Rowe

laufoofan

Re: Rowe

Post by laufoofan » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:39 am

Rowe is gaining experience as he play in the NRL. Give him the opportunity he deserves , he will improve as he gains experience.Tedesco improved out of sight this year and I feel Rowe will do the same later on.Rowe is getting better with each additional game under his belt.I will leave him there. He is doing a job best he could. I wouldn't leave any of the other backs in this role. Patty and Nofo or Simo should stay in their current role which they are doing an excellent job.Rowe will be a star of the future, when his time arrives, meanwhile this is a learning curve for him.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 10:31 am

Id put Nofa at FB and bring up Koro,

Im sorry but I dont think he is ready...looked very good in u/20's.

More time in reggies.

But knowing Potter I think he will persist with him and thats fair enough I guess.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:14 am

The problem is Rowe has practically gone from NYC to NRL. Not many players can make that step up directly and he certainly isn't one of the few that can (eg Brooks).

He's only had a few games at NSW Cup. He was far from a standout at that level. Poor if anything. He needs time at NSW Cup level to acclimatise to the higher speed, skills and strength of playing with adults.

The only other option is to reshuffle the backline which Potter seems reluctant to do. We've won 2/2 with Rowe at the back so i can't see him getting dropped, yet. Another poor performance and he'll be very close to being out!

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 1:14 pm

i don't know what he offers.
seems to run at players and not away.no deception in speed or footwork.
looks a speed bump in defense.

not sure how long we can get away with our current 1 and 6.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 1:17 pm

He is a back up player, and is performing well enough for that IMO.

He has been able to clean up almost all attacking kicks and has taken a lot of balls on the full.

He is not a great ball carrier at this stage, but he hasnt been getting monstered and has manage to get reasonable play the balls so our sets have started ok.

You are not going to get super performances from tier 2 key position players.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 1:23 pm

bonstonker wrote:i don't know what he offers.
seems to run at players and not away.no deception in speed or footwork.
looks a speed bump in defense.

not sure how long we can get away with our current 1 and 6.
That's what I'm seeing.

We have been lucky our last two games but how long will it last.

IMO time to change it up.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:39 pm

With players like him and Anasta tigers are playing 11 on 13. I fear that the team will lose heavily soon due to zero spark.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:39 pm

With players like him and Anasta tigers are playing 11 on 13. I fear that the team will lose heavily soon due to zero spark.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:42 pm

Simona to fullback, Fine or Lulia into the centres and Austin into 5/8 and we're a much better attacking unit without losing much in defense.
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:49 pm

what about the new fullback in the reggies is he up to 1st standard. as rowe is not at present.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 3:31 pm

After two NRL games he is no world beater, but after just viewing the replay I dont think he is as bad as everyone is making out. I would stick with him and keep disruptions to the team to the bare minimum.

As for Anasta, I just dont see what skills he has the Austen dosnt. The only problem it is a total waste of energy talking about the subject as he will be on the team list every week while he can walk.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 3:34 pm

One thing I will say about Rowe is that he is more proficient than Moltzen at taking the high ball under pressure.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 4:09 pm

He can catch and he tries hard in kick returns. However he is dominated in most tackles and is a non-entity in attack.

He would be lucky to have made a tackle break in his 2 games. Positioning is also questionable.

Far from a bad player, but I always want to ensure we are using our best option. If he's it, so be it.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 4:20 pm

rowe's fine. potter will and should give him another game, which is all that matters.

Keep the same lineup next week except try to slot in fulton somehwere (a nightmare given how well everyone went).
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 5:13 pm

pHyR3 wrote:rowe's fine. potter will and should give him another game, which is all that matters.

Keep the same lineup next week except try to slot in fulton somehwere (a nightmare given how well everyone went).
I agree. Our major problem atm is with our halves. We have a lot of strike power out wide but they're not seeing enough ball. Rowe & Brooks need to work on their combination while Anasta needs to get the outside men into the game. I'd be more inclined to put Austin in for Anasta at this stage rather than move our fullback around again.