10 dollar GA tix before 4pm Saturday

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

10 dollar GA tix before 4pm Saturday

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 8:17 pm

Hearing this is whats on offer. Apparently Mayer announced it in a tweet.

Get your backsides out there on Saturday night and get behind the team

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 8:57 pm

Only promoted on Twitter so far...I find that odd

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm gonna call the Leagues club tomorrow to see if they can confirm it,

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 7:49 pm

Its been confirmed.

Gotta say, very disappointed with the build up to our first home game at one of our traditional home grounds on here. Seems like no gives a damn. Contrast that to last week.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:07 pm

Still no promotion of the ticket offer anywhere other than twitter

Why?

Theres an official website & facebook page

Ive seen this before from, Mayer

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:12 pm

So far, only seen him quoted as saying it in a news article. They should be saturating this on their website and all over social media. You'd think being so in touch with social media Mayer would have figured this out by now.

In saying that though, besides the terrible promotion of the ticket prices, the club has done a good job at promoting the tribalism from both areas. Hope this is an ongoing thing.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:21 pm

If we get less than 15,000 on Sat night that will be very poor. Young, exciting side for $10 at a venue that is easily accessible by all forms of transport.

I assume this decision was only made late today because of poor ticket sales and expect the club will publicise it more tomorrow.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:30 pm

It was going around last night, hence when the thread was created. They really should stated advertizing this earlier in the week.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 8:33 pm

Yep been more than 24 hours to get it on FB and the official site

sideline eye
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 9:28 pm

southerntiger wrote:If we get less than 15,000 on Sat night that will be very poor. Young, exciting side for $10 at a venue that is easily accessible by all forms of transport.

I assume this decision was only made late today because of poor ticket sales and expect the club will publicise it more tomorrow.
There will be very few Cowboys supporters at the game, so I don't expect a bumper crowd but I do think it will be better than previous years seeing we now have a team capable of winning.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 12:29 am

Good initiative

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by jctiger » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 2:04 pm

There are no $10 tickets. Was not meant to be tweeted so someone is in the s***.
Was only meant for parents who have kids playing in the breaks.
Was also told the ticket Nazi's will be there to check the kids names are on the list so don't bring your neighbours kids with a local footy jumper on.
So I was told !

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 2:19 pm

jctiger wrote:There are no $10 tickets. Was not meant to be tweeted so someone is in the s***.
Was also told the ticket Nazi's will be there to check the kids names are on the list so don't bring your neighbours kids with a local footy jumper on.
So I was told !
Who told you that? Mayer was quoted as saying tix are 10 dollars up to 4PM. Going to be a backlash if this isn't the case.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by jctiger » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 2:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jctiger wrote:There are no $10 tickets. Was not meant to be tweeted so someone is in the s***.
So I was told !
Who told you that? Mayer was quoted as saying tix are 10 dollars up to 4PM. Going to be a backlash if this isn't the case.
b

Don't put s*** on her if she's wrong but was told by the ladyl in the Roar Store.
Apparently the parents were complaining about paying full admission prices to bring their kids for the day so a special rate was given to them.
If this is the case it will be chaos at the game tomorrow. Hopefully they'll let everyone in for the $10

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by jctiger » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 2:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
So I was told !
b

Don't put s*** on her if she's wrong but was told by the ladyl in the Roar Store.
Apparently the parents were complaining about paying full admission prices to bring their kids for the day so a special rate was given to them.
If this is the case it will be chaos at the game tomorrow. Hopefully they'll let everyone in for the $10

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Magpie Magic
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 3:07 pm

Yeah no promotion media is terrible.

Noticed blocker talking about his beloved tigers in the tele and he makes mention that this weeks game between Manly and Cronulla will have a similar atmosphere to Leichhardt while forgetting to mention that also this weekend at another suburban ground his beloved tigers are playing. And he is a paid employee of the club. Shocking.

I thought it was getting better but I wonder.

Seems that an attempt is made to make all non Balmain things invisible.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 4:37 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Yeah no promotion media is terrible.

Noticed blocker talking about his beloved tigers in the tele and he makes mention that this weeks game between Manly and Cronulla will have a similar atmosphere to Leichhardt while forgetting to mention that also this weekend at another suburban ground his beloved tigers are playing. And he is a paid employee of the club. Shocking.

I thought it was getting better but I wonder.

Seems that an attempt is made to make all non Balmain things invisible.
I'm not going to say too much, suffice to say i think Aaron Woods forced the clubs hand this week in regards to the tribalism towards Leichhardt last week. The club has stepped up to the plate and should be applauded, even if the promotion has been abysmal.

As for Blocker, i've never put any stock into anything he has to say, one of the biggest airheads in the media. I find it disturbing that the club has on the coaching staff someone who once publicly stated that supporters of the club from the Inner West are of more importance than those from the South West.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 5:25 pm

I don't think the cheap tickets have anything to do with Woods or the crowd last week, rather the consistently lower crowds over recent years at CSS.

When the CEO says there's a certain promotion happening, you can assume its happening, regardless of what someone in a retail store says. This was never meant to be an official promotion. Perhaps the marketing team are trying something different and are using a social media word of mouth campaign to see how many come along..? So only those connected to the club get the deal, even though its all technically in the public domain.

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”