KATHY GALLOWAY

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: KATHY GALLOWAY

Unread post by old man tiger » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 1:48 pm

wtigers wrote:People need to stop equating femininity with weakness. Take this with the same offense you take when people get the names of the New Zealand players names mixed up.
I know the implication of the post was to imply he was weak but that's because people create a stigma against femininity

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I thought that while writing my comment, and agree.

As you pointed out, there is an implication of weakness or something similar. This is what is offensive.

Also think its different to an accidental stuff up of a name, but again, your overall point is a good one

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 2:56 pm

MacDougall wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:He's as slow as a wet week. Wouldn't get rid of him though.
Agreed. Woods is very slow too. Both rely on strength after contact to drag out extra metres. For balance I think they should be separated in the rotation.
I reckon that's a great call.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 8:42 pm

The thing that gets me with Keithy is I feel he gets wrapped just for doing his job. For a man of his size and also his experience I don't think he dominates as much as he should and when he does people crow about him. Im all for crowing when a player kills it but for me Keithy mostly underachieves.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 8:53 pm

TIGER wrote:The thing that gets me with Keithy is I feel he gets wrapped just for doing his job. For a man of his size and also his experience I don't think he dominates as much as he should and when he does people. Im all for crowing when a player kills it but for me Keithy mostly underachieves.
I feel much the same about Sauce, for mine he is a bog stock performing prop, not saying that with any venom or putting him down because his ability to consistantly perform at that level is also his appeal.

Im not sure I would go to say he underachieves though, he is a bloke who you know what you can and will get from him, and almost bank on it. He is a cornerstone/baseline prop.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 9:04 pm

Weve seen his best and it was some time ago...but he makes his 100m per game and 15-20 tackles...thats his job, his role, he does it

Combined with Woods when he too does his role well it sets us up to be in that game up to our eyeballs

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:01 pm

Kathy? Yeah call him whatever you choose, but don't try and pretend the guy is anything less than a good first grade prop.

The last few posts have pretty well covered his role and abilities. I pulled into KFC on the way home today, not because it is fantastic food, but just like the big Sauce, I knew what I could expect them to provide.

The guy is hard and is getting that extra yard of speed back (okay, maybe not quite that much), now that his toe is nearly completely healed. Ink started a thread about Bird getting run over the top of by him during the Titans game, but just as important for me, was Myles staggering around for a while after he was also part of the same tackle and then quiet for a few sets.

Two SOO forwards knocked down in one go is pretty good going in my book. Our bench would know only too well the platform that our starting props provide for them.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:17 pm

Lets hope he has one of those above average games this week and rips into that manly pack, id really love to see him intimidate physically with his defence that would make me happy and I'll be the first one crowing about it, c'mon Keith sho we us how mad you are.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:39 pm

IF he can stay fit im sure he can get back to his best.

We start well with Woods and Keith, helps the rest of the pack look good.

Going to be fun seeing how our pack goes against Manly. Damn shame about Sue.

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 9:48 am

I thought in the two games he's gotten aggressive ie. our two wins. He's looked good. On defence he's made a couple of good scrambling cover tackles for a prop too. I get the anti Keithy points as he would be out weakest running prop in our rotation, but he still a good prop.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 12:11 pm

Doesn't our win/loss ratio correlate largely with whether Keithy plays or not? He's not the superstar that Gus makes him out to be, but he adds value to the pack and has done for many years. He always puts in and you know what you will get from him, much like Woods. His injuries are the only thing that worries me.

I agree with Mac and Bigsiro that we should split Woods and Keithy up in the rotation. It would be interesting to see how they both work alongside a prop who offers more impact.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

jirskyr
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 1:55 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Doesn't our win/loss ratio correlate largely with whether Keithy plays or not? He's not the superstar that Gus makes him out to be, but he adds value to the pack and has done for many years. He always puts in and you know what you will get from him, much like Woods. His injuries are the only thing that worries me.

I agree with Mac and Bigsiro that we should split Woods and Keithy up in the rotation. It would be interesting to see how they both work alongside a prop who offers more impact.
Do you mean split from the outset, or during the match?

I think Woods and KG opening partnership is our best option, evidenced in the change of fortunes Rd 2 and 3, plus first 20 vs Warriors. They get guaranteed metres, don't miss many tackles, absorb punishment.

You then unleash the impact players from our bench.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 5:55 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Doesn't our win/loss ratio correlate largely with whether Keithy plays or not? He's not the superstar that Gus makes him out to be, but he adds value to the pack and has done for many years. He always puts in and you know what you will get from him, much like Woods. His injuries are the only thing that worries me.

Do you mean split from the outset, or during the match?

I think Woods and KG opening partnership is our best option, evidenced in the change of fortunes Rd 2 and 3, plus first 20 vs Warriors. They get guaranteed metres, don't miss many tackles, absorb punishment.

You then unleash the impact players from our bench.
Yeah I meant during the match. They are great to open the match with, especially when Blair does his job.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

1/4 chicken,chips
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:33 am

well lets hopeK can fire up today against the smaller Manly pack and make an impact ,Ink is probably the closest reply I can respect in regard to BIG K because he isn't trying to attack what I said.
be happy following a mediocre side that's your prerogative ,I just think he has been here long enough to be one of the top props in the game but hasn't lived up to my expectations .
thanks to the person who said I haven't laced on a boot and the feminine comments , most if not all the women in this forum have not laced on a boot ,so is their opinions not worthy ?
as for telling big K to his face , how childish is that comment .
I just want consistency from our BIG K

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:59 am

Ive had 20 on the sauce for first try...me and Gould love big Keeeefy!!

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 10:00 am

Gould is just an attention seeker when it comes to Sauce

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:43 pm

he was outstanding again today. ...

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:14 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:well lets hopeK can fire up today against the smaller Manly pack and make an impact ,Ink is probably the closest reply I can respect in regard to BIG K because he isn't trying to attack what I said.
be happy following a mediocre side that's your prerogative ,I just think he has been here long enough to be one of the top props in the game but hasn't lived up to my expectations .
thanks to the person who said I haven't laced on a boot and the feminine comments , most if not all the women in this forum have not laced on a boot ,so is their opinions not worthy ?
as for telling big K to his face , how childish is that comment .
I just want consistency from our BIG K
How are things state side this week?

I spent some time in LA and Las Vegas last year, fish and chips at Santa Monica peer or kicking back in Vegas at the Cosmopolotin with a Kid Cudi poolside concert.

I wish i was back there with you.

happy tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 9:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Gould is just an attention seeker when it comes to Sauce
Don't see him coming out and saying he wants him at the Panthers , seeing if we will swap Grant for Keefy ??

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Manly”