Go Blake & Kurtis!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Go Blake & Kurtis!

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:54 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount
Ok im going to assume you were either drinking when you wrote this one Happy.

Either that or you are a NSW selector.
Give you an example of what I mean

Mark Taylor , ex Australian cricket captain was in a shocking form slump late in his career

Probably at least 3 other openers could of been brought in to replace him

But he was a good leader and got the best out of others around him

Anasta is a good leader to have around Brooks


Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:02 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount
Ok im going to assume you were either drinking when you wrote this one Happy.

Either that or you are a NSW selector.
Give you an example of what I mean

Mark Taylor , ex Australian cricket captain was in a shocking form slump late in his career

Probably at least 3 other openers could of been brought in to replace him

But he was a good leader and got the best out of others around him

Anasta is a good leader to have around Brooks
Look i know what you mean, but its one of those things that just dont make as much sense when you say it out loud.

II was happy to read your example until i saw it was Mark Taylor. He absolutely destroyed the early career of Mathew Hayden while the Australian selectors hung on to every excuse trying to justify his place in the team.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:06 am

Wow Happy

He missed a couple of kick, chase tackles. Lets hang the guy for that. Lets point out that that is the reason we need Braith back. Don't worry about the enthusiasum and pressure he put on to nearly pull off those tackles.

Anasta made 8 tackels against Manly. He misses a few as well he is far from a great defender. Austin gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Braith adds a fraction more then zero to it. With Farah out i reckon the case is even stronger for Austin, we need avanues to score points.

I don't buy into the experience for experience sake factor. I buy into confidence, youth and players that are hungry for success. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:06 am

I should put it out there that im not against Anasta, i want him in the team.

Id be moving him to lock and would look at introducing Fulton to Fletcher and giving Flanagan his number.

Ive got two words for Fulton - Sitaleki Akauola

He is our future!
Last edited by Tiger In The Gong on Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:08 am

And about 18 months later he went on to score 334 remember

The selectors at any time could of dropped him


User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:08 am

softlaw wrote:Blake is a better individual player than Bwaiff.
However, Brooks was down tonight and that probably had a fair bit to do with Anasta not talking him around the field. Also, with Robbie probably out next week there is no way that Potter is going to pick Austin over Anasta :(
Actually, you could pick both..
Get Blake to alternate in dummy half.
He looked confident, relaxed and wanted to own the game - that was his body language.
He really outshined Brooks in the kicking department

I wouldnt be calling for Anasta's head, he like many has improved in the last 3 games.
And its all to do with the confidence and the winning feeling.
The forwards going forward, the wingers/centres and rest of the pack following.

On the topic - Kurtis looked scared, perhaps the nerves ? Thats my opinion and assessment
Austn looked great +1..

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:10 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote: Sometimes a better player isn't always the better option , what works better for the team is paramount
Ok im going to assume you were either drinking when you wrote this one Happy.

Either that or you are a NSW selector.
Give you an example of what I mean

Mark Taylor , ex Australian cricket captain was in a shocking form slump late in his career

Probably at least 3 other openers could of been brought in to replace him

But he was a good leader and got the best out of others around him

Anasta is a good leader to have around Brooks
Lol comparing Anasta to one of Australia's greatest ever cricket captain. Anasta was such a good leader at Easts they turffed him the year before they won the comp.

Mark Taylor was a good leader I will give you that. But to compare league to cricket is puzzling. A cricket captain makes many tactical decisions that influence games. A league captain is little more then a figure head.

He also had Warne, Mcgrath, Waugh twins, Slater, winning him games when he went 20 games without a half century.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:11 am

happy tiger wrote:And about 18 months later he went on to score 334 remember

The selectors at any time could of dropped him
And given another 18 months im sure Braith could jag another man of the match award.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:11 am

Eddie wrote:Wow Happy

He missed a couple of kick, chase tackles. Lets hang the guy for that. Lets point out that that is the reason we need Braith back. Don't worry about the enthusiasum and pressure he put on to nearly pull off those tackles.

Anasta made 8 tackels against Manly. He misses a few as well he is far from a great defender. Austin gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Braith adds a fraction more then zero to it. With Farah out i reckon the case is even stronger for Austin, we need avanues to score points.

I don't buy into the experience for experience sake factor. I buy into confidence, youth and players that are hungry for success. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah and do you think we will beat Parra with Brooks ,Austin and Luani in the 7,6 and 9 jerseys ??

