Farah Struggling to be Fit for Tigers

wtigers

Farah Struggling to be Fit for Tigers

Unread post by wtigers » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 1:53 pm

by Darren Walton
Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter will give Robbie Farah until NRL game day to be ready to tackle the Warriors after the skipper sat out training on Wednesday with a calf strain.
Farah had his right calf protected in skins and spent much of the Tigers' 90-minute session at Concord Oval casting an eye over training with club legend Steve Roach.
High on confidence after their big upset win over South Sydney and chasing a third straight victory on Saturday, the Tigers are eager to ride the momentum and have Farah on deck in Wellington.
But veteran five-eighth Braith Anasta admits the captain is struggling.
Advertisement
"I'd like to think that he'd play, but he's not fully fit," Anasta said.
"We'll give him til kick-off, really."
While the unfancied Tigers are chasing a hat-trick of wins, the Warriors are looking to avoid three consecutive defeats after starting the season roundly tipped to make the top eight.
The Tigers know they need to minimise the impact of freakish halfback Shaun Johnson and England Test fullback Sam Tomkins.
"You've got to try to go through them and you've got to starve them of the football because they are creative," Anasta said.
"Shaun Johnson and Sam Tomkins are very skilful. They can score from anywhere on the field.
"So it's a big game for us, especially over there.
"It's a big game for them too because they've had a slow start to the season."
Anasta said the halves clash between Johnson and Tigers young gun Luke Brooks would be worth the admission price alone.
"They're different players. Shaun Johnson, geez he's light-footed," he said.
"They've both got good vision and they're both quick, so I suppose there are some similarities but he's a dangerous player, Johnson.
"There's no doubt about that and I don't think he's reached his potential. I think he's got his best ahead of him."
© 2014 AAP

From SMH.com.au

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Old Maggie

Unread post by Old Maggie » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 2:01 pm

I do hope robbie plays.
you would think who-ever wrote this article, would have correct info.
warriors are not facing 3 consecutive defeats, as they beat the cowboys last week end.

wtigers

Unread post by wtigers » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 2:02 pm

Old Maggie wrote:I do hope robbie plays.
you would think who-ever wrote this article, would have correct info.
warriors are not facing 3 consecutive defeats, as they beat the cowboys last week end.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I hope the whole article is off and not just that little part

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Return to “Round 4: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”