Forum Suppoter

Re: Martin Tapau

Unread post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:18 am

he was very good and unlucky to not have 2 tries, so far, a good buy

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:36 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:This is the type of player who would never be seen under Sheens. Powerful runner, hits the line at speed, aggressive, capable of a big hit in D. Exactly what we needed. Someone who is capable is striking fear into the opposition. The positive is that this type of player always seems to rub off on other players.
Gareth Ellis? He was a powderpuff, right?

I also think, rightly or wrongly, Sheens was hoping Blair would play this role.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:44 am

So far so good

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 9:10 am

southerntiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:This is the type of player who would never be seen under Sheens. Powerful runner, hits the line at speed, aggressive, capable of a big hit in D. Exactly what we needed. Someone who is capable is striking fear into the opposition. The positive is that this type of player always seems to rub off on other players.

Ellis the one example in 10 years of Sheens' coaching says it all.

fergiefurr

Unread post by fergiefurr » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 9:12 am

I always liked Taupau at the dogs, never understood why he didnt get more gametime. Was absolutely stoked when we signed him. He is a genuinely good first grade front rower

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 9:44 am

Met Taupau after the game and couldnt believe how relaxed and casual he was... The guy is so polite and displays a high sence of happiness in his life... Compared to Ash Harrison who limped out the back door, who looked to be a world of hurt. [Harry still gave out plenty of autographs still]

Could Taupau be a first Try-Scoring Prop Forward and keep his run going?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:06 am

Not as big a man as I thought he was... Happy to have him here.

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:28 am

jas83 wrote:Is it just me or does this guy have the potential to have the same impact in a game as Andrew Fifta. He seems to have the X factor for a prop that can break the line and also find his way to the try line. He looks like one of our best signings for many years.

He and James Gavet provide great go forward when Woods and Galloway are off the field.
x2

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:30 am

alex wrote:Our forward pack today was very well balanced. Woods, Keith and Ava are our solid worker props who will take hit up after hit up. Taupau, Gavet and Sue provide that extra fire. Would love to see them all be able to stay on the park. Staggering to think guys like Fulton, Buchanan and BMM are still to come back.
Buchanan??? Lol serious??????
How has he still got to come back? The closest he will get to game day will be row5 next to the tunnel!

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:31 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:I doubt he will ever rise to Fafita's class level but he is an excellent buy from Potter.

Taupau and Paterson are the two buys who can change our style of play in a very short time.
I fully agree

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:34 am

How is this thread an opportunity to give it to sheens! Move on mate!
We have had far worse coaches at the club than sheens how come they don't cop it?? They left this club in worse positions than sheens!
Get over it hybrid and just rap big Marty without sinking the boot into people who are not at the club anymore

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:35 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Ellis the one example in 10 years of Sheens' coaching says it all.

Did sheesny sleep with your mrs or something?? Get over him

reyre2000

Unread post by reyre2000 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:15 am

Spartan117 wrote:Not as big a man as I thought he was... Happy to have him here.

Thus far he seems to be a pretty good player and playing prop well. I did too notice his size that surprised me. I was watching the game with 2 mates who pointed out how small he was for a prop. After that i couldn't help but think the same. After he scored his try he was mobbed by the boys he looked smaller then all of them!!

Its all about the size of the heart and it looks like he has tonnes of that.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

JD.

Unread post by JD. » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:36 am

I like how fast he has become an important part of our go forward structure.

Patterson will take longer to find his feet in our team as his role is diffrent, but i Still would prefer too see Patterson at lock, Tapau in the Backrow and Put Blair back to prop. Get Tapau sitting right next to brooks and running them hard angles on the edge!!

There is just so much potential around the park if this team dosen't take a backwards step they will be a wave in this years finals.

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:39 am

ABC Grandstand interview with Martin -> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-16/i ... tion=sport

tigersrule4life

Unread post by tigersrule4life » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:23 pm

What a gun prop he is his smashing it hope to see more trys this year off him a very good signing.

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Unread post by turnstyle » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:54 pm

he was excellent and it was great to see his elation and the teams happiness after his try. it shows he is held in high esteem by his teammates and could become the sort of "soul of the tigers" player that would be fantastic for them.

early days yet, so wont be saying he is this or that just now but the signs are very positive for him indeed. keep it up kapow!

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:00 pm

He is a good player , but he doesn't have Fifita's fend or speed at this stage

He is still young and will develop a lot the more NRL he plays

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”