Go Blake & Kurtis!

Newtown

Re: Go Blake & Kurtis!

Post by Newtown » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:16 pm

I do not want to enter discussions as to who is the better player. Let the coach decide. I am just so grateful that we have been blessed with so many quality back-up players. It's a lot different from previous seasons.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:23 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Irvine wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Kurtis did alright tonight. He doesnt have the upper body development that Tedesco does and he looks a bit fragile to me, but he has got his debut out of the way with no damage and some nice touches so well done.

Austin looked great to me. He has some sensational acceleration and, dare I say it, I think he adds a lot more to the side than Braith.
Rowe ..Did alright ? 5 runs all game. 1 kick dead. 1 bomb dropped. Did he even make a tackle I know he missed one.

Austin is a first grader played well but Braith will be back next week.
It was his debut - but I dont expect you to understand what that entails.
Does it mean playing 29 minutes and having 7 runs for 87 metres ?

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:33 pm

anasta to bench.....can play backrow and in the halves. If any injuries austin can shift to centre and simona can play win and fullback.....if halves struggling, sub him on.....problem solved.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:36 pm

larrycorowa wrote:anasta to bench.....can play backrow and in the halves. If any injuries austin can shift to centre and simona can play win and fullback.....if halves struggling, sub him on.....problem solved.
NO. NO. NO.

Why would you tamper with a bench that is the most effective in the league.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:36 pm

larrycorowa wrote:anasta to bench.....can play backrow and in the halves. If any injuries austin can shift to centre and simona can play win and fullback.....if halves struggling, sub him on.....problem solved.
NO. NO. NO.

Why would you tamper with a bench that is the most effective in the league.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:49 pm

Just forget about Braith. Austin is double the footballer. Gives us a genuine threat running, passing and kicking on the edges.

Ive said it all year put faith in youth!! These guys are hungry for success!! Braith was playing ok and got way too much credit for settling down Brooks and whatever else he does off the ball, provide a lot of talk apparently. He made 8 tackles last week against Manly. thats 8 in total.

People said we would miss Braith in defence. I didnt see it. I dont think we missed him at all.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:58 pm

Do you really think Potter is going to make Anasta play NSW cup ?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:06 pm

Austen just played his first game at no6 for us in a nrl comp game and looked class, he can only get better. With no Teddy their will be NO attack in our backline if Austen is not playing no6. He has all the skills of Anasta, but he has speed

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:09 pm

supercoach wrote:Austen just played his first game at no6 for us in a nrl comp game and looked class, he can only get better. With no Teddy their will be NO attack in our backline if Austen is not playing no6. He has all the skills of Anasta, but he has speed
I know his better than Anasta in some areas just can't see Potter dropping Anasta. Maybe Austin to fullback would work.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 4:09 am

No....anasta to bench is only solution i can see.

The prop rotation is what is working....not the bench.In the two games we have lost, the bench hasn't been able to cope with early injuries. In fact in every game almost we have had a backrower spend time in the centres for mixed results. With no injuries the back-rower gets 15mins at the end which I wud be happy for anasta to play when we are +30 ahead. He saves face and coach keeps a senior player happy, just in case we need him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 5:56 am

Eddie wrote:Just forget about Braith. Austin is double the footballer. Gives us a genuine threat running, passing and kicking on the edges.

Ive said it all year put faith in youth!! These guys are hungry for success!! Braith was playing ok and got way too much credit for settling down Brooks and whatever else he does off the ball, provide a lot of talk apparently. He made 8 tackles last week against Manly. thats 8 in total.

People said we would miss Braith in defence. I didnt see it. I dont think we missed him at all.
Sorry Eddie , if you didn't see it watch the game again

He had some one on one misses especially on kick returns and they were clean misses

If it was a Inglis ,Slater or HAYNE (who we play next week ) they would of made some serious metres from those missed tackles

People need to remember the whole key in this is Brooks , and Brooks needs Anasta beside him far more than Austin and Anasta's defence is far better than Austin's

Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount

Defence is always far more important than attack , defence wins Finals matches not attack

willow

Post by willow » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 7:28 am

Sabre wrote:
king sirro wrote:Both players did well.

I dont think Austin did enough to keep Anasta out though.
Really?
I thought he was far superior in all facets than what Anasta has shown. In particular his kicking and passing.
Agree, looked much more dangerous than Anasta in attack and defended well also. I also prefer his kicking game to Anasta's.

thesquid

Post by thesquid » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 9:23 am

happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Just forget about Braith. Austin is double the footballer. Gives us a genuine threat running, passing and kicking on the edges.

He had some one on one misses especially on kick returns and they were clean misses

If it was a Inglis ,Slater or HAYNE (who we play next week ) they would of made some serious metres from those missed tackles

People need to remember the whole key in this is Brooks , and Brooks needs Anasta beside him far more than Austin and Anasta's defence is far better than Austin's

Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount

Defence is always far more important than attack , defence wins Finals matches not attack
The way you put your argument for Anasta, you also make it sound like we should get rid of Brooks. He is no master defender either.

Anasta is no baby sitter and if Brooks is still a baby after 8 nrl games, then he should step aside.

Its time for Brooks to change the nappies and put on big boys pants.

Austin more than held his own in defense last night.

The kick and chase on your own is always the hardest 1 on 1 tackle to get because you are at speed, trying to get the right angle. His kick and chase 1 on 1's did not disappoint me at all. He pressured them, slowed them down.

I would be asking the question of why he was on his own tackling a player taking his own kick.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:02 am

The boys had a great debut. Their time will come, let them find their feet gradually instead of throwing them in the deep end, in this way they will develop into very good players. Meanwhile they will come in whenever they are required. I am happy with Potter's selection according to his game plan.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:10 am

thesquid wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

The way you put your argument for Anasta, you also make it sound like we should get rid of Brooks. He is no master defender either.

Anasta is no baby sitter and if Brooks is still a baby after 8 nrl games, then he should step aside.

Its time for Brooks to change the nappies and put on big boys pants.

Austin more than held his own in defense last night.

The kick and chase on your own is always the hardest 1 on 1 tackle to get because you are at speed, trying to get the right angle. His kick and chase 1 on 1's did not disappoint me at all. He pressured them, slowed them down.

I would be asking the question of why he was on his own tackling a player taking his own kick.
When did I question Brooks defence ??

And the key to putting pressure on kick chase is keeping a straight line , he moved up far too quickly and caused the isolation himself

I didn't question his play bar his defence

So I'm guessing your suggesting if Farah doesn't play that we have a 1,6,7 and 9 with maybe 30 games experience combined v Parra

Good luck with that

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:31 am

imo Austin > Anasta.

The tackles missed were mainly Austin chasing kicks aggressively, Wouldn't happen to Anasta because he wouldn't be there in the first place to attempt the tackle.

If Farah is out perhaps they can share the 6 and nine duty between them?

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:37 am

happy tiger wrote: Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount
Ok im going to assume you were either drinking when you wrote this one Happy.

Either that or you are a NSW selector.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:46 am

happy tiger wrote:Sorry Kurtis was a little timid at times but did a job Wasn't as bad as Moltzen at the back as some suggested
timid? he attacked the ball every time he got it. he ran full pace at the line when he got injured. he was far from timid.

he was not big enough but he was brave today.

as for austin/anasta- i agree with KS. it's better from brooks if anasta plays alongside him rather than austin. speaking of which, austin did better than brooks last night and this year apart from a couple of kicks to tedesco brooks hasn't shown much SO FAR.

however, he seems to be getting better and yesterday i felt he missed anasta out there. hope he kills it against the eels.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble