Adam Blair

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Adam Blair

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:18 pm

First time I can remember him having the most metres gained of our forwards. He was great tonight. Best game in our colours. His offload and the speed he gets to his feet is great.

He plays well in good packs. I suppose that's the secret. Now we're getting value out of him.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by clokan » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:39 pm

Agree, his best game yet as a Wests Tiger, he's been good all year

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:44 pm

Agree, his best game for WT, this year he is (finally) consistently one of our best forwards.

Tigrr
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:44 pm

Blair was MOTM imho

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:He plays well in good packs. I suppose that's the secret. Now we're getting value out of him.
This is what I think - he is a really good role player. He isn't a player who can carry a team or who looks good when the pack is struggling.

If he has some beasts around him though he goes really really well.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:54 pm

Maybe its all the competition coming from our bench. Great work from him and the rest of the pack. Give that man a beer.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:55 pm

Blair is a good model and lead by example. He carries himself well in public. I see him having a good future with the tigers and can play a senior role there.

tiger pom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by tiger pom » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:01 pm

Ive always been negative about Adam Blair but this season he has been a revelation and was certainly in our top 3 today.Great to see him in the form he showed with the Storm.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:39 pm

He had a blinder. I have been a huge critic in the past but i tip my hat too him

He is ripping in and making huge inroads.

Also his PASSION this year is what we needed. He is really demonstrative on the field and emotional. It is great to see. He is playing fantastic football.

Full credit to him and MICK POTTER (getting the best out of him)

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:51 pm

MacDougall wrote:First time I can remember him having the most metres gained of our forwards. He was great tonight. Best game in our colours. His offload and the speed he gets to his feet is great.

He plays well in good packs. I suppose that's the secret. Now we're getting value out of him.
And thats what the few of us who have ripped him apart have been saying for three years. He plays a certain role and his very effective at that. When the forward pack as whole is not dominant he is not effective.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Marshall_magic

Unread post by Marshall_magic » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:57 pm

When he is running the ball well, defending strong and popping some good offloads, it makes his little 1%ers look a whole lot better (and they're the thing I like most about the guy). His intercept while coming back in cover from Sandow's break in the first half was massive.

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:58 pm

MacDougall wrote:First time I can remember him having the most metres gained of our forwards. He was great tonight. Best game in our colours. His offload and the speed he gets to his feet is great.

As his biggest critic i will give him his dues the past fortnight. He has transformed. In saying that its been a while coming (sorry)... Going well.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:02 pm

His best game for us thus far tonight. He was immense in all facets of the game.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:02 pm

southerntiger wrote:

And thats what the few of us who have ripped him apart have been saying for three years. He plays a certain role and his very effective at that. When the forward pack as whole is not dominant he is not effective.

Ok you might be right.

What you are also implyingis Sheens stuffed him around through his game plans, use of a weak bench and sideways football. Now we have a proper coach, with a big pack!!

He is a lot more demonstrative and passionate during games. He is clearly enjoying MicK Potters style of play.

Potter > Sheens.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Perhaps. What has Sheens got to do with the price of fish?

I have acknowledged several times I was too harsh on Potter last year.

I also said in 2012 that sacking Sheens was the right decision. I just never hated him and couldnt given 2005, 2010 and 2011.

krayola
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by krayola » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:09 pm

Absolutely love our first three hit ups with Woods then Galloway then Blair. Gets us on a bloody good roll which has so far been very tough to stop.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 5:40 am

He has always been doing great work off the ball, even when Sheens did a Benji with him in giving him a foreign role to play, but trimming him down was the biggest error.

He has been good since Potter switched him to a tighter role through last season where his wares come to the fore. The difference in him this year has little to do with his pack mates and whilst Brooks playing more direct has made a difference, for me the main reason is he was simply underweight and thus less effective in the ruck.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:47 am

Tigrr wrote:Blair was MOTM imho
Agree. I know Fox Sports had Woods as mom but Blair and Thompson were outstanding and Akauola was not far behind with Taupau. It is brilliant to watch our forward pack dominate for a change.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”