Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

Sataris

Re: Official Wests Tigers Round 2 Team

Post by Sataris » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:08 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:I dont see this as a positive reaction by Potter, but thats just me.
A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance
More like a 20th or so chance for some of our blokes who arent up to NRL standard. Potter looks like a bloke on Death Row who knows what's coming and has given up. Blind loyalty is an admirable quality i guess, but also a stupid one. We will get our arses handed to us this weekend yet again.
Its round 20 is it?

Heres me thinking its round 2
It's Round 2 2014,

Some of these guys have been going busted for a lot longer than 1 round.

It's not like there's a magical switch that gets reset at 12:01am January 1st that puts them all on an even keel (at least for me).
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Tigerboz

Post by Tigerboz » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 3:11 am

I'd like to see Blair dropped. Dropped from 1st grade, dropped from our payroll and dropped from my memories of his career at the Tigers. Has no impact, no heart and no aggression. Take a look at NRLstats.com and compare him to other locks. I know it is round one but he has been pathetic for two years. 4 hit ups?!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 5:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:I dont see this as a positive reaction by Potter, but thats just me.
A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance
More like a 20th or so chance for some of our blokes who arent up to NRL standard.
Its round 20 is it?

Think before you post next time or else you just end up looking like a goose. Pretty sure Anasta, Thompson, Blair etc played for us in 2013, it isn't just 1 game that they have shown themselves to be basically useless.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 7:42 am

Its a new season
2013 is long gone
We have new coaches, new players, new structures (apparently)

Spoken like someone who's clearly never played

But thanks for the info:
Pretty sure Anasta, Thompson, Blair etc played for us in 2013
......very handy, I'll keep that in mind.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 8:28 am

You make me laugh. You say we have 'new players,new coaches', but it is the same head coach picking the same under-performing players, there ain't nothing new in either of those. You were always giving Sheens a bollocking for the exact same thing, whats happened?..changed your tune? As for never having played the game, yes i have, props to you for ASSUMING otherwise, but as we all know you are the forum expert on RL and everything else in life it seems. Just because you coached your kids Under 7's team or whatever it was, it doesn't make you a footy guru i hate to inform ya.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 8:57 am

Guys,

I think you will find that there are one of two things happening.

1 - A chance at redemption after a "Wake Up" call that was round one

or

2 - Simply a re submission of last weeks list for compliance reasons pending wholesale changes later in the week.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:00 am

innsaneink wrote:Its a new season
2013 is long gone
We have new coaches, new players, new structures (apparently)

Spoken like someone who's clearly never played

But thanks for the info:
Pretty sure Anasta, Thompson, Blair etc played for us in 2013
......very handy, I'll keep that in mind.
Rugby League is a pretty simple game. New player, structures and coaches doesn't cut it when you kick bombs out on the full under no pressure or make 4 runs for 35 metres. I bet those 2 blokes will be pedalling those new players, structures etc though.

The team deserves a chance at redemption in terms of defensive structure and game plan etc. I understand that. However some individuals have to take more responsibility/control for their performance.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:42 am

No amount of excuses can make Blair look better.

He's a lost case.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

everett

Post by everett » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 1:15 pm

I have had a great laugh at some of the forum member's comments.

I wonder if those people screwed up at work or school they receive the punishment they want to inflick on our players.

Wholesale changes would prove nothing.

Keep the same side pending the return of Galloway for Fulton (concussion) and Nofo for either Koro or Luila.

Let them show this week what they can do and then make changes next week if warranted.

I would like Potter to give each player their own goals being defence, more hit up (Blair) come lokking for work (Lawrence, Thompson), less control (Farah and Anasta).

Let Brooks have 6th tackle option responsibility.

I don't care if we win or lose but I want to see inprovement and 17 WT players busting their guts out and working hard for each other.

If we are beaten by a better team fair enough but if we beat ourselves then consequences for round 3.

BMM and Austin need to continue to put in strong performances for State Cup and then they can get a chance.

Let's get behind our team and support them 100% and stop all the bickering
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Mona Lolesi

Post by Mona Lolesi » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 3:43 pm

Did the Warriors drop half their side after their lacklustre performance against the Eels of all teams?
No....

We looked great after 15-20 and then lost our way executing the simple things.
At 18-12 we defended 3 sets on our line and just couldn't hold on.

Maybe the bench rotation could have been a bit smarter. Thompson doesn't have a huge work rate but he hits like a hammer.
Blair continues to defend around the ruck and be one of the only forwards that shows any urgency in defence and try to slow the play the ball down. I feel like he doesn't take too many hit ups because Woods gets 2 every set, not that he is ineffective but it becomes very predictable to defend.

