Kurtis Rowe WILL play at fullback for the Tigers

Irvine

Re: Kurtis Rowe WILL play at fullback for the Tigers

Unread post by Irvine » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:17 pm

pHyR3 wrote:to be honest, rowe did just as well as teddy did in his first 20-30minutes of FG. hesitant, but went okay.
Incorrect. I remember Tedesco making a break in his debut game something Rowe has yet to do.
Tedesco was brilliant for his brief 29 minutes he had 7 runs for 87 metres. Rowe's debut game in comparison was 5 runs for 38 metres.
I would hardly call that "just as good"

Potter is already looking to replace him this week...keep an eye out for an under 20's player to take his spot.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 9:47 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
supercoach wrote:We have won two games against quality football teams with Rowe at no1, so why on earth would we change things around.First week he was very hesitant as to be expected and against Parra he got more involved. I expect a slow but steady improvement each week.

All I can say is give the kid a break, its the hardest gig on the field and is putting in plenty of effort, okay he is no Teddy but he is doing a job for us and that is all you can ask for
to be honest, rowe did just as well as teddy did in his first 20-30minutes of FG. hesitant, but went okay.

i remember a time when moltzen was outplaying james tedesco and most on here agreed that teddy should remain on the wing with moltz at 1, let tedesco develop without immense pressure of playing NRL fullback.

rowe is obviously a good player, perhaps not the next billy slater but he deserves at least 1 or 2 more games to see what he can produce. definitely needs to bulk up before ever getting a permanent spot on any team at 1.
Teddy had played half a season of NYC when he debuted. Rowe has played two full seasons of NYC and has come into a winning team.

I have seen a lot of fullbacks debut for the Tigers - Joel Caine, Shannon McDonnell, Shannon Gallant, Teddy just to name a few - and Rowe has been the least impressive. Apart from Teddy none of the ones I have named had the ability to be a long term first grade fullback.

McDonnell is actually a great example. I recall he had a fantastic debut in a beaten side in a Friday night game. He was the best Tiger on the park that night. Yet despite getting numerous chances over the years, at Tigers and Knights, McDonnell was never quite a first grader.

I hope I am wrong because Kurtis seems like a really good kid but I suspect I am not.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 9:47 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
supercoach wrote:We have won two games against quality football teams with Rowe at no1, so why on earth would we change things around.First week he was very hesitant as to be expected and against Parra he got more involved. I expect a slow but steady improvement each week.

All I can say is give the kid a break, its the hardest gig on the field and is putting in plenty of effort, okay he is no Teddy but he is doing a job for us and that is all you can ask for
to be honest, rowe did just as well as teddy did in his first 20-30minutes of FG. hesitant, but went okay.

i remember a time when moltzen was outplaying james tedesco and most on here agreed that teddy should remain on the wing with moltz at 1, let tedesco develop without immense pressure of playing NRL fullback.

rowe is obviously a good player, perhaps not the next billy slater but he deserves at least 1 or 2 more games to see what he can produce. definitely needs to bulk up before ever getting a permanent spot on any team at 1.
Teddy had played half a season of NYC when he debuted. Rowe has played two full seasons of NYC and has come into a winning team.

I have seen a lot of fullbacks debut for the Tigers - Joel Caine, Shannon McDonnell, Shannon Gallant, Teddy just to name a few - and Rowe has been the least impressive. Apart from Teddy none of the ones I have named had the ability to be a long term first grade fullback.

McDonnell is actually a great example. I recall he had a fantastic debut in a beaten side in a Friday night game. He was the best Tiger on the park that night. Yet despite getting numerous chances over the years, at Tigers and Knights, McDonnell was never quite a first grader.

I hope I am wrong because Kurtis seems like a really good kid but I suspect I am not.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”