wow, we bashed them

The Phantom

Re: wow, we bashed them

Post by The Phantom » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:20 pm

Didn't,t Woods enjoy that tonight ! You can tell he is enjoying playing with a pack ,that has some aggression and mongrel in it.I don't think many teams are going to get on top of us this year

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:21 pm

we only have 2 on report? or 3?

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:25 pm

That was just really good to watch. Awesome enthusiasm and spirit.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm

What a great game! Great to be at anz

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:29 pm

Tigerdave wrote:we only have 2 on report? or 3?
3 at least. Simona, Gavet and Woods. Gavet should be the only one in trouble I'd think though. Not sure what woods even did??

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:29 pm

I want to comment specifically on Sue. He is a man amongst boys out there. Wow has he put some muscle on an already very good frame. He's in for a huge season I feel.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:32 pm

Do not understate the influence Potter had on that win!

There was an obvious game plan there to get in their face and bash them. We did not let them dominate the ruck and we did not let them steamroll us. We niggled them and put them off their game.

We scored tries from set plays. Sauce was held back for a long time before being injected back into the game and Ava was not used until mid way through the second half to maximise impact when their big guys tired.

The boys stood up and got in their face. Looking at Brooks get stuck into the Souths player on the ground after the challenge really made my hairs stand on end.

Hats off to you Mr Potter...it doesn't make a season but it is a great start!

Bones

Post by Bones » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:33 pm

willow wrote:The extra size and power our pack has this year really shone through tonight as Souths have one of the biggest packs in the comp, and we bent them over.

Really impressed with our bench, it really adds some impact and Taupau, Sue and Gavet were all great and Ava although only used sparingly bent the line when he hit it too.

Sue has transformed physically during the offseason, there's not one ounce of fat on him and he looks so powerful through the thighs, hips and chest now. There was one run where he powered over the top of Burgess late in the game which was brilliant to see.

Just hope we don't lose anyone to suspension from tonight.
I think Gavet is in trouble. Lucky not to be sent I thought.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:34 pm

Peaches wrote:I want to comment specifically on Sue. He is a man amongst boys out there. Wow has he put some muscle on an already very good frame. He's in for a huge season I feel.

+1!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:37 pm

Bones wrote:
willow wrote:The extra size and power our pack has this year really shone through tonight as Souths have one of the biggest packs in the comp, and we bent them over.

Really impressed with our bench, it really adds some impact and Taupau, Sue and Gavet were all great and Ava although only used sparingly bent the line when he hit it too.

Sue has transformed physically during the offseason, there's not one ounce of fat on him and he looks so powerful through the thighs, hips and chest now. There was one run where he powered over the top of Burgess late in the game which was brilliant to see.

Just hope we don't lose anyone to suspension from tonight.
I think Gavet is in trouble. Lucky not to be sent I thought.
Well, I hope Gavet isn't in too much hot water. He only used his knee on the arm of the Souths player to make him release his grip.

everett

Post by everett » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:38 pm

You have to say Taupau and Gravet have added so much aggression and spirit to the team.

Love having forwards bending the line and hitting in packs.

Souths were battered and bruised and should be easy pickings who ever plays them next week.

Last year Sue, Ava,Thompson gained valuable experience which will be a huge benefit tonight.

love 4 big forwards on the bench.

Loved watching Woods smile and giving it to Souths. Need more of that from Woods

Blair best game for us
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:40 pm

We finally played like the team that I hate, and that is manly. So good to see our boys stand up for each other.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm stunned, tbh. I really hope they can keep this up for the season because it's so refreshing to have a structured, intimidating team to follow again, after all the years of soft defence and ad lib plays that broke down more often than not. Woods was amazing, he was really in a different head-space tonight - playing and behaving like he was possessed by Blocker Roach and Dallas Donnelly rolled into one! I think he is so happy because he finally has some decent forwards around him to share the load. He has been trying to hold the pack up on his own for so long.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:47 pm

In 15 years of our existence, I have NEVER seen us bash another team like we did tonight. Still can't believe it. What a wonderful sight. :sign:

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:49 pm

The Phantom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Taupau, Ava, Gavet and Sue are the best bench in the game right now surely. Insane bench.
I have to agree ,they make a real impact when they come on.
Me too Taupau, Gavet and Sue are just great; and yes surely the best bench in the comp. Gavet and Taupau are just what the team has been missing.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:51 pm

brk53y wrote:We finally played like the team that I hate, and that is manly. So good to see our boys stand up for each other.

That's what stood out for me. I can't remember the last time our blokes came rushing in to protect their own!

On a side note, how's that nines form that had everyone predicting the end of the world looking now?

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm

That was a brilliant performance, I was a bit worried how we would pull up with the short turn-around after that 40 degree heat last week but the guys ripped in and were in Souffs' faces all night.

We got under their skin, forced stupid errors and penalties from them, it was great! :D

Well done Tigers, brilliant display.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:59 pm

Flippedy wrote:I'm stunned, tbh. I really hope they can keep this up for the season because it's so refreshing to have a structured, intimidating team to follow again, after all the years of soft defence and ad lib plays that broke down more often than not.
My feelings exactly! I think Potter proved a big point tonight, one that says "Now you see what I've been saying?!"

Sure the flashy plays of the past were exciting when they came off, but in the grand scheme the frustration experienced at things going wrong at pivotal times during games far outweighed these and are no match for this new style.

We now get great aggressive forwards as well as exciting backs and half and I don't miss the dazzle one bit.