10 dollar GA tix before 4pm Saturday

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: 10 dollar GA tix before 4pm Saturday

Post by Milky » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 5:30 pm

The offer is valid for anybody who is there before 4pm, you must buy the tickets on the gate and enter the stadium.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29732
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 5:33 pm

social media is also facebook and there is nothing on their official page, or their website....pathetic

As is Blocker talking up other games

Very piss poor

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22878
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 5:53 pm

Particularly when we're suppose to be playing at one of our traditional home grounds. Disgusting.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6959
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 6:13 pm

Mayer said on Twitter that at the moment we would be lucky to get 10,000

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22878
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 7:15 pm

Take into account the poor weather, the worst supported visiting team and the failure to properly promote the 10 dollar ticket deal, anyone expecting there should be more than 12 000 are kidding themselves,


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41550
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 7:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Take into account the poor weather, the worst supported visiting team and the failure to properly promote the 10 dollar ticket deal, anyone expecting there should be more than 12 000 are kidding themselves,
Maybe I was kidding myself , but I thought we might draw 15 k

Is it another wet weekend in Sydney ??

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22878
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 7:39 pm

Coming down in buckets out here in Gods country aka South West Sydney.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 9:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:social media is also facebook and there is nothing on their official page, or their website....pathetic

As is Blocker talking up other games

Very piss poor
Was thinking things were improving with the way the club is portrayed but very dissatisfied at the moment.

This week the media hit tock bottom between footy show and 2 pay tv shows I reckon they were called tigers 50 times and wests tigers once never Wests the tele was the same and even the logo shown is that crappy one.

The Campbelltown match is almost mentioned ad an afterthought with no significance to Wests fans in the JV.

The invisibility reminds me of 83-84.

Nofalimas resigning was mentioned as a Wests tigers junior when really he was a Wests junior. Brooks of course came from the Balmain heartland.

We are moving forward alright.

Tony33
Member
Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue 18 Mar, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Tony33 » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 10:29 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
innsaneink wrote:social media is also facebook and there is nothing on their official page, or their website....pathetic

As is Blocker talking up other games

Very piss poor
Was thinking things were improving with the way the club is portrayed but very dissatisfied at the moment.

This week the media hit tock bottom between footy show and 2 pay tv shows I reckon they were called tigers 50 times and wests tigers once never Wests the tele was the same and even the logo shown is that crappy one.

The Campbelltown match is almost mentioned ad an afterthought with no significance to Wests fans in the JV.

The invisibility reminds me of 83-84.

Nofalimas resigning was mentioned as a Wests tigers junior when really he was a Wests junior. Brooks of course came from the Balmain heartland.

We are moving forward alright.
I mean no disrespect what so ever but seriously, you have to let this whole balmain vs magpies thing go sooner or later. You often have valuable insights into the game but you also seem to harp on about the past wayyyyyy to much. I understand your frustration because your points are sometimes valid (we are always referred to as the tigers) but thats because we are now known as the Wests TIGERS ! canterbury get called the "dogs", brisbane is always called "the broncos", parramatta always called the eels and so on. Just because were predominantly called the Tigers by some media factions, has nothing to do with disrespecting or neglecting the magpies its just how the world of footy works through the media. Saying you want it to change and want teams to be called "wests" is like me saying i don't like white footballs i want them to use yellow football instead of white. Its never going to happen, thats how the world of footy is. Your argument would be completely vindicated if we were constantly called "balmain", but the fact is were not so maybe you should embrace that we are the wests tigers and accept the facts and stop criticising this great club.

Im sorry if i came across as rude in my post Magpie, i really don't want to but iv'e always only known the WESTS TIGERS and i hate the club being constantly criticised and tarnished for what i think are stupid reasons. I'm neither from the Balmain or Campbelltown areas with no previous affiliation with either pre-merger club so i have no bias here and to be honest i think the club is doing an excellent job in promoting the team in both areas, so maybe we should stop whining and complaining and do what were supposed to do.. support our club. Anyways thats just my opinion I'm sure others have their conflicting ones and can't wait to be hammered by as Ink would put it.. "fossils". Either way go the TIGERRSSS ! :sign:
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41550
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 10:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Coming down in buckets out here in Gods country aka South West Sydney.
Thanks GNR for the info

Didn't we beat the Cowbees in a wet game last season ??Nofoaluma scored late that night didn't he

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 8:46 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
innsaneink wrote:social media is also facebook and there is nothing on their official page, or their website....pathetic

As is Blocker talking up other games

Very piss poor
Was thinking things were improving with the way the club is portrayed but very dissatisfied at the moment.

