Go Blake & Kurtis!

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Go Blake & Kurtis!

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 7:32 pm

Have a great debut boys and kick these cowpats backsides!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:29 pm

Any details on the injury that took Kurt out of the game?

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:31 pm

Wests Tigers ‏@Wests_Tigers 39m

OFFICIAL — Kurtis Rowe is off the field with a hip injury. Wests Tigers are unsure if he'll return tonight. #nrlwstnql

Nothing else
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:34 pm

Kurtis did alright tonight. He doesnt have the upper body development that Tedesco does and he looks a bit fragile to me, but he has got his debut out of the way with no damage and some nice touches so well done.

Austin looked great to me. He has some sensational acceleration and, dare I say it, I think he adds a lot more to the side than Braith.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5513
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:35 pm

Both players did well.


I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS


User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6745
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:37 pm

king sirro wrote:Both players did well.


I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
Really?
I thought he was far superior in all facets than what Anasta has shown. In particular his kicking and passing.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:38 pm

king sirro wrote:Both players did well.


I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
Were we watching the same game?

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:40 pm

He runs the ball more, his kicks were pinpoint, he gets more involved, he has a better short pass.

It'll be a crime if he goes back to nsw cup after that.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5513
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:42 pm

Relax guys. He did better than what Braith has been doing, but do u honestly think he did enough to convince Potter to make the change??? I would have Austin, but Potter is making the call, and i have no doubt Anasta will come straight back in
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:45 pm

Blake is a better individual player than Bwaiff.
However, Brooks was down tonight and that probably had a fair bit to do with Anasta not talking him around the field. Also, with Robbie probably out next week there is no way that Potter is going to pick Austin over Anasta :(
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6745
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:53 pm

softlaw wrote:Blake is a better individual player than Bwaiff.
However, Brooks was down tonight and that probably had a fair bit to do with Anasta not talking him around the field. Also, with Robbie probably out next week there is no way that Potter is going to pick Austin over Anasta :(
Give the Brooks/Austin combination time to grow. In a few weeks it'll be formidable.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:57 pm

Blake looked very good but to keep Braith out next week he needed to dominate IMHO. He didnt do that. I expect Braith to be picked at 6. Its not what I would do.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:59 pm

king sirro wrote:Both players did well.


I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
KS is right about Austin , we looked very stuttered in attack

Austin played well , but his one on one defence isn't good

He missed at least 4-5 one on one's and at least three were clean misses

Brooks gets more from Anasta than he would from Austin and the most important thing is Brooks so Anasta wins

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:01 pm

Sorry Kurtis was a little timid at times but did a job Wasn't as bad as Moltzen at the back as some suggested

Majere77
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:23 pm

Unread post by Majere77 » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:02 pm

king sirro wrote:Both players did well.


I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
Agreed.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:Sorry Kurtis was a little timid at times but did a job Wasn't as bad as Moltzen at the back as some suggested
He will get another go and didnt do too much wrong. He will be better for the run but he is a kong way from convincing me is a first grader.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Unread post by Irvine » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Kurtis did alright tonight. He doesnt have the upper body development that Tedesco does and he looks a bit fragile to me, but he has got his debut out of the way with no damage and some nice touches so well done.

Austin looked great to me. He has some sensational acceleration and, dare I say it, I think he adds a lot more to the side than Braith.
Rowe ..Did alright ? 5 runs all game. 1 kick dead. 1 bomb dropped. Did he even make a tackle I know he missed one.

Austin is a first grader played well but Braith will be back next week.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:08 pm

Irvine wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Kurtis did alright tonight. He doesnt have the upper body development that Tedesco does and he looks a bit fragile to me, but he has got his debut out of the way with no damage and some nice touches so well done.

Austin looked great to me. He has some sensational acceleration and, dare I say it, I think he adds a lot more to the side than Braith.
Rowe ..Did alright ? 5 runs all game. 1 kick dead. 1 bomb dropped. Did he even make a tackle I know he missed one.

Austin is a first grader played well but Braith will be back next week.
It was his debut - but I dont expect you to understand what that entails.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”