Farah

Farah

Post by 2041 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:21 am

I've been waiting to post this but I think it's now pretty clear so here goes. I found it astonishing to see so many people bagging Farah around the start of the season and I sincerely hope those who did so are tucking into a healthy serving of humble pie right now.

The absolute worst that could have been said about Farah was that he tried to do too much. He now seems pretty comfortable with his halves and has settled in to playing a strong role as a number nine. Then when conditions dictate, such as yesterday, he shows he can still be a playmaking weapon. Both sides' halves were quiet in attack yesterday - no surprise given the heavy rain - and it's pretty clear that Farah was a fulcrum that the oppo lacked. A real standout performance from a club legend and genuine marquee player.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:42 am

When both halves are playing well, it brings out Farah's best football. The best thing to happen to Farah is Anasta is starting to come good. I think teams are second guessing us now that he has come into form, he's caught a few sides off-guard.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 9:50 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:When both halves are playing well, it brings out Farah's best football. The best thing to happen to Farah is Anasta is starting to come good. I think teams are second guessing us now that he has come into form, he's caught a few sides off-guard.
And thats the next question CB

If Anasta decided to go one more season , do we sign him ??

The temptation will be there if the Tigers make the 8 this season and Anasta will be mighty close to 300 games which is a big milestone for players

Will Moses be right by that stage or will they put Moltzen in the role , and then if Tedesco doesn't sign does that change the whole shebang again ??

Post by 2041 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:09 am

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:When both halves are playing well, it brings out Farah's best football. The best thing to happen to Farah is Anasta is starting to come good. I think teams are second guessing us now that he has come into form, he's caught a few sides off-guard.

The temptation will be there if the Tigers make the 8 this season and Anasta will be mighty close to 300 games which is a big milestone for players

Will Moses be right by that stage or will they put Moltzen in the role , and then if Tedesco doesn't sign does that change the whole shebang again ??
I'd vote a massive 'no' on re-signing Anasta. Austin takes over until Moses is ready.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 10:21 am

2041 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I'd vote a massive 'no' on re-signing Anasta. Austin takes over until Moses is ready.
I agree. While I'm happy he's improved on last year, and we should do our best to send him out on a high this year, he still finishes with us at the end of 2014 as far as I'm concerned. Austin is more than capable of doing the same job. Anasta is probably getting the nod at this point while Brooks learns his trade.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...