Bogey eels

galea#11

Bogey eels

Post by galea#11 » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 9:29 pm

Seriously think this eels side will be a bogey side in general season and choke in playoffs Not sure wat to expect. Reckon a 13+ score either way not sure which way though

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 9:41 pm

They're a good side this year. A bit like us. Under respected and overachieving. Only difference at this stage is we are starting to suffer a heavy injury toll, and i think theirs is nothing. I believe they will beat us this weekend. If we are able to hang tough and make the eight with all players on deck and meet the Eels, i will be very confident of taking their scalp. ( and my God i will enjoy it)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:00 pm

Roosters bombed that game , they made plenty of clean breaks and could not finish them off

If the forwards can repeat their dominance of the last few weeks , we will get plenty of chances to put points on

Our defence will be crucial over the weeks that Farah is missing , if opposition teams score 18 points we will struggle

Brooks in my opinion needs to stand up in attack also

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:Roosters bombed that game , they made plenty of clean breaks and could not finish them off

If the forwards can repeat their dominance of the last few weeks , we will get plenty of chances to put points on

Our defence will be crucial over the weeks that Farah is missing , if opposition teams score 18 points we will struggle

Thats how I saw it. In the first 15 mins the Rooster looked seven classes above Parra. They failed to capitalise and then went into a shell.

I expect this Parra side to come back to earth in the next month or two. I hope it starts with us.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:Roosters bombed that game , they made plenty of clean breaks and could not finish them off

Thats how I saw it. In the first 15 mins the Rooster looked seven classes above Parra. They failed to capitalise and then went into a shell.

I expect this Parra side to come back to earth in the next month or two. I hope it starts with us.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:21 pm

If the forwards aim up again Brooks and whoever is 9 should have plenty to work with.

Pressure on Parra being expected to win against the baby Tigers.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 5:52 am

ANZ, while not everyones cup of tea, really works in our favour here imo

Eels grow an extra leg :? at Parra stadium, even when theyre rubbish

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 6:54 am

We have a size advantage over the Eels in the forwards, plus our pack is mobile and aggressive. Just keep it simple, hit them hard in the middle, win the ruck, kick and chase well and i reckon we will grind away better than they will.

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 8:30 am

As most have said, gotta keep it simple.

Defence is key. if we can defend well, points will come.

Be clinical with the ball, run straight and hard without any silly errors and they'll eventually leak points.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 8:42 am

As some have already said, keep it simple.

Defence is key, wrap the ball carrier and eliminate the second phase play, that will minimise Hayne's effectiveness. In attack, just do what we've always done.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 9:33 am

Well said Cultured Bogan.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:03 am

Second phase play can be our defensive Achilles Heel. Fulton also needs to dominate our weak defensive edge.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 5:58 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Second phase play can be our defensive Achilles Heel. Fulton also needs to dominate our weak defensive edge.

So true. When the Eels have beaten us in the past it's because we haven't shut down their offloads. Fui Fui in particular always seems to grow a foot and get more balls away than Artie Beetson when he plays us...
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.