Blake Austin

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Blake Austin

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:56 pm

Austin on Twitter "Thanks so much to all the fans today. Of both team. Great for rugby league. You tiger fans were massive. Awesome to play for. #itsmylife"

Similar tweets all year. Love his attitude. Breath of fresh air given the crap we have been hearing the last few years.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:01 pm

southerntiger wrote:My preference would be Blake at 6, Luani at 9 amd Braith at LRO. However, I suspect Potter will keep picking Braith so Austin at 9 for me.

no hate for Luani, he filled the position well but Blake filled the roll... we were missing a dominant call, that step forward with ball in hand that has markers thinking twice about committing to him or waiting for a pig to jam them, he had the gift of buying attacking time...

I think both Blake and the team will be served well with him continuing at 9 as Farah heals, assuming the role of organiser which will pay divedends as he steps back into a playmaker roll to assist Brooks and Braith shifted out into aged care.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:06 pm

Impressed me heaps, got us going when he came on, changed our game completely imo. While farah is out keep him and luani rotating at 9, then put Austin at 6, anasta can go into early retirement, his kicks are really getting to me.

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:09 pm

Master stroke just before half time for Potts to put him at dummy half, made a huge difference to the team.

derailed

Unread post by derailed » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:12 pm

Before the match I thought that Luani was going to be the man but once Blake came on we were a different team and I would run with him next week with four forwards on the bench.

This guy is too good for State guy and needs to get more time in firsts. How we fit everyone in when all are fit I don't know but he has to be there somewhere

tigertilidie

Unread post by tigertilidie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:16 pm

Thought Austin was great. But don't think you can drop luani he made 35 odd tackles and didn't do anything wrong. There is an easy solution here potter. Drop Anasta !!!!!!

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:21 pm

TIGER wrote:Impressed me heaps, got us going when he came on, changed our game completely imo. While farah is out keep him and luani rotating at 9, then put Austin at 6, anasta can go into early retirement, his kicks are really getting to me.
rotation? screw that, Blake has 80 in him. We need to stack the pack in our favour to cover for a lack of flair (Teddy out + Anasta) and give ourselves the best chance of dominating.

I was really proud of Luani especially stepping into the backrow and digging in, but it isnt a role we should expect to always turn out as well.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:24 pm

Im happy for him, no doubt thats the biggest most important game he has played and again he delivered.

Anasta may be good for Brooks development but Austin is good for the Tigers!

galea#11
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by galea#11 » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:36 pm

Luani did a good hookers job did lot of work then Austin came in and cleaned up. We couldn't start with Austin at hooker though

Eddie

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:47 pm

I will repeat what i said during the week....

Farah and Teddy out, means a lack of creativity. Anasta is slow, offers no running game and a average kicking game.

Austin provides more spark every day of the week. A running threat, with a better passign game and QUICKER. Austin was even dangerous from hooker today!! And that is a position totally unfamiliar for him!

Please put him at 6 Potts!!

tigsta

Unread post by tigsta » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:51 pm

Austin must be in the 17 next week. Somewhere. I seriously doubt anasta will be dropped. But Austin has to be there.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:59 pm

Marked improvement from the side when he came on, repeatedly frustrated with the lack of communication from the halves.

He made the difference in the game IMO.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:32 pm

Must be at 6. He gives us a spark on the other side of the ruck. Hes D needs work bit is all over anasta. Braiths kicking game is poor ( bombs away to hayne) and doesn't beat anyone. It time to give austin the faith he needs to succeed.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:55 pm

He was really good today, gave us a huge spark. But there's no way he can play 80 at hooker, no way.

bonstonker

Unread post by bonstonker » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 1:47 pm

i think he will stay at hooker for now,and hopefully can kick a few from dummy half.
good thing is he can get more tackling under his belt.
if he can impress while farah is out and continue to gel with the team he might have a chance later in the year for 6.
before then,doubt it.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:02 pm

When Blake announced he was joining the Tigers, I made the point of watching his last two games for Penrith NSW Cup last year on the recommendation of my elder son.. Austen ran that team from five-eight and they almost pulled out the competition, unexpectedly.
Last night he came on and ran the team from dummy half. HE IS THE GOODS, just like the Penrith management thought, before Gould and his team arrived. For some reason, the Gould team did not rate him highly.
PLEASE, Mr. Potter put Blake at five-eight and it will be the start of a very good half/five-eight pairing, who will lift the team, dramatically.

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 4:02 pm

Austin is a legitimate threat and takes on the line every play. We can't have any more Anasta-style passes before the line or knock ons, teams will eat that up.

Magpie Magic
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 10:28 pm

2 weeks on the row he turned game.

I thought last week on debut a special game outside a rookie Brooks was ever ywhere.

And this week comes on like his an old hand.

Should be in 13 but can handle being on bench which will suit every one atm.

We have a lot to look forward too.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”