Do we change a winning formula?

Eye Of Da Tiger

Re: Do we change a winning formula?

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:21 pm

Just as long as the attitude is like the last. 2 games you can make a few changes but only if necessary. I do think we will be the complete team with a long term 6.

Majere77

Unread post by Majere77 » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:33 pm

tw33k wrote:The Warriors have a big pack. If we bash them like we did Souths, I reckon we could force a lot of errors and come away with a big win
I worry about us getting cocky with this.

We got away with it once because no one was expecting it. Im not sure we can do it week in & week out.
We have put a pretty big target on our heads.
I'm not saying we shouldn't have done it, but it wont be so easy going forward.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:38 pm

That's true, we won't be underestimated again this season and every team for the next 23 rounds (and hopefully more) will lift in order to win unlike the souths who (i think) got a little complacent after their first try
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:22 am

Majere77 wrote:
tw33k wrote:The Warriors have a big pack. If we bash them like we did Souths, I reckon we could force a lot of errors and come away with a big win

We got away with it once because no one was expecting it. Im not sure we can do it week in & week out.
I think Potter is a bit smarter than some give him credit for. We've seen a couple of slightly different playing styles the last couple of weeks and I wouldn't mind betting he'll tweak the approach for the Warriors pack too.

Re the OP, I know we are winning and I am not whinging about that but there is always improvements to be made and I tend to agree that going 'OK' is not really good enough and Anasta falls into this bracket. I really like the look of Austin but I am happy to let the coach play that out.

Lulia however, is a different kettle of fish and for mine he looked a bit out of his depth in the Bunnies game. That is a change I think could be made without upsetting the apple cart too much.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:37 am

barra wrote:
Majere77 wrote:

I think Potter is a bit smarter than some give him credit for. We've seen a couple of slightly different playing styles the last couple of weeks and I wouldn't mind betting he'll tweak the approach for the Warriors pack too.

Re the OP, I know we are winning and I am not whinging about that but there is always improvements to be made and I tend to agree that going 'OK' is not really good enough and Anasta falls into this bracket. I really like the look of Austin but I am happy to let the coach play that out.

Lulia however, is a different kettle of fish and for mine he looked a bit out of his depth in the Bunnies game. That is a change I think could be made without upsetting the apple cart too much.
Rowdy is back this week Barra , so that might force a change

Will then come down to whether Simona passes the cognitive tests this week and is also able to play

Fraze23
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:26 pm

barra wrote:
Majere77 wrote:

I agree, I don't think bashing the Warriors is the way to beat them. I think we'll come out and try to play a fast paced game and run their forwards around the park, then look to open up a few gaps.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 1:23 pm

Yep no sence in banging a brickwall!

Mobile is the way to go against these boys... If there was a change to make, maybe Ava for Patto/Fine on the edges?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 2:11 pm

Wasn't there mention of Ava having an ankle injury? If he is carrying one I can understand the call for him to play against Souths for his size, but maybe best to rest him this week...

Old Maggie

Unread post by Old Maggie » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 2:15 pm

Liam Fulton, should be out for at least another week, for his own personal well being :pray:
would not be surprised if the NRL bring in a rule very soon, that if you get 2 head knock/concussion within a month of each other that you must have at least 3 to 4 weeks of not playing. :?:
yes I know there are rules to follow and may be given ok by medical staff, and can be over ruled by the CEO of the team you follow, but I think this may occur.

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”