Anasta

alexaki

Anasta

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 8:28 am

If he plays like yesterday what's the problem ?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by 2041 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 8:50 am

alexaki wrote:If he plays like yesterday what's the problem ?

I've got all of last season plus round one telling me he won't, though. He's a past it, nothing player who disappears when the going gets tough then whines to the media.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 9:02 am

2041 wrote:

I've got all of last season plus round one telling me he won't, though. He's a past it, nothing player who disappears when the going gets tough then whines to the media.
wow he really can do no right. pretty much what he said in that article i guess

built up like luke brooks is now, but delivered far less. and now he's forever labelled as 'overated'
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 9:51 am

Zaibatsu wrote:Yep apart from the obvious touch kicking mishap Braith was good today.

He showed his experience and and a cool-head to set up Richards' 2nd try.
He was great yesterday... A lot are talking about Brooks leading the team yesterday, but it was Braith who did this for most of the match. [Brooks faded in and out a lot]

Braith is there for exactly the reason we saw yesterday... He will be a vital cog in the development of Brooks and as Luke gets his head right, then the likes of Austin or Moltzen will come in.

Well played Braith... Our Leader yesterday!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:00 am

I think you're right Watto. His play was at a level that we should expect from him every week and his leadership was great. Whether Austin would spark the team more is debatable. It's nice to have him there, either way.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:03 am

He played very well, Credit where Credit is due.

Post by 2041 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:24 am

pHyR3 wrote:
2041 wrote:

wow he really can do no right. pretty much what he said in that article i guess

built up like luke brooks is now, but delivered far less. and now he's forever labelled as 'overated'
No, he can do right: he played well yesterday and if he continues to play well I'll be very pleased and admit I was wrong. But just as I don't believe the response to last week's team performance was an overreaction because it was a repeat of so many of the bad things we've seen for two years, so I don't think one decent game gets Anasta off the hook.

He was garbage last year, garbage the year before that for the Roosters and garbage in round one this season. I couldn't be happier that he was good yesterday, but forgive me if I reserve judgement on the "ren-Ast-ance" until I see a consistent run of performances. He could start by backing up next week against Souths, and I have to say my default expectation is "he'll disappear again just like he always does when things get tough".

Incidentally, I don't give a monkey's about the RLW "most overrated" stuff. Doesn't matter to me at all. What I'm going on is what I've seen on the park, which has mainly been dross. I don't want to see Anasta in the papers talking about how he's picked on, or how he's "silenced the doubters" until he puts in a run of good performances.

I also specifically judge him differently from Brooks and Farah. Brooks is 19, which the people on here saying "it was Anasta leading the team round not Brooks yesterday" should take into account. We know Brooks is on a learning curve. Where was Anasta to help out last week when the kid was getting pumped? Nowhere, that's where. Hiding.

With Farah, yes his form is not peak and maybe (note: maybe) his motivation isn't where it should be. But he's got 10 years of accumulated credit and it'll take more than a mediocre patch to erase that for mine. Anasta has never done anything for us so, yes, he has a lot more to prove. He's still in a big deficit position for me and to get to his retirement at the end of 2014 even as a break-even signing he needs to be good way more often than he's bad this season.