Adam blair.

pHyR3

Re: Adam blair.

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:Tottie is a fossil and should know better

But then again Tottie reckons Balmain should just die and take the Tiger name with them, leaving WTs to be known as something other than Tigers.....nevermind all the young WTs supporters that have no Balmain/Magpies baggage
not even just the young supporters. There are probably many WT fans in their early TWENTIES that have never supported balmain/magpies!
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:29 pm

I think the problem mainly with Blair is that he makes really conspicuous misses, he is a real arm-grabber which looks bad on replay.

Sure other guys miss tackles too, but if you are diving and getting fended or bumped off, it looks better than a lazy arm grab that gets shrugged off.

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 11:38 pm

Blair was one of the better players in a losing side. Forget about this game and prepare for the next one. Take a lesson out of today's match. Lawrence is too slow for today's game and should not be picked again till he has improved.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 1:23 am

Blair did many good things and some bad things

I'd have given him a 6.5/7 out of 10 on todays performance

He has had two offloads in two weeks that have resulted in tries

Teddy needs to hang around Blair like a bad smell , he is getting his arms free continually

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 1:26 am

The guy is an Ok first grader at best. Def nowhere near what he was at Melbourne.

Cut our losses and don't look back.

Get rid.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Frank the tank

Unread post by Frank the tank » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 5:44 am

Blair has definitely showed improvement this season. He played ok against the warriors and did some good things. I've been critical of him in the past and I'm still not sold on him in anyway shape or form. I'm just happy he's not the complete oxygen thief he was the last two seasons.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 7:00 am

I think Blair was almost our best forward; a toss up between him and Bodene Thompson. Galloway was his usual apathetic self and should cop more criticism than Blair. Woodsy was ok....but no better than that. Thank heavens for Taupau and Gavet. At least they give the impression they want to have a dig.

sameulcon

Unread post by sameulcon » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 8:07 am

Blair was definetly one of our best against the warriors and has had a pretty good season so far.

On yesterdays performance I felt we started losing the middle of the ruck when Blair went off the field. He did not play 80min.

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:44 am

formerguest wrote:tottie, do you know what a spastic person suffers from?

I can only assume that you don't, or you are of primary school age and can be excused for using the term in that manner.
No i do know what a spastic is and thats why i applied the term to Blair.

I am starting "big school" next yr.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:56 am

tottie wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Like all, except the dope who started this thread, I thought
Blair was very good in a beaten side.

Blaming him for missing Tomkins at the closing stages of a game where we played with 14 players has to be one of the worst attempts at criticising a player in the history of this forum and there have been some fair attempts.
I am the dope you are referring to spastic so use my name. The bloke is on $500k a year and is a liability in defence except when he is third man in. He had a usual shirt grabathon and hard chase around the ruck as well today and missed the "tag" on tomkins jersey. His offload for Farah is not enough to warrant a starting spot but after 3 seasons he has many fooled. He has bled this club dry and should be left to rot in state cup forever.

So it's Blair's fault we got blitzed on the edges? That'll do me.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:22 am

Teddy Blair played strong. And I have been his number one critic!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:45 am

innsaneink wrote:Tottie is a fossil and should know better

But then again Tottie reckons Balmain should just die and take the Tiger name with them, leaving WTs to be known as something other than Tigers.....nevermind all the young WTs supporters that have no Balmain/Magpies baggage
Ha ha, fossil.

Its the fossils like me that pay for the memberships, merchandise and club events that the 0 - 15yr olds want to have and go to and require to support the WT. Its fossils like me that have travelled around the country and OS to support the Tigers and attend games This is a forum for opinions which may differ to yours and i still hold the view that if Balmain have no financial or political role to play than the JV is over and then between the NRL and Wests. We all forget that both clubs were stuffed and all Balmain bought to the table in reality was the tiger logo. I love the WT but will always see it in a different light if Balmain play no role behind the scenes.

Magpie Magic
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 3:20 pm

Earned us a couple of penalties early with quick play the balls.

The offload to Farah was a beauty 2nd week running led to a try directly.

The crucial knock on late in count and miss on Tomkins only negatives.

Feel he is making an impact.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 4:07 pm

Just watched the game again. How anyone can criticise Blair on yesterday's game is beyond me. Blair busted his gut all game. Case in point is the Warriors last try where Richards lets Hurrell stroll past him. Who chases Hurrell and pulls him in when no one else did anything? Blair of course.

The Tomkins miss wasn't even really a miss. If Galloway and Brooks had tackled him, which they should have, Blair's inability to shut Tomkins down wouldn't even have been noticed.

I am all for different opinions but if opinions as stupid as the original one in this thread are going to become the norm on this forum, it is waste of time continuing to come here.

Blair has had games that deserved criticism over the last few years. Yesterday wasn't even close to one of them.

How about Farah's terrible attempt to put the ball out? Richards failure to pick the ball up?

No instead this forum has a go at one of the few players who were entitled to hold their head up high yesterday. Disgusting.

BTW. Richards was very poor yesterday.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 5:57 am

southerntiger wrote:How about Farah's terrible attempt to put the ball out? Richards failure to pick the ball up?
BTW. Richards was very poor yesterday.
Blair was actually really good. Richards was extremely poor and Robbie had a couple of terrible moments.

I wonder if some posters watch the game or just attack their least favourite player. I have been extremely disappointed with Blair's performances since he has been with us but he has been good this year.

alex

Unread post by alex » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 6:48 am

His offloads close to the line have generated two tries in the last two weeks. Good to see him staying alive in tackles. My only gripe is his hit ups in the middle of the park still leave a lot to be desired - can't seem to shake that little dance he does at the line (but it is improving)

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm

The impact players were Gavet and Paupau. Blair played well without being outstanding. Richards and Farah had an ordinary game, hope they will improve in their next game. The refs didn't help, a game we should forget.

Granto87

Unread post by Granto87 » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:43 pm

He is getting more involved this year and doing the hard yards, he is never going to be a superstar or a game changer and unfortunately we overpaid but credit where credit due cause he is having a dig and aiming up and playing as well as I think he is capable of.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Manly”