One minute, forty one seconds

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

One minute, forty one seconds

Post by formerguest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:43 pm

Just watching the game now after hosting my son's fourth birthday party this afternoon and sadly knowing the result.

Am I stupid, or why were the officials correct in giving the Warriors a tap on the twenty after not awarding a try to Anasta. Surely they could not have deemed that Braith knocked on, could they? If not surely it had to be a try, as the ball was not dead and if Manu had grounded it, a dropout is the result.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:48 pm

formerguest wrote:Just watching the game now after hosting my son's fourth birthday party this afternoon and sadly knowing the result.

Am I stupid, or why were the officials correct in giving the Warriors a tap on the twenty after not awarding a try to Anasta. Surely they could not have deemed that Braith knocked on, could they? If not surely it had to be a try, as the ball was not dead and if Manu had grounded it, a dropout is the result.

Anasta ruled to have knocked on mate

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:51 pm

i thought the same thing.

what i noticed most about the refereeing was that there seemed to be a lot of forward passes? both teams but friend seemed to throw a few. oh well. no use blaming the refs. they were just outplayed the last hour with our team going down like flies.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:52 pm

Ruled Manu picking ball up to run. B a. Knocked out of hands fair call. He wasn't grounding ball

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:53 pm

No its an excellent point.

If it was ruled an Anasta knock on then they are saying Manu didnt ground the ball as Anasta touched it after Manu. If that is the case then it really should have been an Anasta try. Forearm grounded the ball.

Dud call

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:04 pm

"He wasn't grounding ball", galea? I fail to see how he was doing anything else at full stretch with eyes only for the ball and it never left his upper forearm on the way to the ground.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:28 pm

It was a try, no doubt.

Agree with turnstyle about the forward passes too, plenty gone uncalled.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:52 pm

I thought it was clearly a try.

Strange decision as I couldnt see any separation at all.

You can ground the ball with your torso.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:58 pm

cechin is the worst ref. was at the game last week and souths crowd won them at least 3 soft penalties. some of the decisions today were woeful. the video ref was a disgrace. seems like for the good of the game and the hope of brining a wellington team to the nrl in the not too distant future, was important for an nz team to get the win today all be it manufactured by the ref.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 9:00 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:No its an excellent point.

If it was ruled an Anasta knock on then they are saying Manu didnt ground the ball as Anasta touched it after Manu. If that is the case then it really should have been an Anasta try. Forearm grounded the ball.

Dud call
Manu was not attempting to ground, anastas arm knocked it forward with separation, was close, 50/50 but can't really argue

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 9:11 pm

It was more of a try than many and his' knocked back into my own face' effort.

Anyway, crap day with the refs, injuries, crap day all round, just forget it and get ready for next week

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 9:12 pm

*manu