do in Rd 2 if your changes dont work?
Change again for round three?
Or try and make it work?
What if round threes changes dont work?

You cant keep changing hoping something will work, we only have so many players

Weve had ONE game....theres 25 or watever to go..
I would rather give a young bloke an opportunity and see whether he is up to it-if not, that is fine, young players take time to settle in as we know. But to keep persisting with seasoned veterans that are very clearly not up to 1st grade anymore is braindead. If the whole of 2013 isn't enough of a 'wake up call' for supporters then they better be happy to cheer for players that have no hunger and no talent left to offer our
There are salary cap issues you need to consider when giving new blokes a go all the time. We have a top 25 for a reason.
It's not as if we are gonna pull a young bloke up from S.G Ball. Austin is in the top 25, he HAS to replace Anasta ASAP, Braith is a liability in the way that he contributes absolutely no qualities that a 5/8th should. Might as well get him to stiff-arm the oppositions' best player, take him out of the game and get sent off himself-we would be better off without him on the field at all TBH. It is earlty to be hitting the panic button after round 1 but if we don't at least try to change something that will improve our pathetic performances of the last 25 games we have played since the start of last year then we will be the laughing stock of the NRL....if we aren't already.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 8:26 am

Apparently Nofoaluma is in for Koroibete.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:28 am

willow wrote:Apparently Nofoaluma is in for Koroibete.
Thank God for that ,Koroibete defence seems like it got worse during the off season

When a player ends up in the in goal area not laying a hand on anyone when the opposition scores someone has to take a serious look at what our defensive coach is teaching our outside backs to do when they are defending close to the line :brick:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:32 am

Never have I think Ive seen a player two polar opposites in their abilities in the two facets of the game of rugby league, when in possession and when defending.

He still has work in support play, when he has the ball hes terrific
When they have the ball....its like hes never played before

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:35 am

innsaneink wrote:Never have I think Ive seen a player two polar opposites in their abilities in the two facets of the game of rugby league, when in possession and when defending.

The only one that comes readily to mind is Ewan McGrady Ink

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Never have I think Ive seen a player two polar opposites in their abilities in the two facets of the game of rugby league, when in possession and when defending.

The only one that comes readily to mind is Ewan McGrady Ink
Makes me think of Jackson/Lipina Kaufusi / Makasini Richter.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:46 am

Marika is better than Kaufusi. I still think jos defence will improve as the teams defence does a whole. If the inside men do their job properly the wingers shouldnt be exposed as much as they have been.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:23 pm

Head Coach Mick Potter has made two late changes to the squad that will travel to the Gold Coast to take on the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium this Sunday.

Liam Fulton has not fully recovered from a serious concussion he suffered in last week's loss to the St. George Illawarra Dragons and will be replaced in the team by Keith Galloway.

Marika Koroibete has also been replaced in the team by David Nofoaluma.

Tim Simona will make his long-awaited return from injury this afternoon when he starts in the Wests Tigers' NSW Cup squad that is taking on the Cronulla Sharks.

Five-eighth Blake Austin will travel with the NRL squad to the Gold Coast as 18th man.

The Wests Tigers' will confirm their final 1-17 at 2pm on Sunday.

edit - posted content twice
Last edited by softlaw on Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:32 pm

Simona replacing Lulia?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:45 pm

simona is playing nsw cup

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:59 pm

Pretty good substitutions. Nofoaluma isn't going to be as lost in D as Koro and Galloway is a more damaging runner of the ball than Fulton with similar experience and defense. We're stronger now than we were last week.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Apparently Nofoaluma is in for Koroibete.
Thank God for that ,Koroibete defence seems like it got worse during the off season

When a player ends up in the in goal area not laying a hand on anyone when the opposition scores someone has to take a serious look at what our defensive coach is teaching our outside backs to do when they are defending close to the line :brick:
it seems like he was told not to come in on the 2nd man in, which he did. But when it's so close to the line and the centre can't make the tackle twice we end up with 12 points against us
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:08 pm

Simona is one of those players that plays to the level he's at. In NSW cup he doesn't usually stand out loads and makes lots of errors but he steps right up in NRL. I hope he just comes out and destroys in NSW Cup today.

I also hope Austin gets a game up here because taking him away from the NSW Cup side just to ride the pine would be lame.
Last edited by MacDougall on Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:08 pm

MacDougall wrote:Simona is one of those players that plays to the level he's at. In NSW cup he doesn't usually stand out loads and makes lots of errors but he steps right up in NRL. I hope he just comes out and destroys in NSW Cup today.

I also hope Austin gets a game up here because taking him away from the NSW Cup side just to ride the pine would be lame.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 1:14 pm

Weird dbl post.