Teddy's ankle

Zaibatsu

Teddy's ankle

Unread post by Zaibatsu » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 5:52 pm

Anybody know how Teddy's ankle is after the match? I hope he's ok! He had another strong game today, not as much of a standout as his most recent efforts but good none the less, I love how he is always sniffing around the ruck :D , he reminds me of McKinnon early in his career when he was in red hot form in that respect.

I hold my breath every time he gets tackled though, I'm not sure if it's just the way he runs or steps at the line but I always think he's going to get injured when he gets tackled... Hopefully he's right for next week!

Great performance from us today, it seems to be a flip of the coin whether or not we turn up to play, but if we can get that coin landing on the right side more consistently, we will have many more wins than losses.

:sign:

Please be ok Teddy! :pray:

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm hopeful it is a similar injury to what Woods did last week. Seumanufagai is the worrying one IMO.

Zaibatsu

Unread post by Zaibatsu » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah the way he was holding his arm looked bad... :(

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 5:56 pm

Idk, but if i were him id see this injury today as a scare to get my contract sorted ASAP. If he goes down with a serious injury (and lets be honest, he's been flirting with a serious injury all yr so far) he can kiss the lucrative contract he's looking at atm goodbye. If i were his manager id be telling him to get it sorted ASAP.

TimmyB

Unread post by TimmyB » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 5:59 pm

How exactly has he been flirting with a serious injury? What a silly thing to say. One of the occasions people panicked was after he'd been collected in a rather delicate area.

He was needled up to go out for the second half, so you'd have to think it's a minor injury. They'd be unlikely to send him out if with a need if it was anything too serious.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:04 pm

He was able to walk off
I think taking him off was more precautionary

derailed

Unread post by derailed » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:11 pm

He played on for a while and walked off after the game was over, think He'll be fine

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:14 pm

I was watching the game on stream then after the game the cameras went to the locker rooms and Teddy was walking fine but it looked like he was in a boot, it might of been ice but it did not really look like it.

I didn't see Ava there, it was Teddy, Simona, Potter, Mayer and some staff.

Simona had some ice on his shoulder, didn't look too bad, he posted a photo on Instagram afterwards with both his arms around players.

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:26 pm

Potter was quoted on triple mmm after the game saying they don't believe Ava will be too serious and that teddy was getting an immediate MRI scan on his ankle tonight and that they were concerned about it...
Fingers crossed

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:43 pm

Ankle injury at least isn't an ACL. He was walking quite okay on it, if they're actually concerned about it now and don't know what it is then who made the decision to send him back out there? That seems weird.

happy tiger
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 6:51 pm

Will get back to everyone when I have an answer

Fingers crossed it isn't too serious

I thought Ava had done a pec at one stage Fingers crossed for him as well

Zaibatsu

Unread post by Zaibatsu » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:00 pm

Cheers happy!

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:18 pm

I would not be surprised if he is out for 6-10 weeks. Once those ankles cool down, their can be some real ligament damage their. Especially since he played about 25 minutes after doing the injury. That cannot be great for it and is not something I understand given we were 26 up.

I think he needs to look at his running style. too many steps and jinks at times. He is putting huge pressure on his knees and ankles, I think he will be injured regularly.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:24 pm

Eddie wrote:I would not be surprised if he is out for 6-10 weeks. Once those ankles cool down, their can be some real ligament damage their. Especially since he played about 25 minutes after doing the injury. That cannot be great for it and is not something I understand given we were 26 up.

I think he needs to look at his running style. too many steps and jinks at times. He is putting huge pressure on his knees and ankles, I think he will be injured regularly.

I think this comes down to teddys toughness.Trainer says to teddy your struggling r u alright and teddy says Im fine but when that super teddy toughness kicks in he kicks on and plays.I hope someone has a whisper in his ear and says mate your young talented and tough but yes if u r injured and we lead by 26 take a break and maybe you can come back on if there is truly nothing wrong and the game gets close.

Zaibatsu

Unread post by Zaibatsu » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:29 pm

From Teddy on twitter:
James Tedesco ‏@jamestedesco93 57m

Great to get a win at home, fans were awesome coming out and supporting us in the rain! Off to get scans, fingers crossed nothing too bad

alex

Unread post by alex » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:32 pm

He played on for 20 minutes. I think he struggled to run on it in the second half after cooling down at half time. When you're up by 20, best to play on the safe side and bring him off.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 7:32 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:From Teddy on twitter:
James Tedesco ‏@jamestedesco93 57m

Great to get a win at home, fans were awesome coming out and supporting us in the rain! Off to get scans, fingers crossed nothing too bad
Every Wests Tigers fan will have their fingers crossed I suspect :pray:

krayola
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:44 pm

I agree with some saying he'll have regular injuries, if only because his lightness of foot and step must put serious strain on his knees and ankles. The kid is a serious athlete right now. The most pleasing thing is he doesn't rely solely on this - he has great anticipation and is safe as when it comes to high balls. A long career ahead of him

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Manly”