Blake Austin
66%
Braith Anasta
34%

Total votes: 32

Tigersman

Anasta/Austin? Who do you think should be our 5/8 on sunday

Post by Tigersman » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 6:39 pm

I'd love to see your thoughts on this guys. I would choose Austin in a heartbeat but some people say that you can't just change a Halves combo after 1 game, and that Anasta has more experience to guide brooks during the game. Imo Anasta's guiding is just as bad as his commentating....And seeing Austin during the NSW cup finals he was in eeeeverything I didn't go more than 2 minutes without seeing him having a hand in something be it a try or a try assist or an offload or just a well timed kick. but I also noticed that he doesn't try to hard if he doesn't need to I think That is just what brooks needs not someone who constantly hogs the ball,Over rules him and Makes the calls for him.
Tigersman since 2013!

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 6:44 pm

According to the Big Marn

6. Austin
7. Brooks

11. Anasta

Will take the field this week, no problems from me but I just hope Austin can take advantage of this opportunity and once Fultons back there will be no where for Anasta.

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 6:49 pm

Milky wrote:According to the Big Marn

6. Austin
7. Brooks

11. Anasta

Will take the field this week, no problems from me but I just hope Austin can take advantage of this opportunity and once Fultons back there will be no where for Anasta.
I Bloody hope so.
Last edited by Tigersman on Fri 14 Mar, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigersman since 2013!

versa

Post by versa » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 7:07 pm

Tigersman wrote:I'd love to see your thoughts on this guys. I would choose Austin in a heartbeat but some people say that you can't just change a Halves combo after 1 game, and that Anasta has more experience to guide brooks during the game. Imo Anasta's guiding is just as bad as his commentating....And seeing Austin during the NSW cup finals he was in eeeeverything I didn't go more than 2 minutes without seeing him having a hand in something be it a try or a try assist or an offload or just a well timed kick. but I also noticed that he doesn't try to hard if he doesn't need to I think That is just what brooks needs not someone who constantly hogs the ball,Over rules him and Makes the calls for him.
I guess we will see if Austin is playing. By seeing if he plays NSW CUP tomorrow

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 7:21 pm

versa wrote:
Tigersman wrote:I'd love to see your thoughts on this guys. I would choose Austin in a heartbeat but some people say that you can't just change a Halves combo after 1 game, and that Anasta has more experience to guide brooks during the game. Imo Anasta's guiding is just as bad as his commentating....And seeing Austin during the NSW cup finals he was in eeeeverything I didn't go more than 2 minutes without seeing him having a hand in something be it a try or a try assist or an offload or just a well timed kick. but I also noticed that he doesn't try to hard if he doesn't need to I think That is just what brooks needs not someone who constantly hogs the ball,Over rules him and Makes the calls for him.
I guess we will see if Austin is playing. By seeing if he plays NSW CUP tomorrow

Anasta starting in the back row is not good if fults is playing. Was terrible last year. But would love to see Austin get his chance

2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 7:45 pm

Well if he is playing first grade the NSW Cup side will be dusted big time with a Madden/Waters halves combo.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:00 pm

Anasta by far... What he can provide Luke is paramount to ensuring he finds his way in and out of matches. He got completely out of sorts last week, and soon found himself going backwards at a rate of knots. This will continue throughout the year, where Luke will have good games, and he will have games where he has no idea.

If we play Austin, Brooks needs to stand up and deliver every game and ensure he doesn't let Blake takeover. This isn't such a problem when your playing behind a dominant forward pack, but its pretty obvious we rarely dominate opposition packs for periods greater than 25-30min, never lone week to week. Once Luke can control a game of footy week to week at NRL Level, only then should Potter play Austin and allow him to do his 'kid in a candy shop' routine.

If you want to see Luke Brooks develop as a first grade player, you need to understand what Anasta provides him.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:02 pm

MacDougall wrote:Well if he is playing first grade the NSW Cup side will be dusted big time with a Madden/Waters halves combo.
Moses will probably play NSW Cup as will Simona

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:08 pm

I dont usually disagree with u Watto but i do on this. I just dont think Anasta provides what your talking about.

I feel having a young 5/8 will actually be of benefit to Luke. He's currently surrounded by experience and some young players go quiet a lot easier and a lot more often in that situation. But when your partnered with another youngster they both take on more and play more freely.

This isnt the best example, but remember Andrew McFadden and Mark Mclinden at Canberra? Whenever one of them had Laurie Daley there they were crap, but when it was just the 2 Macs they carved it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:17 pm

I don't think Anasta did a great deal wrong on Sunday

Let's give them time to build a combo and see what happens

You can't expect miracles after one match

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:18 pm

I can see benefit in Luke having another young player next to him... Someone of equal peer like Mitchell would deliver the Mc's style of function. [obviously Mitchell is a few months/year away]

I'm just concerned Austin is to eratic, a bit of a loose cannon and far too dominant to fit the mould. It will work some weeks, but it will back-fire on many others and I'm more focused on ensuring Brooks has a good apprenticeship in 2014 so he can rip in next year.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

TJL

Post by TJL » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:39 pm

Anasta should have retired two years ago.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 8:46 pm

Has Anasta ever been dropped from Wests Tigers whenever he is available to play?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 9:03 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I can see benefit in Luke having another young player next to him... Someone of equal peer like Mitchell would deliver the Mc's style of function. [obviously Mitchell is a few months/year away]

I'm just concerned Austin is to eratic, a bit of a loose cannon and far too dominant to fit the mould. It will work some weeks, but it will back-fire on many others and I'm more focused on ensuring Brooks has a good apprenticeship in 2014 so he can rip in next year.
So you are willing to write this season off for the sake of Brooks hopefully being on fire in 2015? Because if Braith is 1 of our 2 go-to players this season we may as well forget achieving anything positive this season and that is a dangerous precedent to set for the years to come I feel. No time like the present.
Braith isn't going to be there for Brooks next season anyhow......is he Mick??(looks nervously at Potter).

Post by Guest » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 9:38 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:I can see benefit in Luke having another young player next to him... Someone of equal peer like Mitchell would deliver the Mc's style of function. [obviously Mitchell is a few months/year away]

So you are willing to write this season off for the sake of Brooks hopefully being on fire in 2015? Because if Braith is 1 of our 2 go-to players this season we may as well forget achieving anything positive this season and that is a dangerous precedent to set for the years to come I feel. No time like the present.
Braith isn't going to be there for Brooks next season anyhow......is he Mick??(looks nervously at Potter).
honestly? I dont think our forwards can man-up in 2014 , and we are simply collecting our NRL Grant.

I'll still cross my fingers every game in hope though!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:28 pm

If Potter plays Anasta in the starting backrow for 1 minute this year he has totally lost me as a first grade coach.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:50 pm

Eddie wrote:If Potter plays Anasta in the starting backrow for 1 minute this year he has totally lost me as a first grade coach.
I was thinking the same thing Eddie.

I am genuinely hoping Potter can prove me wrong. But playing Anasta in the backrow at anytime this year let alone in Rd 2 after saying all summer he will play 6 will be a disgrace. If this happens, and the club is fair dinkum, Potter should not be coaching come Rd 3 IMO.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 11:59 pm

Settle down Anasta is playing 6 this weekend...