Page 1 of 1

That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 9:57 am
by formerguest
Whilst I may be writing out of my arse, as I was not up the coast last week, so it may well have been the same at that match, there was a defining moment for me last night. It was not a great early tackle or another dominant hit-up by the big Sauce, nor the great early work from Blair. Not even Inglis going down, in fact, it wasn't even during the game.

Sitting near the twenty metre line and looking at the big bopper Bunnies warming up close by, here I was remembering us getting a quick start then trodden over, Reynolds extra time one pointer and losing the unloseable game to that Merritt shot after the siren at the cricket ground. Haunting memories, I must say.

So many thoughts going through the mind, we are a lot bigger now and Keefy is back, the days of our "organiser" running across field looking for runners long gone, playing straight now, good bench, etcetera. We should not get run over tonight, be reasonably competitive and keep within twelve or so of them, but not even thinking about a win. That line of thinking was about to change as our boys came out for their warm-up, only Robbie and the backs ventured onto the field, none of our big men.

It was at precisely that moment, we are going to win this, first entered my thoughts. Potter knew exactly who and what was needed to win this game, so he took those that were required to carry it out aside and addressed them as a unit. The others that would play off the back of it could just go and kick a few balls around.

Game time was fast approaching, but still no sign of them. Finally they emerged from the tunnel, some looking intense and others with a smile that exuded confidence, but they all had the swagger of a winner. They were focused and ready to do what they had been instructed and didn't they just!

Not behind the coach my arse, that was a real TEAM effort on display last night and am looking forward to many more.
:sign:

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:27 am
by softlaw
Very interesting post, great to hear.
Thanks for the info!

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:29 am
by innsaneink
I think they usually warm up in diff groups, backs forwards

Great to see the pigs show some attitude though....its been too rare for WTs fans. Hope it contiues

That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:41 am
by The Phantom
formerguest wrote:Whilst I may be writing out of my arse, as I was not up the coast last week, so it may well have been the same at that match, there was a defining moment for me last night. It was not a great early tackle or another dominant hit-up by the big Sauce, nor the great early work from Blair. Not even Inglis going down, in fact, it wasn't even during the game.

Sitting near the twenty metre line and looking at the big bopper Bunnies warming up close by, here I was remembering us getting a quick start then trodden over, Reynolds extra time one pointer and losing the unloseable game to that Merritt shot after the siren at the cricket ground. Haunting memories, I must say.

So many thoughts going through the mind, we are a lot bigger now and Keefy is back, the days of our "organiser" running across field looking for runners long gone, playing straight now, good bench, etcetera. We should not get run over tonight, be reasonably competitive and keep within twelve or so of them, but not even thinking about a win. That line of thinking was about to change as our boys came out for their warm-up, only Robbie and the backs ventured onto the field, none of our big men.

It was at precisely that moment, we are going to win this, first entered my thoughts. Potter knew exactly who and what was needed to win this game, so he took those that were required to carry it out aside and addressed them as a unit. The others that would play off the back of it could just go and kick a few balls around.

Game time was fast approaching, but still no sign of them. Finally they emerged from the tunnel, some looking intense and others with a smile that exuded confidence, but they all had the swagger of a winner. They were focused and ready to do what they had been instructed and didn't they just!

Not behind the coach my arse, that was a real TEAM effort on display last night and am looking forward to many more.
:sign:
What a good read . That win last night I believe will be the springboard of things to come . . It could be the making of a very successful season. Let's see how they back up next week. But yes I am EXCITED

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:53 am
by greatodensraven
I liked the way Robbie & Mick didn't get too excited in the press conference. Yeh they were happy we gave it to them, and Robbie in particular mentioned earning some respect. But they also emphasised that this was just a step in the right direction. We let in 2 soft tries in the end which was disappointing & we have to be consistent week in week out like the "better teams". They said similar things last week so hopefully this is all part of a culture change.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:12 am
by formerguest
innsaneink wrote:I think they usually warm up in diff groups, backs forwards

Great to see the pigs show some attitude though....its been too rare for WTs fans. Hope it contiues

Yeah Ink, they do split, but I thought last night was a bit different to the Dragons game. Being that he held the boppers back in the sheds and for a long time at that.

Attitude, wasn't it great. To me, whilst he was already a good player, Woodsy's balls might have finally dropped to their rightful position last night. He was aggressive and giving as good as he got. Also seemed to have a bit more speed and a spring in his step as a result.

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:19 am
by stevetiger
greatodensraven wrote:I liked the way Robbie & Mick didn't get too excited in the press conference.
They both spoke really well in the press conference. They complained about Souths, seemed really proud of their pack and didn't look like they were getting ahead of themselves.

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 5:29 pm
by yeti
formerguest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I think they usually warm up in diff groups, backs forwards

Great to see the pigs show some attitude though....its been too rare for WTs fans. Hope it contiues

Yeah Ink, they do split, but I thought last night was a bit different to the Dragons game. Being that he held the boppers back in the sheds and for a long time at that.

Attitude, wasn't it great. To me, whilst he was already a good player, Woodsy's balls might have finally dropped to their rightful position last night. He was aggressive and giving as good as he got. Also seemed to have a bit more speed and a spring in his step as a result.
Woods was loving every moment of it last night. Couldn't get the smile off his face every time there was a 'stink' on. He really manned up and showed that he's really ready for SOO if he's chosen. The forwards hunted as a pack, supported each other and never took a backward step. We must remember, however, that the Bunnies were without 3 first choice forwards in the 'other' Burgess, McQueen and Sutton playing out of position. I'm not convinced the result would have been any different had they played. It was so much fun watching that game. Loved it!

Re: That moment - we will win

Posted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 6:48 pm
by Flippedy
formerguest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I think they usually warm up in diff groups, backs forwards

Great to see the pigs show some attitude though....its been too rare for WTs fans. Hope it contiues

Yeah Ink, they do split, but I thought last night was a bit different to the Dragons game. Being that he held the boppers back in the sheds and for a long time at that.

Attitude, wasn't it great. To me, whilst he was already a good player, Woodsy's balls might have finally dropped to their rightful position last night. He was aggressive and giving as good as he got. Also seemed to have a bit more speed and a spring in his step as a result.
Not feeling the stress of having to hold the entire pack up on his own would've given woodsy a spring in his step I reckon. Thank God for some decent forwards!