The complacency factor

laufoofan

Re: The complacency factor

Unread post by laufoofan » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 10:11 am

We are up against the best in Taylor, Nyles,Bailey and Bird in the forwards. They have quick men in the wings and Kelly. We have to play them upfront and force some errors, otherwise they will be hard to beat as they can score trials. We cannot be complacent and have to play 80 minutes of football, Potter will ensure that. Potter has a contract to sign, so it still depends how he goes for the rest of the year. The others will have to be at their best because for every player, there is one waiting to take their place. We have to be at our best to beat them, now we do not have our two best players on the field in Farah and Tesdesco.We need to score some points as we have difficulty scoring points without those players.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Fri 25 Apr, 2014 1:05 pm

Bailey is injured.

senexx

Unread post by senexx » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 1:30 pm

Generation generalisations are just that - generalisations.

I'll add when you are young, it is when you do learn.

It when you are older most people refuse to learn. We're capable but we also think we've been there, done that, we know that.

Usually we are mistaken.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 5:46 pm

We are not there yet,we have to beat the Titans and beat them convincingly at Leichart first. We also have to play 80 minutes and like the game against the Cowboys try to stop tries against us.By being professional we can not only win but to win as expected.

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 5:59 pm

There's zero reason to be complacent. Tigers don't have the personnel to be. I'll be severely disappointed if they turn up expecting it to be easy. It won't be unless they learn to score normal tries.

mctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by mctiger » Sat 26 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Tigerdave wrote:given the injuries and the fact we're up against a side that has been playing pretty well since we beat them..........I'm not expecting a win and I doubt the players will be as well, it's a completely different Wests Tigers outfit than what we've seen.
Of course the players will be expecting to win and so they should. Last week gives them confidence plus there is the home ground support advantage. I do worry about us missing Gavet's line speed and energy.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 8: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”