Teddy's ankle

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Teddy's ankle

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:46 am

BlackandGoldForever wrote:if he is out a while will Nofo go fullback and Koro on the wing?? I guess SImona can play wing too,

It's good to have so much depth but depth is good until you have to start using it
If Koro goes to the wing he and his centre partner better spend all week working on defence. It will be time very well spent. If Koro looks to be useless in defence better bring in Lulia on the wing with Simona/Lawrence centre and Nofo fullback.

Jay

Unread post by Jay » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:51 am

Is Kurtis Rowe ready to have a go?

I haven't been watching the other comps so I have no idea where he is at.

alex

Unread post by alex » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:54 am

If Ted is out I reckon the backline will be

1. Simona
2. Nofa
3. Lulia
4. Lawrence
5. Richards

Simona is a similar player to Teddy, has fullback experience (which Nofa doesn't), and causes minimal disruption to the backline.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:55 am

If Teddy is out, Nofo must be first choice at the back. Safe under the high ball, decent one on one defender, good pace if he can eke out a support game.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:58 am

alex wrote:If Ted is out I reckon the backline will be

1. Simona
2. Nofa
3. Lulia
4. Lawrence
5. Richards

Simona is a similar player to Teddy, has fullback experience (which Nofa doesn't), and causes minimal disruption to the backline.

I think this is what Potts will go with...but I'd like to see:

1. Nofo
2.Koro
3. Lawro
4.Simo
5.Patto

Speed to burn....

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:58 am

Newtown wrote:
BlackandGoldForever wrote:if he is out a while will Nofo go fullback and Koro on the wing?? I guess SImona can play wing too,

It's good to have so much depth but depth is good until you have to start using it
If Koro goes to the wing he and his centre partner better spend all week working on defence. It will be time very well spent. If Koro looks to be useless in defence better bring in Lulia on the wing with Simona/Lawrence centre and Nofo fullback.

jeez this forum seriously hates koro's defence. it's really not that bad!! he's a lot better under the high ball and his defence is adequate if he's got a good centre inside him and not a turnstyle like lawrence was last year (through no fault of his own).
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:03 am

pHyR3 wrote:
Newtown wrote:

jeez this forum seriously hates koro's defence. it's really not that bad!! he's a lot better under the high ball and his defence is adequate if he's got a good centre inside him and not a turnstyle like lawrence was last year (through no fault of his own).

Fifty fifty call for me, Koro or Mr T with Noufa to fullback.

The options are Koro, Mr T, Austin, Lulia and Moses, all of them have some question marks on their defence.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:05 am

BSB indicated that the results wouldnt be known to this arvo and added that the club didnt think it was too bad.
Which is a relative term and could mean anything....

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:10 am

Goose wrote:BSB indicated that the results wouldnt be known to this arvo and added that the club didnt think it was too bad.
Which is a relative term and could mean anything....
Yes the glass is half full but also half empty :lol:

Spin ,Spin and more spin , pity we didn't take that much spin to the T20 World cup

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:28 am

Given Simona and not Nofo went to fullback when Teddy went off, you'd imagine it would be the same next week. If nofo was considered the 2nd best fullback he would have played there for the last 30 mins.

alex

Unread post by alex » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:49 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:

The options are Koro, Mr T, Austin, Lulia and Moses, all of them have some question marks on their defence.
Unfortunately Mr T is very rocks and diamonds. He'd get slaughtered in NRL. His handling yesterday was atrocious, dropped two sitters (had nothing to do with the weather, it wasn't raining during State Cup).

If Ted is out, Simona will go fullback and Lulia to right centre. It's the least disruptive move, and Simona also has FB experience.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:49 am

Balmain Boy wrote:Given Simona and not Nofo went to fullback when Teddy went off, you'd imagine it would be the same next week. If nofo was considered the 2nd best fullback he would have played there for the last 30 mins.

I was sure I saw Nofo play some time @ fullback yesterday

Tigerpete

Unread post by Tigerpete » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:59 am

So 6 weeks out would unfortunately see him miss 6 straight games. Was hoping we'd have a bye in there but our first bye happens basically 7 weeks away. So the good news there would be it would allow him an extra week to get over it, of course assuming it is a 6 week injury.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:03 am

alex wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:

Unfortunately Mr T is very rocks and diamonds. He'd get slaughtered in NRL. His handling yesterday was atrocious, dropped two sitters (had nothing to do with the weather, it wasn't raining during State Cup).

If Ted is out, Simona will go fullback and Lulia to right centre. It's the least disruptive move, and Simona also has FB experience.
My only concern is how will Lulia match up with Linnett especially with JT feeding him gift baskets for 80 minutes

Linnett is quicker than Lulia and Lulia seems to struggle laterally which is bad when marking a quicker man and JT will target him with his own running game

I know it is a risk , but maybe Rowe is a better option if Teddy isn't fit

What happens in the front line of defence is far more important than what happens at the back

If Simona or Nofoaluma have three on ones coming at them all day because Lulia is constantly found wanting we are far better off hoping the front line can do the job defensively

I haven't watched Rowe much but he seems OK under the high ball and positionally is sound from what I have seen

I'm a position for position person , if he is a fullback we replace a full time fullback with a full time fullback Less dramas in my opinion

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:12 am

What i have seen of Rowe this year doesn't inspire me,I would prefer either Nofo or Tim at the back,with Koro or Lulia coming in.
Go hard or go home

Tigersmurf
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:12 am

I have a question which is sort of related....if we pull three guys from State Cup to cover our injuries, where do State Cup get their players from to fill the spots?

I would think Nofo to fullback, Koro to wing. Lulia back in if Simona's shoulder isnt right. Ava seems to only play 10-15 minutes late in the game anyway so Akoula can cover his position or Brown possibly come in?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:22 am

851 wrote:What i have seen of Rowe this year doesn't inspire me,I would prefer either Nofo or Tim at the back,with Koro or Lulia coming in.
He doesn't have to come in and play as well as Teddy or Inglis , as long as he is solid and makes no mistakes that's the main thing

The other thing that can be a bonus is that clubs haven't seen him play so they won't know his strengths or weaknesses

We weaken the side playing Lulia on Linnett and don't get me started with Koroibete defensively

Imagine what JT will do with Koroibete both in the air and in attack

alex

Unread post by alex » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:24 am

Rowe is not ready for first grade.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Manly”