Luke Brooks Dive

shane2801

Re: Luke Brooks Dive

Post by shane2801 » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:25 pm

What's worse, a player taking a dive or a player claiming a try when he knows he didn't ground it? How many times does the latter happen every week? All players are as bad as one another. Good on Brooks for getting away with it.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:26 pm

Whether he tripped or dived the only difference to the score would have been if Parra did not score a few minutes later and had Sandow converted this would not be a talking point. For those who think he dived really believe Parra would have scored twice to ensure the victory or absolutely certain that had the try been given that Sandow would have converted that one. In the end they had the chance to win the game with conversions and failed. We have lost games in previous years through poor goal kicking even when being the better side.
Its a brave call to think Brooks would have taken the fall on the expectation that he was not going to make the tackle and pray for a favourable video ref decision. Big risk IMO

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:36 pm

Hear The Roar wrote: "I don't think I'm a Parra supporter"
"It's a 50/50 decision as to if you believe I am. Someone forced me on here and I had nowhere to go but type a post"
must have been a decent calibre...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:44 pm

Hear The Roar wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Hear The Roar wrote:Image

Facing Brooks, Gower hit him on the left side (the inside) when running at him. By going inside it meant that Brooks had to commit to the tackle.

He had to make a decision to stay where he was and turn slightly towards Gower. He could easily have stepped to his left but he committed to Gower and pushed off him.
You want to argue the decision, yet you show the proof that it was correct. Gower touches Brooks before the ball gets to NORMAN, thus no try, just as every single one should be.
Hayne never touches the ball. Norman does.
Hayne is in the backplay to the left.

Brooks just needs a pair ;)

See you guys in the finals! Lets hope it's a fair match :D
Should have checked before posting, but have edited the post and upper cased the correct name. Think Parra, think Hayne.

You should send a PM to Roosterman to arrange a get together as you have something in common and he may also need a bit of TLC.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:00 pm

Look I thought it was a try

Just my opinion , but it was nice to get a 50/50 call go our way

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:09 pm

I fail to see how it was a try, if you watch the play Lawrence follows Hopoate until Brooks is impeded by Gower which forces Lawrence to move in on Norman, creating the gap for Hopoate to run through, if Brooks isn't taken out then Lawrence may not have to move in and he can continue to follow Hopoate.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:09 pm

I fail to see how it was a try, if you watch the play Lawrence follows Hopoate until Brooks is impeded by Gower which forces Lawrence to move in on Norman, creating the gap for Hopoate to run through, if Brooks isn't taken out then Lawrence may not have to move in and he can continue to follow Hopoate.

lathami

Post by lathami » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:10 pm

Blah blah blah!!
I have watch brooks alot during his development, and he's no diver!!
Tough as they come wont step back, but no diver....
Hayne, bird, gallen there all divers..not brooks!
What about the penalty from in front when Anasta was pushed of the bomb!! That would of had us up by 6!! The forward pass that led to paras last try from buttercup hayne??
Theey had their chances and failed bad luck, suck it UP!!!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:14 pm

tigeru wrote:I fail to see how it was a try, if you watch the play Lawrence follows Hopoate until Brooks is impeded by Gower which forces Lawrence to move in on Norman, creating the gap for Hopoate to run through, if Brooks isn't taken out then Lawrence may not have to move in and he can continue to follow Hopoate.

A Lawrence defensive decision should never be taken into account on any borderline decision... he came up trumps a few times on the weekend rushing in, but every opposition should be looking to exploit him if they arent already.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:Look I thought it was a try

Just my opinion , but it was nice to get a 50/50 call go our way
Interesting. I didnt. But In my view the NRL has been too lenient on decoy runners in the past 5 years. Once a decoy runner hits the line and interferes with defenders it should always be obstruction.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:I don't understand anybody sticking up for Parra in this situation.

It is utter BS that people think dummy runner can make contact with defenders and get away with it. You are a dummy runner, you are not allowed to contact defenders.

Parra scored a few minutes later anyway, they can't have both those tries.
This is all 100% correct.

I'm with you and the whole thing pisses me off.

You can not have attacking players running into almost stationary defenders and a coach b**** and moaning about being on the inside shoulder.

Its obvious this is what he has instructed his players to do, but instead of taking responsibility for his clumsy reserve grade prop executing it wrong he hammers a young 19yo kid who did nothing wrong.

Even if he did fall down a bit exaggerated after contact so bloody what, Hayne and Sandow do this type of thing every game.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:34 pm

50/50 call - there's millions of them every game. Refs call.
If you're a Parra fan suck it up.
If you're a tigers fan take it. Coz it's likely to go against us next week.
Move on.

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:02 pm

Hear The Roar wrote:Yet Brooks still says
"It was 50/50" and "I don't *think* so"

He's not too sure that "it is completely because of Gower"

End of the decoy runner I say. There will be flops galore in the next few weeks.

Also he was NEVER going to make that tackle on Norman (who is not the Parra fullback BTW)
OK Norman then, I was at the game, I thought from my seat that Hayne gave the last pass. Don't come on here like a smart ar$e and argue the toss over who gave the pass.

Best part is, not only do I think I am correct, but the video refs agree.

Your doomsday comment about decoys is unfounded, Greg Bird must have done 4 or 5 dives when the black/white interpretation first came in (and then was removed); it didn't even remotely stop the decoys back then. Runners are just better at not making contact.

The reality is that 95% of the time players do not dive, because they don't have enough time to weigh up whether diving is acceptable or not in the current situation. Most players will stay on their feet and try and make a tackle - sure they may wished they had dived, but it is not an easy thing to consciously and consistently do.

Further to this, all obstructions are ruled on video, so if you look like you dived, they will award a try. Only proper authentic contact can lead to a believable falling over.

Hear The Roar

Post by Hear The Roar » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:12 pm

"Best part is, not only do I think I am correct, but the video refs agree."

Except for the ref on the field ... and every commentator on TV ;)

Take your 2 points, but don't tell me he didn't dive, even he wasn't sure!

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:27 pm

betcha if hayne was asked 'was the pass you threw in the leadup to the last parra try forward?' he would say 'not sure'. If he said 'no' he'd be lying through his teeth - & of course he would never do that...
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:37 pm

One of the most straight forward obstructions ive seen.

Brooks was heading toward the ball carrier along with Lawrence heading to the man outside the ball carrier Hopoate. As soon as Brooks tripped Lawrence changed and came in on the ball carrier allowing a gap for Hoppa. If Brooks doesnt get tripped Lawrence stays on Hoppa. It was blatant.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:56 pm

I don't think Brooks to a dive. He was run into.
Hayne is a special at gamesmanship. Ever time he is tackled he tries to take an extra two metres. It was funny when Luani wouldn't let him. He had three attempts. Luani stood his ground and wouldn't let him cheat.
My favourite Hayne moment was when to opposite was attaching. Parra could get back into the defensive line, so Hayne grabs a second ball off the ball boy. Throws it on the field. The ref blows the whistle for time out, as Parra get back on side. Classic Hayne.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:28 pm

Hear The Roar wrote:"Best part is, not only do I think I am correct, but the video refs agree."

Except for the ref on the field ... and every commentator on TV ;)

Take your 2 points, but don't tell me he didn't dive, even he wasn't sure!
suck it up , you got beat by a reserve grade side :lol: :righton:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.