The rotation

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

The rotation

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 8:48 pm

Potter has got the interchange of the front rowers and lock working to perfection. With the return of Sauce he got what he was seeking and sorted out his current rotation as the bunnies game played out. I think that during that game he decided on the best way to collectively utilise our pigs individual strengths.

Seems to me that the early replacement of the eight and ten are like for like, but the smart use of the bench relates to the re-entry of Woods to the match late in the half. Whilst he replaces Blair, it is Gavet that takes over Adam's role and is performing it with aplomb.

Up until this week Sue, and to a lesser extent Ava have been doing their job, but IMO it is the use of Gavet playing a similar role to Blair that is the key and was shown to good effect leading up to Farah's try.

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:29 pm

I agree. Thought the same during the game.

He's nailed when and who to interchange.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Blake93

Unread post by Blake93 » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:29 pm

Gavet has a fantastic passing game and it helps massively in the opponents red zone. Having an entire forward pack that can offload well with more than half who can ballplay is a huge asset.
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 12 Apr, 2014 9:40 pm

The impact and quality of work being done by Taupau and Gavet is working wonders. Both players are very hard to put on the deck which draws a lot of defence in around the ruck and is largely why Farah is clocking up over 100 metres in attack each game, he's able to get out of dummyhalf so much more effectively.

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”