Adam blair.

Jerry Seinfeld

Re: Adam blair.

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 4:37 am

Granto87 wrote:He is getting more involved this year and doing the hard yards, he is never going to be a superstar or a game changer and unfortunately we overpaid but credit where credit due cause he is having a dig and aiming up and playing as well as I think he is capable of.

Agree with this and hopefully if theres ever a week he will have a b ig one its this week when he locks horns once more with glenn stewart and the Manly sea eagles.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 8:15 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Granto87 wrote:He is getting more involved this year and doing the hard yards, he is never going to be a superstar or a game changer and unfortunately we overpaid but credit where credit due cause he is having a dig and aiming up and playing as well as I think he is capable of.

Agree with this and hopefully if theres ever a week he will have a b ig one its this week when he locks horns once more with glenn stewart and the Manly sea eagles.
As long as he doesn't lose his cool I'm happy for him to be amongst it this weekend.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 11:28 pm

Can't believe Blair copped criticism for the game, what do people want from him, does he need to fart rainbows to get a pass mark

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 11:53 am

Goose wrote:Can't believe Blair copped criticism for the game, what do people want from him, does he need to fart rainbows to get a pass mark
Truth!
He was the only guy busting his gut, playing hard football and trying his heart out all the way to the siren. Proven by him chasing down hurrell and the last play wanting to score.
Really turning into a player I like and want at our club for years to come.
Please continue playing with heart Blair! You're killing it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 8:51 pm

Go get them BLAIR.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 9:07 pm

pattyferg wrote:
Goose wrote:Can't believe Blair copped criticism for the game, what do people want from him, does he need to fart rainbows to get a pass mark
Truth!
He was the only guy busting his gut, playing hard football and trying his heart out all the way to the siren. Proven by him chasing down hurrell and the last play wanting to score.
Really turning into a player I like and want at our club for years to come.
Please continue playing with heart Blair! You're killing it.

maybe if he's on 200-250k.... but even that would require these performances every week for the next 2 years.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 12:06 pm

Imo Adam looks like he's having a go but in some circumstances he really looks rushed in what he is doing. In when doing so either gives away a penalty or coughs up a simple ball. would like to see him play with more composure for the senior player he is.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Justo

Post by Justo » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 1:27 pm

The structure that we are now playing under suits him. He's a structure player. And is improving week in week out. The bloke was terrible on previous years I agree. But I can't understand the criticism he's copped this year. He can't be expected to play like he was when he was at the storm, cos lets face it, the entire team is no where near the level the storm are either.

If he keeps improving the way he has been, then I'm a happy fan.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:47 pm

He was chasing hard in the last minute. 100% effort and a good example to others this year.

Post by Guest » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 11:18 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Imo Adam looks like he's having a go but in some circumstances he really looks rushed in what he is doing. In when doing so either gives away a penalty or coughs up a simple ball. would like to see him play with more composure for the senior player he is.
What play the balls line speed . Rushes the kicker slows the play in the ruck. Let him do what he does and you just watch ay.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:46 pm

Adam very strong again, a lot of energy and couple of good offloads and clasdy tap ons as well. ...hopefully the Blair bashing will stop soon!

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:50 pm

We are close to getting our money's worth from Blair this year in my opinion. Has been worth $300k. He's clearly not a metre eating forward or a bloke who is going to get your pack rolling forward. What he does offer is classy touches on the back of a dominant forward pack, imo at least. He only took 8 hit ups today, but every single one was top quality.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:54 pm

TimmyB wrote:We are close to getting our money's worth from Blair this year in my opinion. Has been worth $300k. He's clearly not a metre eating forward or a bloke who is going to get your pack rolling forward. What he does offer is classy touches on the back of a dominant forward pack, imo at least. He only took 8 hit ups today, but every single one was top quality.
Timmy the way Woods ,Keefy ,Gavet and Taupau were killing it yardage wise I was happy Blair only made 8 hit ups

He can keep being the link man and popping those quality 2nd phase balls and I'll be as happy as a pig in poo

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm confused as to whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Anyway, I'm happy with how he's playing. He's a really attacking threat in the 20 metre zone. He nearly put Tapau over with a nice face ball today. He's playing a Glen Stewart like role.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:59 pm

If you added the metres he covered getting in the faces of all the enforcers in the Manly pack (Matai as well) this afternoon, he would probably have the best stats in that area.

I thought that was his greatest contribution to our win today.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:02 pm

TimmyB wrote:I'm confused as to whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Anyway, I'm happy with how he's playing. He's a really attacking threat in the 20 metre zone. He nearly put Tapau over with a nice face ball today. He's playing a Glen Stewart like role.
Agreeing if that is OK ??

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:04 pm

Haha, of course. Just was interested as to your point of view to be honest. It's clear that Blair is making less metres than the aforementioned, but I like the role he's playing in the team. He's a bit of a luxury player, but with the way our forwards are going forward it's a luxury we can afford.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:09 pm

With the forward pack we had when we signed Blair we shouldn't have signed him because we lacked aggressive go forward and didn't play direct enough

Now we have a pack that suits his needs we can see his class

I reckon it will be a laugh at the end of next season when people are screaming for the Tigers to resign him