Blake Austin

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33020
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Blake Austin

Post by willow » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 6:58 am

Eddie wrote:I will repeat what i said during the week....

Farah and Teddy out, means a lack of creativity. Anasta is slow, offers no running game and a average kicking game.

Austin provides more spark every day of the week. A running threat, with a better passign game and QUICKER. Austin was even dangerous from hooker today!! And that is a position totally unfamiliar for him!

Please put him at 6 Potts!!
Agree completely and I think this situation will eventuate in the second half of the season.


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:46 am

As well as we played with a depleted side, Parra should have beaten us.
We do need more attacking options. Austin does have spark and gets teammates bodies in motion. I'd say our centers and wingers will see more ball if Austin was at 5/8.
He went great out of dummy half as well. Hopefully he plays more than 60 minutes vs the Titians.
in Ivan we distrust

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Post by laufoofan » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 10:57 am

I have no doubt of Austin capability. His time will come and he will happily take them with both hands. Meanwhile I like him to wait a bit longer and be very sure of himself and be able to command and play like a general later on, not like a foot soldier.The more time Austin is given time to find his feet, the better he will be. In this way, he will have a very good foundation foir his game.He won't need to expriment any more. In the later half of the game, that's when we need him the most and be topped at exactly the right time. We don't want to be too fresh or ahead of himself now. While we are winning games, we can afford this.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 6:42 pm

I am really impressed by Blake.
We look so much faster with him on field.

As soon as he came on, we improved dramatically.
Want him signed up long term, he is gun.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22417
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm

Gus and Cleary had massive raps on him. Not sure why they let him go.


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:15 pm

between him, LB and Moses we are spoiled for the future. In the next decade we should win multiple comps

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:21 pm

2014:

1. Teddy
6. Anasta
7. Brooks
9. Farah

17. Austin

2015/16/17

1. Teddy
6. Austin
7. Brooks
9. Farah

17. Moses

2018:

1. Teddy
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Austin

If we can keep that, we have a brilliant future.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:30 pm

Good one Milky. I'd love that.

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Post by Tigersman » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:35 pm

Milky wrote:2014:

1. Teddy
6. Anasta
7. Brooks
9. Farah

17. Austin

2015/16/17

1. Teddy
6. Austin
7. Brooks
9. Farah

17. Moses

2018:

1. Teddy
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Austin

If we can keep that, we have a brilliant future.
100% agree That is actually really good. Good job man.
Tigersman since 2013!

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:48 pm

laufoofan wrote:I have no doubt of Austin capability. His time will come and he will happily take them with both hands. Meanwhile I like him to wait a bit longer and be very sure of himself and be able to command and play like a general later on, not like a foot soldier.The more time Austin is given time to find his feet, the better he will be. In this way, he will have a very good foundation foir his game.He won't need to expriment any more. In the later half of the game, that's when we need him the most and be topped at exactly the right time. We don't want to be too fresh or ahead of himself now. While we are winning games, we can afford this.
Didn't you notice that as soon as Blake went on, he started calling the plays and organising the attack, which seemed to be missing before he went on. He was doing this for over a season at Penrith and in the Tigers NSW Cup this year. He has all of the "very good foundation for his game", already.
HE IS THE MISSING LINK THE TIGERS HAVE NOT HAD FOR SOME TIME!

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 11:14 pm

tw33k wrote:He needs to start at 6 and Anasta dropped. From the moment he went on, he took control. He scored a solo try right on half-time which got us back into the game. He directed traffic beautifully and set it up fro Brookes to kick the field goal. And what about the penalty from the short kick off. Anasta didn't know what to do til Blake told him to give the ball to Richards and take the 2.

No doubt Blake Austin should be our 6.
The "what to do" call came from the Coach...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 11:14 pm

tw33k wrote:He needs to start at 6 and Anasta dropped. From the moment he went on, he took control. He scored a solo try right on half-time which got us back into the game. He directed traffic beautifully and set it up fro Brookes to kick the field goal. And what about the penalty from the short kick off. Anasta didn't know what to do til Blake told him to give the ball to Richards and take the 2.

No doubt Blake Austin should be our 6.
The "what to do" call came from the Coach...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 7:26 am

Blake looks so comfortable in the team already.
Natural leader / play maker.

He needs to be in our starting side.
No joke, when he came on... our whole attack changed and looked more direct & fast.

I'm a massive Austin fan.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

thesquid
Member
Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun 13 Apr, 2014 9:17 am

Post by thesquid » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 8:43 am

Demps wrote:Blake looks so comfortable in the team already.
Natural leader / play maker.

He needs to be in our starting side.
No joke, when he came on... our whole attack changed and looked more direct & fast.

I'm a massive Austin fan.
Same, my kids are a big fan of him too.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 8:56 am

We had a bloke with the same energy for the last 10 years and played in the Finals 3 times...

Blake plays for himself, not the Team... He will come handy in the dying rounds leading into the Finals. Could even be the X-Factor to actually win the comp?!

Until Luke Brooks can direct and control the team, Anasta is more important!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Post by laufoofan » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 9:21 am

Play our trumped cards in the last few rounds. Topping too early won't win the final, hold the best to the last. Meanwhile Austin can have some game experience, while Anasta lay the ground work.Anasta experience is very important for our young ones currently and is an integral part of the plan. A fresh Farah, Tesdesco and Austin will ensure that we may achieve our final goal.I heard the Austin gong, but I won't play my last and best card now.

thesquid
Member
Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun 13 Apr, 2014 9:17 am

Post by thesquid » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 9:36 am

Tiger Watto wrote:We had a bloke with the same energy for the last 10 years and played in the Finals 3 times...

Blake plays for himself, not the Team... He will come handy in the dying rounds leading into the Finals. Could even be the X-Factor to actually win the comp?!

Until Luke Brooks can direct and control the team, Anasta is more important!
That is the worst most off the mark assessment of Austin I have seen. Do you have anything to back up the call that he plays for himself and not the team, because to me, that is a load of ...... and not fair on him.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 9:49 am

do I have anything to back it up? Yeah... I watch the games with my eyes open!

You can get a woody for him all you like, but I want to see Luke Brooks develop smoothly and this will take most of the year, if not more... Until then, I'd prefer Anasta directing the team when Luke fades out of the games.

Austin is too dominant and is like a kid in the candy shop... I prefer Structure!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post Reply