Akauola

southerntiger

Akauola

Post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:23 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Been raving about this guy for weeks, he is a very serious footballer.

It only took me ten minutes of seeing him live to be convinced, im shocked his name wasnt being talked about by all these reserve grade followers.
It has been. We have been talking about him since the 2012 NYC Grand Final, when he killed it.

He was also very good in his one first grade game last year.

The issue in the past has been about fitting him into a role. Like Blair he is most effective in a dominant pack. Last year he would have struggled IMO.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:30 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Been raving about this guy for weeks, he is a very serious footballer.

It only took me ten minutes of seeing him live to be convinced, im shocked his name wasnt being talked about by all these reserve grade followers.
It has been. We have been talking about him since the 2012 NYC Grand Final, when he killed it.

He was also very good in his one first grade game last year.

The issue in the past has been about fitting him into a role. Like Blair he is most effective in a dominant pack. Last year he would have struggled IMO.

Fair enough, ive only been back on the forum this year, in that time he has hardly been mentioned.

I suspect his layback attitude puts people off.

I saw him in the stands at the Sharks trial, he sat there with headphones on the whole entire game. I couldnt stop looking at him, he had this extremely relaxed confidence like he was either a complete ass or someone very special.

I now have my answer.

tottie

Post by tottie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:54 pm

Outstanding

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 7:58 pm

I thought he was just about our best today, how good was the offload to Richards and then the bump off on peats

Surprised he didn't play a few more games over guys like spence and Buchanan, maybe something to do with the second tier salary cap.

Anyways it's great seeing a bloke make the most of his opportunities, virtually making himself undroppable when sue, sironen etc come back.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:01 pm

Had a screamer tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed his input. Menacing in defence, ran hard with the pill.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:07 pm

he saved a try too in the 2nd half and it was a awesome try saver too

willow

Post by willow » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:08 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I thought he was just about our best today, how good was the offload to Richards and then the bump off on peats

Surprised he didn't play a few more games over guys like spence and Buchanan, maybe something to do with the second tier salary cap.

Anyways it's great seeing a bloke make the most of his opportunities, virtually making himself undroppable when sue, sironen etc come back.
Second tier salary cap was the problem last year, otherwise he would have made a few more appearances off the bench. Check out Paul Fletcher's comments on the WT website about Akauola, he says he (Akauola) doesn't realise how talented he is and could be anything if he works on his fitness and the small aspects of his game. He showed today he can hit with the best of them, defend well (got showed up by Hayne admittedly, but he's made plenty of players look ordinary over the year), and he has one of the best ofloads I have seen in some time, just has a knack for poking his head and arms through the line and getting a harlem globetrotter pass away.

tottie

Post by tottie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:15 pm

Awesome talent with heart, soul and ability.

krayola

Post by krayola » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:15 pm

Dude has serious confidence - he has an afro WITH A RATS TAIL coming out the back. He's just begging someone, anyone, to say something or to run at him.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:18 pm

Very promising
Good to see him do well.
Just a shame Gavet got injured otherwise we would have had a lot more reserve to run parra around the park a bit more

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:24 pm

Without Fulton he needed to step up. Instead he leaped far ahead of what I thought he could do. He was very very impressive.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:26 pm

He went okay i thought. The flick that put Richards away was a gem, but i think he'll be the player that makes way for Fulton. No way you can remove Austin

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He went okay i thought. The flick that put Richards away was a gem, but i think he'll be the player that makes way for Fulton. No way you can remove Austin
how good is he !!!! he made 130m and bends the line at will its going to be hard to drop him. I think Ava will be the one to make way

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:36 pm

He's good, just gotta never kick a ball again. That was a shocker.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:40 pm

Ive had my eye on him for a while.....two plays today...the pass to Richards and the tackle on Sandow were just UNBELIEVABLE.....

Impressed that Potter picked him,.....didnt see that coming.

pacman

Post by pacman » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:44 pm

He's a gem

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:51 pm

He really showed he belonged in the top grade, big minutes and great contribution this afternoon.

Blair and Thompson were both awesome.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:52 pm

He is incredibly talented, he is potentially one of the most skillful forwards we've ever possessed. He needs to be locked up in a contract for 2015 onwards.

How much more size can he put on without it affecting his skills and playstyle?

Anyone know if he went off with injury and if so, how bad is it?