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:12 am

Irvine wrote:Do you really think Potter is going to make Anasta play NSW cup ?
:roll

thanks for the great laugh ..

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:12 am

happy tiger wrote:And about 18 months later he went on to score 334 remember

The selectors at any time could of dropped him
I reckon if they gave Phil Hughes 35 chances he would make a big score. Does one triple century in 18 months prove the selectors were right? Not sure about that.

Thats like saying if Braith has 10 more dud games, then scores a hat trick against the Raiders in Round 20 the selectors were proved right.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:13 am

Too many Tigers supporter are still Sheensified

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Wow Happy

He missed a couple of kick, chase tackles. Lets hang the guy for that. Lets point out that that is the reason we need Braith back. Don't worry about the enthusiasum and pressure he put on to nearly pull off those tackles.

Anasta made 8 tackels against Manly. He misses a few as well he is far from a great defender. Austin gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Braith adds a fraction more then zero to it. With Farah out i reckon the case is even stronger for Austin, we need avanues to score points.

I don't buy into the experience for experience sake factor. I buy into confidence, youth and players that are hungry for success. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah and do you think we will beat Parra with Brooks ,Austin and Luani in the 7,6 and 9 jerseys ??
With Farah out i see Parra as favourites. To counter that i reckon we need to find more avanues in attack.

Personally i give us a better chance with Austin than Anasta. I can see your argument, and its valid, i just dont agree with it.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:18 am

They were probably favourites at home with Farah in

As I said in another thread , we need to improve 50% again on last night to beat Parra

thesquid
Member
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun 13 Apr, 2014 9:17 am

Unread post by thesquid » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:44 am

happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Wow Happy

He missed a couple of kick, chase tackles. Lets hang the guy for that. Lets point out that that is the reason we need Braith back. Don't worry about the enthusiasum and pressure he put on to nearly pull off those tackles.

Anasta made 8 tackels against Manly. He misses a few as well he is far from a great defender. Austin gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Braith adds a fraction more then zero to it. With Farah out i reckon the case is even stronger for Austin, we need avanues to score points.

I don't buy into the experience for experience sake factor. I buy into confidence, youth and players that are hungry for success. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah and do you think we will beat Parra with Brooks ,Austin and Luani in the 7,6 and 9 jerseys ??
Let me tell you what I saw from a tough game of good defense from both teams last night..... Luke Brooks did not win the game.... Anasta surely didn't win the game.... Austin did not win the game.... but only one of those players enabled a win with attack opportunities and it wasn't Brooks.

Points were hard to come by and we were millimetres from scoring much more. The team and Brooks will be all the better with Austin in the 6 and Braith readying for retirement on the bench or a fill in somewhere.

If Brooks has another game like last night, Braith aint going to offer anything close to the attacking opportunities we had last night.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 1:50 pm

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:Wow Happy

He missed a couple of kick, chase tackles. Lets hang the guy for that. Lets point out that that is the reason we need Braith back. Don't worry about the enthusiasum and pressure he put on to nearly pull off those tackles.

Anasta made 8 tackels against Manly. He misses a few as well he is far from a great defender. Austin gives us a whole new dimension in attack. Braith adds a fraction more then zero to it. With Farah out i reckon the case is even stronger for Austin, we need avanues to score points.

I don't buy into the experience for experience sake factor. I buy into confidence, youth and players that are hungry for success. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah and do you think we will beat Parra with Brooks ,Austin and Luani in the 7,6 and 9 jerseys ??
With Farah out i see Parra as favourites. To counter that i reckon we need to find more avanues in attack.

Personally i give us a better chance with Austin than Anasta. I can see your argument, and its valid, i just dont agree with it.
I agree with your thinking on this Eddie; Austin has to stay at 6.

But equally I think with Farah out Anasta has to come into the team somewhere. I think he is worth a punt as Farah's replacement.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 1:54 pm

Braith has not played at 9 in his career. It is a very specialist position! I think it would he utter madness to even consider him at 9. I would lose so much faith in Potter if he put Austin or Anasta at 9 and started playing the Sheens Shuffle.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 2:08 pm

For a debut super impressed with Austin.

Was very busy especially when Brooks went through a quiet period.

2 young inexperienced halves never played together before very impressive.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”