This week the media hit tock bottom between footy show and 2 pay tv shows I reckon they were called tigers 50 times and wests tigers once never Wests the tele was the same and even the logo shown is that crappy one.

The Campbelltown match is almost mentioned ad an afterthought with no significance to Wests fans in the JV.

The invisibility reminds me of 83-84.

Nofalimas resigning was mentioned as a Wests tigers junior when really he was a Wests junior. Brooks of course came from the Balmain heartland.

We are moving forward alright.
Really?
FFS, logic never comes into this argument only emotion. When decisions were being made over this JV even the Western Suburbs board members voted to call the new team "Tigers" not "Magpies".

We were even going to be called the Western Tigers if I remember correctly until the Western Suburbs official (berlisconi?? Was it?) belatedly asked for it to be changed to Wests Tigers.

So when commentators call us the Tigers they are 100% correct.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29732
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 8:59 am

What others call us etc is out of our control and really doesnt concern me

I'd love to know why mayer has seemingly not given this $10 before 4pm deal as much exposure as possible - THIS is in our control. it just doesnt make sense to me

WHY??

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by jctiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:08 am

innsaneink wrote:What others call us etc is out of our control and really doesnt concern me

I'd love to know why mayer has seemingly not given this $10 before 4pm deal as much exposure as possible - THIS is in our control. it just doesnt make sense to me

WHY??
I think it could be a mistake on Mayers part. As I said earlier it was meant to be a special price for parents of the kids playing during the breaks of all today's games . That's why the deal is before 4pm only. Once he tweeted it he couldn't renege, therefore it was only on twitter and no where else.
I just heard the add on local radio 91.3 and not a mention of $10 tix.
If you haven't got a child playing today what parent would take their kids to the footy for 6 hrs in this weather.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tigermaniac
Member
Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:48 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Take into account the poor weather, the worst supported visiting team and the failure to properly promote the 10 dollar ticket deal, anyone expecting there should be more than 12 000 are kidding themselves,
As for not properly promoting the game or discounted tickets, this will not go down well with NRL considering Balmain needed quick cash. As for Blocker and his treatment to the Wests side, keep it up son, you and Elias have always been Balmains favourite sons, but not needed by us former Magpies or WT fans. Don't need you comments, our club has its own legends that have won a premiership for us. Thank you Hodgo & Skando.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29732
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:47 am

jctiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:What others call us etc is out of our control and really doesnt concern me

I'd love to know why mayer has seemingly not given this $10 before 4pm deal as much exposure as possible - THIS is in our control. it just doesnt make sense to me

WHY??
I think it could be a mistake on Mayers part. As I said earlier it was meant to be a special price for parents of the kids playing during the breaks of all today's games . That's why the deal is before 4pm only. Once he tweeted it he couldn't renege, therefore it was only on twitter and no where else.
I just heard the add on local radio 91.3 and not a mention of $10 tix.
If you haven't got a child playing today what parent would take their kids to the footy for 6 hrs in this weather.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Our junior clubs used to get tix to the games when the kids were on at h/t....my son did it a few times.

They gotta pay now for their kids to be the entertainment? wow.

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Post by Tigersman » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm

Guys i'm going to the game by train with a couple of mates I'm going from Canterbury station how do I get from Canterbury station to Leumeah station?
Tigersman since 2013!

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 12:20 pm

As far as I saw blocker has made no mention of our game at Campbelltown and is still going on about last weeks game at LO.

Losing Teddy he is a local Wests boy made good is a negative as is playing an out of town team and the weather is a failure.But when paid employees prefer to promote other games and not our own you could forgive some fans for passing.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4139
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 2:06 pm

jctiger wrote:If you haven't got a child playing today what parent would take their kids to the footy for 6 hrs in this weather.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
I didn't take the young fella to Leichhardt last week because of the weather. Sadly it is looking as if we will be making other plans for dinner and the game tonight as well.

Post Reply