The penalty goal at the end

Black'n'White

Re: The penalty goal at the end

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 7:58 pm

Knuckles wrote:Take the two was my call .... Good decision as it turned out.
Same... but I could easily see our squad falling to pieces with every man trying too hard to stop a breakaway leaving the line in ruins...

At best it was a line call.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 8:29 am

I think it was a good call. If successful it took the field goal option to tie it up and go to golden point away from the Cowboys. To win they would need to score a try. If it missed it would be a 20mtr drop out, I had no doubt Richards would kick it dead.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 9:17 am

We could have given them the opportunity for another go, there were not that good yet, otherwise they could have won with a foot in the air. They had 79 minutes to do it but failed. you think they could have done it in 1 minute when they failed to have done it in 79 minutes! It was all hypothetical and I think they have over rated themselves at this stage and we went in without our gun playes like Farah, our captain,Tedesco our speedy full back, Fulton our rock solid defend second rower and Sironen our very capable 5/8 cum second rower.We also had an ordinary game, but did not win pretty.