Post match press conference

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 8:22 pm

Cudos on Robbie for taking the blame with Anasta for last week.

Not saying Robbie is egoistic but potter seems to have tamed the senior players' ego this week.

It's amazing how one win can make you see so many positives. Now comes our real test- something tigers haven't done since 2000- consistency.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 8:37 pm

I really like Mick Potter. I really feel like we need to stick with him. It was always likely that we were going to take a couple of years at least to get back to competing regularly with the team at this age so just shuffling him out for some other chump is a bad call. Let him grow with these kids. Everyone raves about Trent Robinson and Michael McGuire but those guys had rosters bought for them. It's chalk and cheese. If Potter can raise a team of talented youngsters into a competitive unit, that'd be an achievement. I could have coached the Roosters to the comp last year.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 8:42 pm

He is not the best talker in front of a microphone but if he can get the best out of the players that is all that matters. The jury for me on him is still out.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 9:00 pm

Jeez! We basically have no prep for the Rabbits game...not great in my eyes!

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 9:27 pm

weststigers wrote:Jeez! We basically have no prep for the Rabbits game...not great in my eyes!
Mate I think it's a good thing to be honest. We generally show up in big games and the confidence from today will still be fresh. Some players may still be a bit sore, but I prefer us have a short turn around and be on the back of a win, than have 6-7 days when the excitement and enthusiasm can wear off.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 8:10 am

Monday:day off
Tuesday: light session
Wednesday: day off
Thursday: "Captain's" run
Friday: Play footy

Where is my contract please?

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:10 am

As they have had two games in the stifling heat, a night game should be a welcome change. You would think that there fitness levels will be right up there after those very trying conditions. Let's hope they control the ball and keep repeat sets for the bunnies to a minimum.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:17 am

TJL wrote:He is not the best talker in front of a microphone but if he can get the best out of the players that is all that matters. The jury for me on him is still out.
Yeh he comes across terribly in press conferences. However, if (a big if after one win) the team starts performing consistently I can look past his inability to articulate.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:27 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Monday:day off
Tuesday: light session
Wednesday: day off
Thursday: "Captain's" run
Friday: Play footy

Where is my contract please?
Gary while potter didn't mention what they were doing on Wednesday they will definitely be training that day...
Tuesday will be video plus a light session to get moving as a team again, Wednesday will be a full day training for them and Thursday just a short captains run..
It's standard considering times and venues for r1-2

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:13 am

southerntiger wrote:
TJL wrote:He is not the best talker in front of a microphone but if he can get the best out of the players that is all that matters. The jury for me on him is still out.
Yeh he comes across terribly in press conferences. However, if (a big if after one win) the team starts performing consistently I can look past his inability to articulate.
Wayne Bennet comes off terribly in front of a microphone.

As do some of the best coaches in the game.

Listen to what he is saying at these press conferences, it is everything we have wanted to hear and improve on for the last five years.