We'll beat Manly next week

softlaw

We'll beat Manly next week

Post by softlaw » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:12 pm

It could be the bottle and a bit of red but, on the proviso that Tedesco, Simona, Fulton and Woods are fit (and Lawrence doesn;t play) we will beat them.

The effects of players having to stay off from last week and this killed us. Our attitude was still top rate.

Flame away but I'm really not that upset at all by that loss. We were beat by circumstance not play.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:15 pm

We really missed Fulton and Simona today. Fulton's defence and Simona's attack could have really been needed out there.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:18 pm

We are a chance if we take the attitude of the Souths game into the match with us, but I don't think our attitude was top rate today at all.

To be fair we did look good early on and seemed to be playing with patience and composure, but when things start to turn against you is when you really see how the team's attitude is and our defense quickly turned into lazy arm grabbing, backing away and zero line speed.

I thought our attitude was poor.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:21 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:We are a chance if we take the attitude of the Souths game into the match with us, but I don't think our attitude was top rate today at all.

To be fair we did look good early on and seemed to be playing with patience and composure, but when things start to turn against you is when you really see how the team's attitude is and our defense quickly turned into lazy arm grabbing, backing away and zero line speed.

I thought our attitude was poor.
That's when the captain should have tried to steady his team but except for Farah's try I saw no other evidence of it.

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:23 pm

Anything is possible but some big decisions need to be made in regards to Lawrence , I would not look to much into this game as we all expected this through out the season.

The warriors had a lot of luck and more than half their tries were from our errors.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 5:28 pm

and 90% of those errors (eg. the defensive positioning for the first 2 tries) were fromthe line reshuffle after Tedesco going off.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Post by Guest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:30 pm

softlaw wrote:and 90% of those errors (eg. the defensive positioning for the first 2 tries) were fromthe line reshuffle after Tedesco going off.
Richards was lost at the back.,

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:35 pm

If we have a full squad then we have a great chance of beating them. We gonna have some bad and good games, we will learn of this game!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:36 pm

I was a bit annoyed that Richards and not Nofoaulma went to fullback. Noffa would have done better in my opinion.

Post by Guest » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:39 pm

The way will beat Manly is that if we support the boys this Sunday at LO.. So let's get out there and get 18000 to 20000 out there on Sunday!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:48 pm

Thought it was gonna be a macca thread

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:50 pm

Can't see us beaten Manly, gonna have to many players out and it looks like Woods might be out too however we will beat the cowgirls the following week

willow

Post by willow » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:39 pm

I'll be happy if we give them a run for their money. Their defence is top notch and we lacked any sort of spark without Tedesco. I'd almost be inclined to include Austin on the bench for next week.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:52 pm

Great post and I completely agree. Takes some cajones to say that here too, haven't had a look as yet after the game but I'm guessing its full of. Bottom 4 predictions and sackings for potter and co.

Was nervous about this one but still changed my tip to tigers just before the game lol. Will tip tigs next week
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 7:58 pm

I agree we are a good chance if everyone is fit. Today could be a bit of a blessing. I think there was too much talk after last weeks game about how we bashed them . I like to see actions, not words. Welcome back to Earth boys. The good part is we only have to wait a week for redemption

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:11 pm

yeh, same as willow for me. against souths i just wanted them to keep up the intensity and challenge them and got way more than i expected. same hopes for the manly game: i dont think they will win but as long as they play with heart and guts (and especially legs and arms!) ill be happy.

im not really that upset either?! i think it is because we all know that some games are just going to go that way this year - its a learning experience for brooks, et al.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:26 pm

I think we all agree - if we give them a run for their money next week; we can go away satisfied.

I don't think their was anything wrong with our commitment or attitude - we were playing ok early until a few things went wrong. The young guys are ok when we are going ok but get lost when the game plan wobbles and people are forced out of position. It is called inexperience but as long as they are learning from it that's ok.

There are going to be a few games like this and we had better prepare ourselves - we knew it was going to be this way, Suffer these types of defeats and the wins will be so much sweeter.

Main thing is not to point the finger, pick out scapegoats etc. We are all in this together.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 29 Mar, 2014 8:53 pm

Guest wrote:
softlaw wrote:and 90% of those errors (eg. the defensive positioning for the first 2 tries) were fromthe line reshuffle after Tedesco going off.
Richards was lost at the back.,

We would probably have been better off putting Lawrence at fullback, at least with Pat on the wing he would have been more effective defensively and not had a shocker in goal!.