That kick

Tigersman

Re: That kick

Post by Tigersman » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:46 am

BrissieTiger67 wrote:How good is it to know that when we score tries we have a fairly certain extra 2 points regardless on where it has been scored?

And to have some one who can produce huge drop outs and those hangtime kicks to start us off, they all boost the team and lift us straight away its such a great asset.

I thought the touchie was giving him a bit of grief with the cm difference of the ball from the sideline a few times....
There probably not as strict on where to place the ball during a goal kick in the Super League so Patty is probably just getting used to it......(It's his 2nd game in the NRL in 8 years and he is absolutely killing it!)
Tigersman since 2013!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 8:14 am

It changes the focus of the set by the opposition. They only had one attacking tackle in our 20m before having to kick.

With regard to kicking in general, whilst I have probably only watched 5 NRL games this season, our kicking yesterday under the new rules is the best I have seen. Brooks in particular was excellent as I can't remember any of his kicks going over the dead ball line. Every kick was either coming down in the 10m area or pulling up in the in-goal. Kicking is so critical now with the (stupid) zero tackle rule from the 20m line.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 8:22 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:It changes the focus of the set by the opposition. They only had one attacking tackle in our 20m before having to kick.

With regard to kicking in general, whilst I have probably only watched 5 NRL games this season, our kicking yesterday under the new rules is the best I have seen. Brooks in particular was excellent as I can't remember any of his kicks going over the dead ball line. Every kick was either coming down in the 10m area or pulling up in the in-goal. Kicking is so critical now with the (stupid) zero tackle rule from the 20m line.
Yeah I don't think any of Brooks' kicks went over, maybe in the first half? can't remember though. In the first half though, we grubbered away initially rather than putting up a bomb as well, which was really good to see.

The kicking game, overall, was really good, certainly really good for us.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 2:32 pm

The almighty 72m drop-out for those who didn't get to see it:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... nd-2-2014/

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:27 pm

What a great win hopefully we play like this for every week.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:35 pm

I wonder if they have thought about having Pat kick the leather off the ball, even if its just for the inevitable sets where we get pinned in against our tryline.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:43 pm

Patty should be kicking for touch also

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 6:45 pm

Turned to the young fella and said " Watch , he'll kick this 55 metres "

Was so wrong

It is almost an attacking weapon

If he kicks one dead ever , is it a 22 tap or goal line drop out ??

When I read this thread , I was going to ask which of Anasta's crap kicks

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:00 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Patty should be kicking for touch also

exactly what i said to my dad today. he could take a kick for touch 20m out from the tigers own line and theyd get it back on their attacking 20!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:03 pm

Forgot to add , the breeze had been blowing slightly into the Tigers faces until a minute or two before that kick

You could tell because it dropped from 37 degrees to 36 degrees for one brief second

Post by Guest » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:30 pm

Tigersman wrote:
BrissieTiger67 wrote:How good is it to know that when we score tries we have a fairly certain extra 2 points regardless on where it has been scored?

And to have some one who can produce huge drop outs and those hangtime kicks to start us off, they all boost the team and lift us straight away its such a great asset.

I thought the touchie was giving him a bit of grief with the cm difference of the ball from the sideline a few times....
There probably not as strict on where to place the ball during a goal kick in the Super League so Patty is probably just getting used to it......(It's his 2nd game in the NRL in 8 years and he is absolutely killing it!)
The ref was giving him a hard time. After he did it the first time I took notice of where he got his second try and where he kicked from. Try=2m from sideline, pat puts tee 1m from sideline and then is told to move it to about 0.5m from try line!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 7:34 pm

Forgot to add , the breeze had been blowing slightly into the Tigers faces until a minute or two before that kick

You could tell because it dropped from 37 degrees to 36 degrees for one brief second