11. L. Fulton,
12. B. Thompson,
13. A. Blair.
Interchange:
14. M. Taupau,
15. A. Semanufagai,
16. B. Austin,
17. S. Akauola
Last edited by tom620 on Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tom620

Post by tom620 » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:11 pm

Gavet out with a hamstring tear - NRL website says he will be out for 4 weeks

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:19 pm

Sorry but still not convinced with Rowe.. 2nd game yet he still looked scared.
Didnt really worry about the ball return, just coasted near his goaline after collecting unlike teddy and other better Fbs who run towards the opposition try line.

Gavet will be missed but i guess i like Austin in there too. Will bring the spark.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:24 pm

As expecte

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 6:34 pm

Goose wrote:As expecte
Monday game = Tuesdays line up bar Gavet...

Must admit I would prefer to see Luani dropped for an Austin start and BMM called up... I dont know, Luani wasnt a bad Hooker football wise, just not right Tigers wise... I would be using Fulton to eat the pain in the centre over Luani, but thats me... Potter has a much better record though, and honestly, I will back his decision to the hilt.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:08 pm

Expected that side although I would have liked to see Simona go to fullback and Lulia back to the centres to liven our attack at the back.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:10 pm

Black'n'White wrote:

Must admit I would prefer to see Luani dropped for an Austin start and BMM called up... I dont know, Luani wasnt a bad Hooker football wise, just not right Tigers wise... I would be using Fulton to eat the pain in the centre over Luani, but thats me... Potter has a much better record though, and honestly, I will back his decision to the hilt.
Tempting, but I prefer like for like. Luani was excellent in defence. He hit hard and was great in the middle.

No one is mentioning it, but Luani's service was amazing. He passes like a rugby union half back.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

everett

Post by everett » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:12 pm

I agree with you Willow however I do like the idea to replace like with like.

Hopefully Rowe will continue to improve.

Gravet is a big loss for th next 4 weeks.

When Farah is back I hope Austin is picked at 5/8.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:18 pm

everett wrote:I agree with you Willow however I do like the idea to replace like with like.

Hopefully Rowe will continue to improve.

Gravet is a big loss for th next 4 weeks.

When Farah is back I hope Austin is picked at 5/8.

Dream on

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:25 pm

willow wrote:Expected that side although I would have liked to see Simona go to fullback and Lulia back to the centres to liven our attack at the back.
I feel Rowe is doing his job , good under the high ball ,good positionally and made some good last ditch tackles

People want Tedesco from Rowe

Rowe is playing well

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:34 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Expected that side although I would have liked to see Simona go to fullback and Lulia back to the centres to liven our attack at the back.
I feel Rowe is doing his job , good under the high ball ,good positionally and made some good last ditch tackles

People want Tedesco from Rowe

Rowe is playing well
Agreed.

His only real issue is his obvious lack of confidence in the grade. he doesnt quite believe he is up to that level yet. But he has done nothing wrong and will be even better this week after a solid game in front of 50,000 last week.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 7:35 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

Tempting, but I prefer like for like. Luani was excellent in defence. He hit hard and was great in the middle.

No one is mentioning it, but Luani's service was amazing. He passes like a rugby union half back.

Dont get me wrong, I agree Luani was a solid hooker for us, I will not knock the guy as a solid mark of respect... We play with a strong 9, rather than a hooker. most teams in the comp bar souths and Penriff wouldnt skip a beat with Luani filling in, but horses for courses, we are just a track not suited to his skillest. Our hooker needs to be part 7 part 9, and for me Austin has that skillset, again thats not knocking Luani, i was even proud of his efforts in the pack.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:08 pm

It is a really hard call.

I don't think Austin can play 80. Luani will be better for the run and have more confidence (It took Blake some time at CSS)

Would love that third prop on the bench but Sita was so effective he cannot be denied

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:19 pm

Rowe isn't playing well, he is just playing safely enough to not cost us. It's not enough for a fullback to be good at catching footballs, which is really all he does at the moment.

Can't say there's a superior alternative though, Lulia does not impress in the centres, Koro is not travelling so well, so we would weaken 2-5 if we shifted Simona or Nofo to FB. Pat Richards can't go back there, he is as flexible as a robot.

Luani was ok, sure he throws a nice pass, but he doesn't do much for the creativeness of the attack. That knock-on off Blair's offload was a debacle.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:24 pm

That is what I expected , last time we played Titans we had Tedesco, Farah, Gavet , Lulia , Paterson , Sue playing ,
Now we have Simona , Fulton , Austin , Rowe ,Luani , Akauola taking those spots .
Leichardt has got to be packed to the rafters to get the Boys home .
Can I just mention Akauola absolutely excites me he is just so RAW!!!!!!! anyone know his Contract Status with us ?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:28 pm

I love Potter sticking with Rowe. Let's face it, he has not slotted straight in , though as a club we need to build a genuine replacement fullback option (for many reasons: future rep rounds, teddy contract, teddy injury etc) The pain now in a season which is a rebuilding one could be massive for us in years to come. Giving Rowe time to settle in is an investment in our future.

There were lots of people calling for Teddy's head last year. People wanted other options tried. Heck, I wanted other options tried. Nofos name was a favourite. Potter stuck with Teddy and the rest is history.

Sheens played Simona only a handful of times instead of sticking it out...

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 8:53 pm

Rowe's not playing bad, he's just not playing very good either.
I say give Rowe another crack. I think he has been great over the years for the U20's so I support his selection.
But if his performances echo the first two then it's time to get real and look for greater quality.
Fullback is too important and certainly a position where we can't afford mediocrity. Remember that we don't need to be patient with Rowe - we have Tedesco.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:41 pm

foreveratiger wrote:That is what I expected , last time we played Titans we had Tedesco, Farah, Gavet , Lulia , Paterson , Sue playing ,
Now we have Simona , Fulton , Austin , Rowe ,Luani , Akauola taking those spots .
Leichardt has got to be packed to the rafters to get the Boys home .
Can I just mention\Akauola absolutely excites me he is just so RAW!!!!!!! anyone know his Contract Status with us ?
You are not the only one excited. I'm was pumped Big Kev style watching him play on Monday.
He made the hit ups look effortless - Looks really confident