There is no reason why we can't beat the Titans, they beat a depleted Sharks side with a lot of luck

Post by Guest » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 4:00 pm

Tigersman wrote:1. James Tedesco
2. Marika Koroibete
3. Keith Lulia
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Pat Richards
6. Braith Anasta
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Martin Taupau
11. Liam Fulton
12. Bodene Thompson
13. Adam Blair

Interchange
14. Cory Paterson
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. Sauaso Sue
17. James Gavet
18. Keith Galloway
19. David Nofoaluma

Potter has retained the same starting squad used against the club’s season-opener against St. George Illawarra Dragons last weekend, and spoke of his desire to see a strong improvement across the board from the Round 1 loss.

“We presented [the Dragons] with too many opportunities, and we gave away some silly penalties,” he said. “It was disappointing for us – we need to work on being better defensively and we need to work on being better with our last plays. Our finishes to our sets were poor… we need to get that right.”

Experienced playmaker Braith Anasta will feature alongside young halfback Luke Brooks once more, with Potter throwing his support behind the duo after a poor showing in parts in last weekend’s match.

“They know that they didn’t kick the ball well; they know that, overall, they did some good things early and deteriorated from there,” he said. “Both of them need to left their game, and they want to.”

“They want to do better for the team and I know that they can.”

Potter has named an extended 19-man bench for the match, with Keith Galloway and David Nofoaluma named as 18th and 19th man.
http://bit.ly/1goz7ed check this link out

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 5:40 pm

I can't see where anybody on here has called for mass wholesale changes this week but Golly Gosh! if Anasta, Thompson etc are the best options we have then we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. It isn't like last week was the 1st week they have played like busted arses-it ie every single game they have played since rd 1 last season. But what the hell, let's continue to give them the chance to redeem themselves, we will be 0 from 10 and by then no-one will give a rat's about our season. When you see a weak link in a team you rectify it or perish, simple really.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 6:00 pm

our 1st graders are not under a lot of pressure , cause there isn't much there to replace them with .
You would think we would have that much room under our cap?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 6:13 pm

So what do you do in Rd 2 if your changes dont work?
Change again for round three?
Or try and make it work?
What if round threes changes dont work?

You cant keep changing hoping something will work, we only have so many players

Im not against changes...but jesus every time you change your back to square one

Weve had ONE game....theres 25 or watever to go..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 6:16 pm

Sataris wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
innsaneink wrote: A chance at redemption.
A 2nd chance
More like a 20th or so chance for some of our blokes who arent up to NRL standard. Potter looks like a bloke on Death Row who knows what's coming and has given up. Blind loyalty is an admirable quality i guess, but also a stupid one. We will get our arses handed to us this weekend yet again.
Its round 20 is it?

It's Round 2 2014,

Some of these guys have been going busted for a lot longer than 1 round.

It's not like there's a magical switch that gets reset at 12:01am January 1st that puts them all on an even keel (at least for me).
Thanx scoop

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 6:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:So what do you do in Rd 2 if your changes dont work?
Or try and make it work?

I would rather give a young bloke an opportunity and see whether he is up to it-if not, that is fine, young players take time to settle in as we know. But to keep persisting with seasoned veterans that are very clearly not up to 1st grade anymore is braindead. If the whole of 2013 isn't enough of a 'wake up call' for supporters then they better be happy to cheer for players that have no hunger and no talent left to offer our

willow

Post by willow » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 8:21 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
innsaneink wrote:So what do you do in Rd 2 if your changes dont work?
Or try and make it work?

I would rather give a young bloke an opportunity and see whether he is up to it-if not, that is fine, young players take time to settle in as we know. But to keep persisting with seasoned veterans that are very clearly not up to 1st grade anymore is braindead. If the whole of 2013 isn't enough of a 'wake up call' for supporters then they better be happy to cheer for players that have no hunger and no talent left to offer our
There are salary cap issues you need to consider when giving new blokes a go all the time. We have a top 25 for a reason.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Wed 12 Mar, 2014 8:53 pm

pHyR3 wrote:reading all these comments, im so glad potter is in charge and not this forum.

dropping half the squad after one game is the same as having half our squad injured (like last year) and losing all cohesion as players come in and out week after week.

consistency in the squad WINS GAMES.

so what happens if austin has a horrible game next week? drop him too and bring up moses? oh he gets injured, well it's time for fults to slot in at 6 again.

x2